Unlock Potential for CaCs

• If you have played Xenoverse like I do or watch videos of this, then you should know that the third DLC Pack comes with Elder Kai as a mentor and completing his "trials" awards you with the Unlock Potential "transformation." Something like this could also be incorporated into Dragonball Online for all CaCs. As Xenoverse has shown us, this transformation is usable by any race/gender.

What would the transformation do:
    It would basically be a power-up form like SSJ and Kaio-Ken. Using the form would increase your offensive stats as well as Hitrate and Dodge by a fair margin while defensive stats, EP, and LP would remain unaffected. Attack Speed will be increased as well, but not to the same level as Kaio-Ken/SSJ (the boost won't be as big). The form also doesn't double EP like SSJ and comes with a drain that's equal to Kaio-Ken at lv. 2. Finally, you wouldn't be able to improve it with SP since there's really nothing to improve. CD will also be set to 30 minutes.

How would someone get the transformation:
    This would basically be done by doing a series of quests for Elder Kai once he appears in, say, Korin's Tower or Kami's Lookout (despite being dead he still has the authority to come to Earth without needing permission from King Yemma). There would be requirements to trigger his quests however.

1. You must be at a certain level (like 60 or 70ish)
    2. You must have your Master Class.
    3. You must have wished for both your race's transformation and HTB2 skill (Nameks and Majins would not need to spend SP on their skills).

Once these requirements are met, you can meet him to start his quests. These quests won't be easy however and each new quest will require you to reach a higher level like the Flight quests. They will also be time consuming so dedication is a must for this (it helps prove to Elder Kai that you are serious about this). Upon completion, Elder Kai will perform his ritual (which won't take 25 hours or so in-game XD) and unlock your hidden potential thus granting you Unlock Potential.

Benefits/Drawbacks of the form
    Aside from the boosts it grants, Unlock Potential will allow all races to use their skills normally. This is especially helpful to healers and buffers since their transformations prevent them from performing buffs/healing skills. The form also doesn't drain LP like Kaio-Ken so you won't have to worry much about the extra damage you take. That being said, the transformation will end when you either:

a. Run out of EP
    b. When your LP gets too low.

The transformation also doesn't boost Crit. Rate so its overall damage won't be as good as Kaio-Kens. Not only that, but the race transformations will have some perks that make them alternate options to Unlock Potential such as more power, better defenses, more attack speed, etc. Finally, CD won't begin until the transformation shuts off either by force or manually. None the less, Unlock Potential would be a good alternative to the race transformations/Kaio-Ken and can fit in with any build.

So yeah, thoughts and comments?

• It's well-though out, I like it! Would it be presented as a new type of aura or something?

I really like the idea of a form being obtained at lvl 70, give the hardcore players a good reward for their work. I mean, I dunno if something like that exists already, but I do feel like there should be some significance in power for reaching such a high level. I really like your idea, though obviously it would have to be tested out before you could actually use it. :thumbup:

• It's well-though out, I like it! Would it be presented as a new type of aura or something?

I really like the idea of a form being obtained at lvl 70, give the hardcore players a good reward for their work. I mean, I dunno if something like that exists already, but I do feel like there should be some significance in power for reaching such a high level. I really like your idea, though obviously it would have to be tested out before you could actually use it. :thumbup:

Yeah it would hopefully have the same white/blue aura you see in Xenoverse.

And yeah this would be something that would have to come much later in the development phase due to the requirements and creating the quest system and such.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!