Posts by ethanvolcano21

The year is 2018, there're dozens of other MMORPGS with a multitude of content available, all worthy of their own respective prices/microtransactions because in this day and age games are expected to actually satisfy the player and be fun to play. The notion of hundred hour grinds is a relic of the last decade, and is the reason DBO Died. I'm sick of having to grind, mindlessly, thoughtlessly, with the same classes as I did years ago, when I could easily login to Elder Scrolls Online and actually complete several new dungeons, while leveling up once or twice per hour playthrough. No mindless grinding for 4 hours just to level up once to gain a single skill point, No reason to grind stones to upgrade, but instead constantly access new skills/loot which guarantees horizontal, as opposed to linear progress.

This game doesn't reward skillful play- It rewards grinding. Nothing differentiates players but their gear being +10 or up. Strategy doesn't matter, cooperation with other players doesn't matter, there are no incentives for continuous play either than to mindlessly stare at the dated and abysmal graphics of an old dragon ball game that was made to exploit its players of their money.

If anyone could defend the game please feel free to do so. Explain why anyone new to this game should play this over literally anything else, and explain how the dreadful experience felt here is remotely enjoyable.

Let me put this into perspective: Virtually all characters playstyles are identical until about level 40, when they've gathered enough skillpoints to begin differentiating their play. It takes 15+ hours of grinding to reach this point. Think about that. You could beat an entire campaign in that time. You could play an beat dozens of other rpgs, level up in dozens of other mmo's, but here: Every character.... takes 15 hours of devotion just to start having fun. And this neglects the fact that the time it takes to level up from this point onwards slows down.

It can take up to a week of playtime just to reach the cap... where the game actually begins. And forget about alts, like holy hell why would anyone go through the torture? For a broken endgame? For a 100+ hour grind to get 15+ gear? No thanks.

Lemme clarify: Okay yes, I admit that these popular games have only one (or few) developers. FAct of the matter is, this isn't minecraft, or rollercoaster tycoon, etc. This is a full fledged MMORPH experience, with thousands of work-hours put into the development of assets, graphic design, artwork, networking between multiple companies, communication between aspects of developers, etc. This is a project incomparable in magnitude to the projects of singe-player games. A single developer could never revive an entire MMORPG in a few years, letalone create one.

That's why we've seen the numerous delays since the dawn of this project on DBOCOM.com (I wonder how Citrinite is doing nowadays lol). It's been 5+ years, and the game is only just now being finalized in it's revival. Sure its a difficult undertaking, and its commendable that anyone worked on this project to begin with. But the fact remains that being able to maintain such a game will require a community of mods working together with the general community. This is a project where everyone's input will be involved.

tl;dr don't compare an MMORPG to minecraft. You could technically program minecraft in your basement if you knew the right coding, and get it done within a couple of hours. You couldn't do the same with an MMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you agree with me? "Yes he makes an interesting argument"(Who is 'he'?). You make it sound like you're in agreement with Kamo, and then proceed to explain what I was saying in greater detail, but it's in a way that agrees with Kamo. If you're in agreement with Kamo, then why is that? His response was full of contradictions, he claims players are too lazy to gear/use the correct build their PvE characters, then continues to explain that certain classes are being punished. On top of the fact he questions why players don't want someone with a PvE build in their PvP party for Budokai. And why are we discussing game balance in a thread about "Tier lists"? We're supposed to compare and contrast as well as argue why the classes are ranked whatever that they are in the lists we've made.

Yes I was agreeing with you. Use context clues. If I say "he" makes an interesting argument, and then I proceed to explain your position, WHO ELSE WOULD I BE AGREEING WITH?

Also, I mention balance because the classes are ranked according to their utility in some cases. Turtle is more valued than fighter precisely because of their utility

Right? Daneos and team need to get to work instead of vacationing on the influx flood of donor money.

Why would he need to "fix" anything? lol. As it is with the brokenness of the game, he still gets paid for it. In a sense, he's LITERALLY BEING PAID NOT To fix the issues. If he does anything which makes people cash less (as in make a better game which isn't p2w, a game experience which doesn't reward you for dishing out money constantly) he loses for it.

And what kind of RPG requires you to make multiple characters for multiple purposes, just to aid your main character? The only game that does that is DBOG, usually you get everything you need using 1 acc or by trading with other players. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Yes he makes an interesting argument. Why would a game outright punish you for playing one of its classes? Its poor game design is what is is. You'll have fanboys preach and cry and rage in all CAPS about why "DBOG is the greatest MMO ever, anyone who objects to its godliness is a sinner unworthy of communication with", and progress is rarely made.

