Grand Cheffs Changes

• I have played cheff and plasma until now and all over the pre open beta. Back in tw i have played for 3 years ultimate majin so if you want a majin experienced player feedback keep reading I will right in this thread my opinion about the cheff changes and my own personal recommendations.

I am loving all the changes and i think the game is much better now so I want to thank the team for that.

About the cheffs changes i think the two that are on point: the 35con buff being an aoe buff now and the con/eng passive.

i doesn’t like the str+dex new passive (speccially since cheff best damage skill is cluster bomb and it is energy for some weird reason), giant donkey slash its not viable since the skill is self cast and if you add the 2s cast time and the animation of the skill either you got interrupted or your target runs out of the skill’s area (if nobody else killed your target in this time).

Honestly the ep drain change does not mean that much for me bc the only scenario this debuff is useful is in pvp and even in pvp it is only useful against sks,dws and pokos (assuming SKs and DWs don’t ring you out before). The other classes just can either resist it or apply a chain off cc so you cant use the debuff (dendes can heal ep and remove it, same with ultimates and both classes have high resistance). Even for those classes that the debuff is useful against, they can use pot, autopot and senzu so it isnt that useful.

I would like changes that has a reason behind.

Defense rate change i have not gather enough information and testing to have a solid opinion about it so i would not give my point of view here.

One of the main problems of this class is the amount of sps you need to make a decent build, just try to make your own build and you’ll see, even an specific build like full pvp5v5 or full pve you cant have the skills you need in order to be competitive (even in 70cap).

My point of view is that cheff is pretty decent in pvp exclusively for dojo war and scramble. About PvE and the rest of PvP there are just better options than cheff.

My recommendations

PvP 5v5: increase the area of the candy aoe somewhat in between the plasmas aoe confuse and the karmas aoe confuse, make the mightys 14prop buff with a decent aoe 8 targets, increase the area of 23% con buff and reduce cd (same cd as lp reg% from ultimates).

PvP 1v1: the passive of defense rate I would change it to a "increase the chance of guarding against status effects by X% (same as warrior's buff) + increase movement speed by X%, both stats with decent amounts of %s can free you out from chains of cc making cheffs have a unique style of combat specially being something different from ultimates (ultimates can remove cc by themselves and remove debuffs). The damage cheffs deal is fair enough imo so I wouldn’t buff it . Reducing the 23%con buff cd is a must to be viable for solo pvp.

PvE: this is the most interesting imo. I think you can make a great change here making more classes viable for end game dungeons. If you change the hit rate/dex buff into a dex/“increase phy damage dealt from behind from X%” you are not nerfing the op energy speed party (dende ultimate poke karma turtle/crane) but you are opening a way for swords and fighters to be viable (without making the damages too op), To make this possible I would suggest change the str/sol buff into something more defensive (without making chef a beast). I tested my self, you are a lot weaker with cheff’s buffs compared to being buffed with ultimate’s buffs plus one of the op aspects of speed energy party is that they are all ranged classes so they don’t receive any aoe damage from the boss (martial artist are melee so they need better defensive buffs).

I don’t pretend every change to be applied nor making cheff a beast, these are just recommendations that I would want you to read.;)

• Well I can't say anything against your PVP recommendations since I'm not certain about the PvP meta with Chefs.

However saying that GDS is NOT a viable option seems kind off to me. I don't know if you looked at the multiplier behind GDS , 4,15 on your physical ATK is good enough to hit the 10k range once you crit (with the new enhancements it is possible). On the other hand , yea the Cast-Time is quite long and there are indeed odds for you to get interrupted by stuns/kds/etc. Still , GC's have an insane survavability while dealing tons of AoE Damage. Getting interrupted won't hurt you , since stuns will get shortened over time if mobs abuses them. Furthermore both Donkey Slashes have less CD , so they are spam-able. I'm sorry but I don't see any further issues with GC's in the PvE meta.

About the ATK passives , they influence both AoE options in a good way. Don't forget about the Kaio-Ken scaling behind it. Kaio-Ken + both Donkey-Slashes are enough for insane/spam-able AoE's so they outshine both spins which is good.

This is another point for me. Both spins have massive CD (for Chefs ofc not for Ultis). Further on you get immobile while using them. I've found it good to finally trash them away for more mobility.

GC's are totally fine for the PvE and will surely find a spot in partys. For more info about what they can offer for the PvE read my Guide, but saying that there are ''better'' options for the PvE is just wrong.

• Here's my two cents on this, although my reasons mostly come from PvE.

Giant Donkey Slash is still amazing despite the cast time (which can be somewhat remedied with RP) given its range and KD. Donkey Slash is also good, but it doesn't have to be maxed to be viable. I personally find 2 SP enough since you still get a AoE KD that can be spammed.

Spirit Drain is now viable again after the buff and, once it gets fixed, will be an amazing asset given that you don't have to worry too much about EP. I even run it on my PvE Tank build simply because of how amazing of a support option it is now.

The spins (specifically the Ball Transformation) may not be the first choice in dealing with mobs given its after-stun and long CD, but it's still a great tool to have when you need some massive AOE damage that GDS itself can't deliver. It's all about timing.

All these support buffs you've listed don't need to happen. Defense Breath got a massive buff by simply becoming an AoE so that alone puts Grand Chefs in the big boy leagues, especially when combined with its mastery passive, CON passive, and Fountain of Smell buff. You're basically dealing with one of the best tanks in the game (at this time) so buffing the other buffs would be pointless.

Something that people need to understand about Double Crazy Rush is that, despite having a 2 second longer CD than GDS, it's just as much of a beast skill because of its range and high base power. This shines greatly in PvE as it's a great skill to help maintain aggro while your (Giant) Donkey Slash is on CD.

Another thing about Grand Chefs people need to understand is that they're not a full-on support class (if you want that, then just go Ultimate). Personally, going support ruins their offensive and defensive potential, so people shouldn't just look at them as another buffer.

Again, these are just my two cents so don't take things personally.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!