Posts by weertoop

I think that it needs to be close to this = 142.44.142.9

hello, the ip does not need to be close to this.

to setup the servers ip (assuming u have setup the database correctly):

NOTE: keep all Master, Query and Database server config ips at local address (127.0.0.1). this includes addresses in other config files under [Master connect], [Query connect], and [Database].

1. to play alone, put ur local ip (127.0.0.1) in all ip places.

2. to play on local network, put ur private address (192.168.x.x) in all "Address" places ONLY under the server's field. example, for char server: [Char Server]. not under [Query Connect], not under [DATABASE_ACCOUNT]... u get it :)

3. to make ur server online, follow step 2, then google whatismyip, copy ur ipv4 public address and put it into the config files where it says "Public Address".

after that, u will need to port forward all server ports to ur pc. its simple believe me ;)

its done on the router, so u will have to google how to port forward a connection on ur router.

but it basically means that any data ur router gets that is going to the server ports, the router will forward it to ur pc.

4. in ur game's ConfigOptions file, place ur local ip if u followed step 1, and ur private ip if u followed steps 2 or 3.

5. send ur friends ur public ip u got from step 3 and tell them to place it in their ConfigOptions file.

6. if ur server is setup for online/non-local connections (steps 2 and 3), u will need to do one of these things:

- add the ports to ur windows firewall

- disable ur windows firewall (may not be recommended, but it works)

i hope this helps :3

Hello weertoop . If you know how to use Git, you can collect all these little patches together into a bigger one and make a pull request on the official DBOG's GitHub repository. If the patch is good Daneos will accept and merge it into the master code branch. He already did this with some of my patches made by me or others :). This project need all the help it can get ;).

actually i only used git to download reps, never used it to make pull requests (or post patches... u get the point :) ) so this would be my first time. that is why i wasnt confident in posting my little patches there :3

but sure, i will learn it and hopefully i will contribute to the project.

thanks a lot for the tip <3

sooo... here is another quick fix to the player movement.

the problem is, when we're moving while holding the RMB, the character sometimes turns as if we were not holding the RMB.

file name: AvatarController.cpp

this happens because in the MouseMoveRBtnHandler function we have this at the end:

Code
    if (iDeltaX == 0 && iDeltaY == 0)
    {
    ResetMousePosition();
    }

and in ResetMousePosition(), we are setting this:

Code
    m_bRButtonMoveFlag = FALSE;

this flag is being checked when we are moving the character by keyboard (in ActionMapKeyboardMove function)

so we can add a small condition check to fix this

Code
    if(!m_bRButtonDownFlag) //we add this line to fix the movement turn problem when holding RMB
    m_bRButtonMoveFlag = FALSE;

there are of course other ways of doing this, but i think this one handles it fine.

i'm not sure if this would produce other problems later on, but it is working fine for now.

hello, i noticed that the camera is faulty when we hold down the right mouse button, so this is a small fix i've managed to implement.

in the AvatarController.cpp file, i found out that the camera is trying to adjust itself regardless of whether or not the player is holding down the right mouse button.

this happens in the last 4 lines of the function:

Code
    if (fSubAngleY > 0.0f)
    GetNtlGameCameraManager()->AddYaw(fDeltaAngleY);
    else
    GetNtlGameCameraManager()->AddYaw(-fDeltaAngleY);

so i just modified it to the slightest:

Code
    if (!m_bRButtonDownFlag)
    {
    if (fSubAngleY > 0.0f)
    GetNtlGameCameraManager()->AddYaw(fDeltaAngleY);
    else
    GetNtlGameCameraManager()->AddYaw(-fDeltaAngleY);
    }

and this seems to have solved the issue at the very least. (the camera still returns to char back, similar to the left mouse button)

i dont know how serious this issue is, i just thought i would share this.

run the Visual Studio 2019 installer, let it install any updates if necessary, after its done updating you will see your installed version of VS along with 3 buttons.

click modify, then a window will open with 4 tabs at the top, go to the second tab (Individual components). type "mfc" in the search box, check those two:
    1. C++ MFC for latest v142 build tools (x86 & x64)

2. C++ MFC for latest v142 build tools with Spectre Mitigations (x86 & x64)

click modify, and when its done MFC should be installed in your VS.

PS: i think u may also need those im not really sure:
    C++ v14.24 MFC for v142 build tools (x86 & x64)

C++ v14.24 MFC for v142 build tools with Spectre Mitigations (x86 & x64)

i know but this game is about dragon ball and they try to be most same like the series and this is the super saiyan evolution like super saiyan 2 , 3 , 4 god and blue imagine one of them into the game it will be alot more fun and cool to play with.

they can upgrade the tranformation of majin/namek i think they probably can do something to give this game another Thrills.

i actually agree with this point, and am surprised everyone has forgotten about it, including myself. Everyone is treating this game just like any other mmorpg, while the focus should be towards the dragon ball world aspect. I totally understand why, i have had my share of people complaining in the forum already. however, many would be grateful if some effort is being directed to implementing this. be creative, dont just repeat the same mistakes over and expect it to work at some point.

look buddy, this is really nice and all, but it is not possible unfortunately. they cannot add new content to the game, at least not for now. any suggestions that are made on this forum by other players are about modifying/changing what already exists.

anything that was not in the original is not possible.