If you play as a Fighter, you're forced to 1v1 most PVE encounters, as such grinding takes a tremendous amount of time. Of course you could technically make a pve build, but you must sacrifice your build for the sake of adding more AOE moves, and wait a week to reset your skills. You're forced to go through all this trouble simply for wanting to play a class whose skills you like. <- That's poor game design.

Turtles are able to use a pvp build and soar in PVE environments because they share the same skills, as such many people would advise that you get turtles simply to powerlevel/farm, where most classes who aren't Turtle/SK would struggle simply because of the lack of balance. We literally have threads were people complain about their "Spots" being stolen, when in most modern mmo's, these spots wouldn't exist, because most MMO's aren't f*cking grindfests where you have to spend dozens of hours just to make a small amount of progress.

The fact that this game requires grinding for such an absurd amount of time is in of itself, poor game design. The fact that this game punishes you for playing classes only compounds the issue. Sure fixes could be address but in all liklihood, they never will be. So long as the money keeps flowing into Daenos's pockets, why would he fix this broken system?

But aren't you downgrading your Windows 10 version if you installed 1709? I am not going to downgrade my whole damn windows for one game. The problem is the game and the game needs to be fixed if the devs wish this game to survive the so called test of times.

lol, in order to play this gaming experience, you have to f*ck up your PC to do it. Speaks volumes about the quality of the game we're dealing with here, its the kind of experience that drags everyone down to the gutter with it

Some of the greatest games in history have been made by a single person or very small teams with little or no experience when they started

I defy you to name 1 example. Don't just make such an audacious statement, then say "look it up yourself, I swear its true" LOL, what a lame excuse that is. Burden of proof is on you bud.

Besides- A small game of developers making their own game is one thing, what we have here is a small group of developers recreating a game using a foundation (And ******* that up anyways, well... actually nah the game was pretty awful on its own to begin with, cant fault them for that).

Ok, let’s calm down before we start throwing insults to each other so let’s gets back to the main topic pls.

Whoah man, what do you expect from the people from this community? That they'll behave calm and rationally and unlike literal children? You expect too much. The past 20+ comments have been about flaming lol

Actually, the rates were improved from previous... sorry to say it, BUDDY , but you suck at DB hunting.

Translation - Mero: in addition to extraordinary luck, I have no life, so I hvae time to grind mindlessly for 4 hours straight instead of having sex with my girlfriend, or contributing anything meaningful to society, REEEEEEEEEE, YOU DONT LIKE MY AUTISTIC DRAGON BALL SYSTEM?!?!?!?! REEEEEEE GOAW WAAYA YOU SUCCCCK YOUR SO BADD REEEEEEEEEEE-

Mero you truly are an autist.

-NOTE THAT ALL THESE APPLY TO THE EASTERN STANDARD TIEMZONE OF THE UNITED STATES, FOR INSTANCE NYC-

The DRAGON BALL HUNT schedule is as follows:

* * Monday: (6AM - 10AM) * *

* * Tuesday: (10AM - 2PM) * *

* * Wednesday: (2 PM - 6 PM) * *

* * Friday: (6PM - 10PM) * *

* * Saturday: (10PM - 2AM) * *

* * Sunday: (2AM - 6AM) * *

HAPPY HUNTING!!!

World Martial Arts Tournament -

* * Kid (Solo) : Tuesday: (8AM) * *

* * Kid (Party): Friday: (11AM) * *

* * Adult (Solo) Saturday: (12PM)* *

* * Adult (Party) Sunday: (7AM)* *

GOOD LUCK!!!

DOJO WAR Schedule -

* * Sunday: (10AM) * *

GOOD LUCK!!!

Dragon Ball Scramble -

* * Monday: (6AM - 8AM) * *

* * Wednesday: (6PM - 8PM) * *

* * Friday: (2PM - 4PM) * *

GOOD LUCK!!!

Event Exp 50% (1.5 x exp) -

For EST, it starts-

* * Friday at 6PM * *

and Ends

* * Sunday at 6PM* *

Lasting 48 hours total

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Debatable. Im not looking to argue. At the end of the day- There's no way you can argue that the end-game in this game is comparable to other mmo's (by your own admission), and argue a reason why players should devote time to it. I deleted that comment because I got mad and became toxic muhself- My apologies, but I'm just fed up with being cursed out. I respect your arguments, and they aren't exactly false, but I'm just not willing to argue.

