Running DBOG On Mac solution

• Hey, I have a mac bookpro and I play dbog and alot of other games by using bootcamp. All you need if an IOS image of windows 8 or windows 10 and bootcamp will get all the drivers and everything for you. It's very easy to do if people need help i don't mind posting a little walk through or whatever on how to go about it. Bootcamp will allow you to run windows and mac on your PC, you can switch inbetween the two whenever you want i just find myself using the windows portion more.

• Hey, I have a mac bookpro and I play dbog and alot of other games by using bootcamp. All you need if an IOS image of windows 8 or windows 10 and bootcamp will get all the drivers and everything for you. It's very easy to do if people need help i don't mind posting a little walk through or whatever on how to go about it. Bootcamp will allow you to run windows and mac on your PC, you can switch inbetween the two whenever you want i just find myself using the windows portion more.

Mac's arent really meant for gaming, Thier mostly used for productivity things. Like in a work office or home work, Unless you have the bigger version of the i-Mac witch does actualy have a graphics card meant for gaming... I know this because my brother has one he got from an in-law.
    But, Its pretty costly Just like almost all computers.
    However, DBOG shouldnt crash or anything, But i can almost garenee you that it will lag (Low frame rate) or (choppy)
    Should still be playable :thumbsup:

• Hi,

I've been trying to install DBO Global using Winebottler. It installs successfully and I used the 'DBOGLauncher.exe' as starting file when I double click the icon that is created after installing with Winebottler on desktop. It starts and it's jumping up and down in the Dock, but then it just disappears!
    Can anyone help me out?

• Thanks! I've installed DBOG with PlayOnMac, and now I have both a shortcut for the DBOGLauncher.exe and DBOG.exe . When I start DBOG, it starts normally, but I still have to update the game with DBOGLauncher so I get an authentication error. When I start DBOGLauncher, it bounces up and down again for a second in the dock and then it just disappears and nothing happens. Can anyone help me? :(

The debug report of DBOGLauncher says the following:
    [06/26/16 11:45:37] - Running wine- DBOGLauncher.exe (Working directory : /Users/Kevin/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/DBOG/drive_c/Program Files/DBO Global)
    fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.8 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
    fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
    fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtCreateNamedPipeFile Message mode not supported, falling back to byte mode.
    fixme:ntdll:__syscall_NtCreateNamedPipeFile Message mode not supported, falling back to byte mode.
    libgluezilla not found. To have webbrowser support, you need libgluezilla installed

Unhandled Exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate (System.Uri url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.set_Url (System.Uri value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser:set_Url (System.Uri)

at DBOLauncher.Form1..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) DBOLauncher.Form1:.ctor ()

at DBOLauncher.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate (System.Uri url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.set_Url (System.Uri value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser:set_Url (System.Uri)

at DBOLauncher.Form1..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) DBOLauncher.Form1:.ctor ()

at DBOLauncher.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

• <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <config_options>
    <op ver="0.1" ip="167.114.141.182" port="20200"/>
    <local ver="0.1" local_dsp=".\language\local_data.dat" local_sync_dsp=".\language\local_sync_data.dat"/>
    <BUGTRAP ip="127.0.0.1" port ="9999" folder="DBO Client(DBO_CT_TW_Release)"/>
    </config_options>

replace by 3 ;)

• Thanks so far for helping man, but I still get an error now.
    What I did was this:
    - Uninstalled everything in PlayOnMac
    - Deleted shortcuts
    - Reinstalled everything using PlayOnMac
    - Copied your files
    - In the left sidebar in PlayOnMac clicked on open directory
    - Pasted your files
    - Started DBOGLauncher from desktop --> nothing happens
    - Started DBOG from desktop --> Error
    - Started DBOGLauncher from PlayOnMac --> Error in main
    - Started DBOG from PlayOnMac --> Error in main

• Doesn't change anything :(. Still get the same Error code [2]

When I run debug in PlayOnMac on DBOG I get this:
    [06/26/16 13:21:20] - Running wine- DBOG.exe (Working directory : /Users/Kevin/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/DBOG/drive_c/Program Files/DBO Global)
    fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.8 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
    fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
    fixme:d3d:wined3d_dxtn_init Wine cannot find the txc_dxtn library, DXTn software support unavailable.
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
    fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion wined3d 0x167368, adapter_idx 0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!
    fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x20.
    fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x110000 0 0x33e758 4 stub
    fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x2a60000 0 0x33e758 4 stub
    fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x2950000 0 0x33e758 4 stub
    fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x2840000 0 0x33e758 4 stub
    fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x2730000 0 0x33e758 4 stub
    fixme:msxml:domdoc_get_parseError (0x1f3388)->(0x33d6f4): creating a dummy parseError
    fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER: unimplemented DisconnectEx
    fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl c8000006 (device=c800 access=0 func=1 method=2)
    fixme:winsock:server_ioctl_sock Unsupported ioctl c8000006 (device=c800 access=0 func=1 method=2)
    fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_WSAIORW(IOC_WS2, 6))
    fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    fixme:d3d:wined3d_dxtn_init Wine cannot find the txc_dxtn library, DXTn software support unavailable.
    fixme:wbemprox:wbem_services_CreateInstanceEnum unsupported flags 0x00000030
    fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
    fixme:ddraw:ddraw7_Initialize Ignoring guid {aeb2cdd4-6e41-43ea-941c-8361cc760781}.
    err:avicap:query_video_device Video 4 Linux support not enabled
    fixme:devenum:DEVENUM_ICreateDevEnum_CreateClassEnumerator Category {33d9a761-90c8-11d0-bd43-00a0c911ce86} not found
    fixme:devenum:DEVENUM_ICreateDevEnum_CreateClassEnumerator Category {cc7bfb41-f175-11d1-a392-00e0291f3959} not found
    fixme:devenum:DEVENUM_ICreateDevEnum_CreateClassEnumerator Category {cc7bfb46-f175-11d1-a392-00e0291f3959} not found

• can you show me your spec, I want to try this oUT to because I'm mac user too but I'm boot camping to window 10 and sometimes it a little choppy

Yeah I'm using bootcamp as well it has its moment where it chops but I felt like that was just due to some momentary lag and due to the game being in an early stage. I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually either way.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!