I understand ur new, good try though.

personally, how i set up my prices is that i go looking at how much someone have set up his item that is similar to what i want to sell, and then adjust my price accordingly.

you dont need to find an item that is identical to yours in the trading house in order to decide on its price, just look for something similar.

maybe something similar would be like, you have 14CON +8 on your level 40 armor, but someone is selling a 14SOL +8 level 40 armor, so u sell it for the same price. or just sell it for 9,999,999, it always works ;).

as for the stats needed for each class, well buddy im pretty sure you can find a guide at least out there done by experienced players that explains a bunch of things regarding a certain class.

the egg things ur talking about are sealed items people randomly get from the waggu machine in the cash shop along with some dogi property balls.

this is how it goes, u buy a waggu coin, u roll it into the waggu machine, BAM! u get something completely random.

you may have seen the "Info" section of the waggu machine where there are 10 items, each with its own rank. i would like to say that the items u get from the machine are not limited to these 10 items. so u will be getting a bunch of side crap.

i dont really know if there are other ways of getting them.

finally, i think that you are referring to the CCBD (Capsule Corp Battle Dungeon). it is a dungeon located south of west city. after completing certain stages of the dungeon you will get some coins that can be exchanged for big items in a vending machine near the dungeon entrance.

that is all i know, i hope that this was helpful at all :).

Alright let's take graphics out of this then. I haven't noticed the staff or Daneos himself putting any work into this game. Sure they announced a new client but that hype has already died down and by the time the client is released the game will be completely dead. Imagine If Daneos actually listemed to what the community wanted. The creators of Fortnite have been able to make so much money and keep the game fun because they listen to their community. Can you imagine how full DBOG would be if Daneos actually took into consideration anything the community/players say?

well I totally agree with this and many other points that have been made out on this thread. that is why i said i didnt want to talk more about the downsides, i know they exist, just dont have anything more to add.

plus i think that comparing fortnite to this game kinda backs up what i said :), well maybe i didnt specify the developers and community side of things.

yeah sure i agree that daneos should be giving a bit more of his effort to the game atm, but please consider that he already has given more than that in the past, he also did mention that he is a college student if i recall correctly, so im pretty sure he's got a lot of catching up to do other than this game.

and i really dont know why are u saying he does not listen to the community, then how has he been fixing all of these bugs in the game up until now? i do like to think that u meant something related to the game state, maybe class balancing, the famous upgrade system ive been reading about lately, grinding, grinding, wasting time on more grinding to farm items or level up, etc...

look, personally i am new to the forum, so i dont really know for how long "the community" have been arguing about this, wishing that one day daneos would listen to them.

im considering that daneos is doing this alone, he is a one man army, fortnite's team of developers is not.

wtf guys, did you seriously compare a 10+ year old game to a modern game?

xenoverse has new graphics and mechanics, of course it will beat this game. not to mention that it was actually created to work with every new console. well, this game was created using a rather good technology, except for the fact that the technology belonged to the year 2003!

it is just like what others have said, most of us play because of nostalgia, and the fact that it is an open world dragon ball mmorpg that you can immerse yourself in.

plus, this one was originally not released in English, so yet another reason.

the story of the game lies in the idea that you are visiting the dragon ball world piece by piece, and this is a really nice way of putting it. it is unique.

i think that everyone agrees to the fact that every single newly released game out there outshines this one, well no wonder, the game is more than a decade old ffs. i really do emphasize a lot on this point.

this game was revived from a dead one in the first place. so its a zombie 8o. i dont wanna talk more about its downsides, i think that people here have explained enough already.

*cough*plusitsbetterifyouhavefriends jk?(

i think that this game is really nice, it just needs a bit more care from the big guys, if that is ever possible.

the server is not full, it is currently offline because they are working on something, it will hopefully be available in a short while.

hello,
    i am having the same problem, and i noticed something regarding the problem,

so here is what i got,

at first, the channel was displayed to me in "full" status
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/3747/ClVwyS.png

and i kept on spamming the start button as usual just to check if someone got out so i can play, and after some moments i got this
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4057/TlWLLy.png

i assume that, for some reason, the client thinks that the channel is NOT full and attempts to connect us to it, but the channel is in fact full so we get the message mentioned in this thread.

this was my assumption and i hope that the problem will be fixed soon :D