The Nintendo Switch... WHY?

• I just need to say it, this system looks like utter trash. Why can't Nintendo get serious about their games and platform like they did from the NES-Gamecube days? I hear countless people damage- controlling for Nintendo on YouTube, forums, and in real life. Why do these people settle for mediocrity instead of demanding better? Nintendo is PERFECTLY capable of competing with PlayStation and Microsoft. They are a multi- BILLION dollar corporation. Why not sell their consoles at a loss and blow the Ps4 Pro / Project Scorpio out of the water? Nintendo continues to fail over and over again. The DS and Wii may have been extremely successful in terms of sales, but they were HORRIBLE for the "hardcore" gamer (who was the target demographic Nintendo USED TO cater to). Wii U and 3ds sold significantly worse than the previous two systems, and they only marginally improved their appeal to the hardcore crowd.

The Switch again, seems like a complete facepalm for us hardcore gamers. The thing has trash graphical capabilities barely better than the Wii U. In Handheld mode, it cuts down the power to 40% processor speed. No controller comes in box except for the two gimmick mini wiimotes. Controllers are insanely expensive. The whole damn system costs too much considering the trash hardware within. Battery life is as low as the launch Vita. The library of games within the first year are Extremely sparse. Zelda & Mario Oddyssey look like great games, but why for the look of God do the graphics look WORSE than Gamecube games? I just don't get how these modern day Nintendo fans can keep lying to themselves. I am saying this as a HUGE Nintendo fanboy of the NES-Gamecube generations btw.

817463_1

• ^Nintendo needs to SWITCH up their marketing ASAP! This thing needs to become their successor to the 3ds line, NOT their new console. I am flabbergasted by the performance of the portable mode here. Docked mode is complete and utter garbage. This system should be marketed as a premium handheld system with enhanced HDMI functionality.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!