I, personally, am dissatisfied by the games current state, and I believe that without further improvements (And I mean drastic ones), I can't imagine the game being revived to it's fullest potential.

No, because this senseless grinding is ridiculous, I have better things to do with my life rather than throw hours of it away.

That's my thesis entirely- It's mind-boggling how anyone would willingly throw away hundreds of hours (and possibly dollars) of their life on a decade old mmo. Like I can understand devotion for end-level, top tier play, but lets not kid ourselves- Dragon ball online is not a competitive game. It's a pay to win kmmorpg (Korean MMORPG), deliberately made grindy so people would fork over money to have some decent content. This crud isn't league of legends, it's not CS-GO, it's just some random foreign rpg made by an unknown company that went under years ago.

There's a reason this game was never brought to the states, or to Europe- Because it's core appeal is non-existent to the average audience. MMO's are already a niche thing, which is why modern games try to appeal to the core audience to gain their revenue. Attempting to revive an mmo from KOREA, that died because of pay to win elements and shit end game, and KEEPING IN That end game, is bound to fail.

Right now the community is growing, and the game is raising awareness, so we have ourselves the perfect opportunity to engender change. But once you get rid of the casual audience, and all you have are the toxic, no life players who literally Caps lock and curse you out because they disagree with you, wasting their lives away on a dead game, well... The community will fail, and the game will die out.

Now, If I didn't like this game I wouldn't be here. If I didn't want to relive and make new fond memories of the game, I wouldn't be here- I'm saying this because I desperately want to see this game thrive.

Being completely honest- This game is still garbage. The end-game content requires hundreds of hours of dedication. For god' sake- It took me 40 hours to get to level 45 to begin with. The only people willing enough to play this game are in it for nostalgia (me), because they see potential in this mmo (99% of the community), and no-live losers who devote their entire lives and expenses to a video-game, when that money could be used to pay a mortgage lol.

If I had to choose between playing literally any other MMO in it's current state, and this, I'd choose the former any time. I want this game to thrive, but right now the community exclusively endorses and favors losers and no lives. I'm sorry, but if you're really so much of a loser that you need to curse out people who care about the game, and start discussions on it, it's just not a game/community worth joining.

And to anyone who says, - "Durrr, you want level 80 and +1,0000,00000 given for Free, durrrr"

No genius. I'm saying that other MMO's would give you dozens of times more content in the same amount of time, and STILL HVAE HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY for the average casual.

Just look at Elder scrolls online- In the time it takes to get to level 45, you would've:

-Have already explored 5 different FULL SCALE continents (plus starter region, and Final dungeon worlds), specialize in at least 3 different weapon types,

-Master at least 1 armor type, giving you access to hundreds of custom made armor, which you can still upgrade, and even customize the colors

-Unlocked the champion system, which is the post leveling end-game grind, that goes to 600. Levels and perks are still granted, more frequently encouraging further play and exploration

-Unlocked the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD (This is pre-ipdate, now you can explore the entire world now, but even back then the game was filled with content), giving you up to 10+ full scale continents, each with thousands of quests to do and hundreds of places to explore, NOT INCLUDING DLC

-Giving you access to end-game PVP items, but really PVP is available to anyone at any level because the game is actually balanced lol

And plenty more features. I'm a filthy casual, and I still have like 200 hours put there over the course of years. I'm not even 10% DONE WITH THE GAME!!! So imagine that- This is the kinda features mmo's Offer.

Trying to market a shitty mmo like Dragon ball online in today's era, would be analogous to trying to market the original super mario brothers- It's asinine trying to compare the two, because they're on a whole another level. I mean you can't honestly think that if features need to be kept in this old-ass game to extend the play-time, then there must not be that much worth it to begin with.

To anyone pathetic enough to have wasted so much time on this game (myself included) I apologize, there's just so much more you can do elsewhere.

There probably is one, but I don't know how to use it. And wouldn't it give an unfair advantage?

How tho? Like... Literally how? It's such a minor feature... And if you think that removing it gives an advantage, this implies that the game actively handicaps it's players for no reason, in which case it should be left optional anyway (analogous to controller vibrations, however the analogy doesn't apply here, because I mean... well... I really don't even notice it half the time, and I can't imagine how it would affect gameplay in any way. It's a visual asthetic... It'd be like arguing for the color of the curser distracting gameplay, or the shape of the arena.)

Alternatively you could level up your alts, or just UD/TMA spam (with a good party ofc) to gather materials to upgrade and/or sell. Essentially prepare yourself for the upcoming metagame economically.