Posts by Scrancher

Hi 0alda0! Very good point indeed. I recall reading that you wrote that earlier in this thread, and I fully agree. I am not sure about what could work, but I think that it could definitely be done along the lines of what you suggested.
    But one thing that could be tricky, is what the drop rates of the minimum level of mobs that could drop brown boxes should be. If lowered, then it is almost unfair for certain classes, but if higher, then most people would just farm those lower level mobs, which is also kind of unfair, but if let the same as, say, lvl 70 mobs, then for certain classes it would be unfair too. It's a delicate line I think. But doable in my opinion! :)

I'd just like for them to be a more common item in general. I think that it would benefit both paying and f2p players.

Examples:

- Random mob drops (although rare like Uwhites). Higher drop chances from super, ultra and boss mobs. (Unbound boxes).

- 1 x Gold Coin for 5 x Boxes. (Bound).

- X amount of tokens through that shop. (Bound).

- Direct purchase from the Cash Shop. (Bound)

- Slightly more common through the Wagu machine. (Unbounds).

- Possible reward from both CC, UD's, BID's and TMQ's. (Unbounds).

- (If ever reintroduced) possible loot from the random loot chests from mob drops, with keys purchased through the Token Shop. (Bound).

All in all, I think this would be a pretty good system. This will reward the f2p aspects with ways to acquire boxes, and not overinflate the economy with direct ways / purchases of getting those dreadful boxes. Yes, boxes could be used to per- or near perfect stat items for selling at overprices, but still.

Thanks for all the comments!

Getting a bit off-topic though, so let's get it back on track, shall we? ;)

First, I wanna state that I love everything Dragon Ball; and I truly enjoy and like to play this game a lot! If I didn't, I wouldn't even want to bother coming back after KR got shut down. With that out of the way:

I am simply concerned for the lifespan of this project, and indeed us, the players.. Can we not agree, that certain and many fixes, balancing and other important stuff is long overdue now? Promises that was made in the infant stages of this project years ago, which has yet to see the day of light?

It really troubles me still, that Daneos (although really awesome that he has revived this game!) chooses to still be a one-man ''development'' team; and a quite silent, stubborn and one that mainly chooses to fix, tweak and change things from his own personal list..
    To me, it just seems that he might intentionally choose to stay just him on the ''development'' side, and perhaps not fix or implement stuff as fast as we'd all like (and indeed perhaps even as fast as he could), for the sake of monetarily profiting even further from this project -- Just a slight example of how I see this: the outcry over the stupid brown boxes; would it not benefit most if not all players, if they were distributed much more openly, and from various ways, such as simple (although rare) mob drops? For me, the answer is a sounding YES! - on the opposite side of the spectrum, would it benefit Daneos' bottomless pockets, if the lame brown boxes was a guaranteed reward from even minimal cashing on the wagu machine, or if wagu cashing was not the sole and only (other than the insanely limited World Boss event box ''farming'' method) way to acquire (arguably, and sadly) the most important item in the entire game? Well, no, I'd say! This exact method of monetarily profiting through minimal effort is a nice marketing trick, sure, but if the ''development'' and updates of DBOG aren't at all progressing, or simply progressing with baby steps, then I see it as a cow milking project, and might just not survive, which is quite sad!

---

And yes, I know that server and website domain fees have to be paid, but truly, it cannot cost as much as this project is generating even on a daily basis, and especially not considering (I still strongly suspect and assume) every single dollar goes down into one person's pockets. Not to even mention, that there is no plans yet to even actually develop anything original and new to the game, which would be the one an true ''costly'' affair.

Yeah.

Just a simple ''Hi, I am currently working at [this] and [that]'' would go a long way. One would think that with all the money flowing through this project, a whole team of more than one person would be working hard on fixing all the game breaking bugs, or implementing the stuff hundreds of people have been wanting for years, or making the balancing that is long overdue.

But nope I guess.

/#Sad?Face

Hi GodOfDestruction, and thank you for your comment!

I agree with most of what you said, but I still feel like that with, what, 4 years of working time on this project, and this full month of open beta time, at least one major update would have been added by now. I guess everything has a start, yes, but I honestly see it as we're way past that at this point. I suppose we can only hope that more and better updates roll out.. I am skeptical, though.

This all wouldn't be so bad, if we could at least get some info on what Daneos is currently working on, a roadmap or just something. What we get (from what I see) is little-to-no updates, dead silence and a ever-flow of p2w features and fixes..
    I state my view (until shown otherwise), that Daneos gets hundreds of dollars almost uncut down his pockets from this private server each month, and I still ask the question: what have we got to see for it?

Hi everyone.

This thread will be simple. Do you guys think that Daneos can and will implement all new and ground-breaking stuff to DBOG?

[Disclaimer]: No, it is not my intention to point fingers. No, I am not intentionally nor directly trying to state anything. Yes, there might be similar threads to this. Yes, I haven't been playing POB at all, and thus haven't really followed the various changes closely.

But from what I have experienced, seen and so forth, the direction is--frankly speaking--of minimal effort for maximum gains; and heavily aimed at the cashers and p2w people in this community..
    From what I have seen so far, not any really and truly exciting implementations, tweaks, balancing and the like has been added at all. What I have seen however, is changes that, again, contribute to the real life money payment.

Bottom of line is, that as Daneos is the one single person on the development side, I would assume that all the payments flowing through this ''donation'' system goes almost uncut down his pockets. I am just concerned that it is a cow milking project, but I honestly hope (and think) that it isn't. What is your thought? :-)

P.S. keep the provokation, bashing and flaming out of this thread, thanks!

A great artisan deserves praise, so you are more than welcome! :)

Is one of your ideas perhaps either of the two dragon pets? Going to be interesting to see what you have in store for us all :D

It is my hope that Daneos will recruit and create a designated design team, if there is a way to implement mods and such into the core game. I think that you, Haricotto and Brad would be the ideal candidates for such a team, with each of your individual skills and touches.

Do you also plan to try and create all new and original DBO character models, npcs and the likes? I know you said that you didn't have any experience with modding and re-skinning prior do DBO, but with your great work, you seem like a fast and skilled learner. It is people like you, the two other great modders I mentioned (and perhaps even more in this community) that could be the spearhead for all new stuff to be added to this game.

Haha, Wong, yeah. Make the Great Nameks great again yo xD

Yeah I know, but was just an idea for an implementation. Self-Destruction Wave utilizes the gloves and not the sub weapon, so it could theoretically work for that skill.

Not Violent Slice, but Energy Siege. Forgot about Poko and Dende GN aoe skills, but yeah, would probably prove too OP and hard / impossible to implement anyway. I still like the thought though :p

The 1 free point to their transform-specific abilities (including Pure Majin) should definitely be made a reality!

Izlah Exactly my thought! By gaining the Great Namek transformation, 1 point in both Giant Ground Wave and Giant Ground Explosion should automatically and freely be gained.
    To add to that, I feel that 30 min of duration would be ideal, while the cooldown of 1 hour stays the same. Moreover, any self-cast buffs should be enabled during the transformation (including Dragon buffs), simply due to if you forgot to pre-apply them (or if they run out during the transformation).

In addition to the current usable transform-enabled skills: Mystic Attack and Draconic Taunt (base Warrior skills), I too would like for the Powerful Roar (DW) and Deception (SK) AoE aggro abilities to be able to be used.
    Lastly, I think it would be a great addition to add one of the currently existing (non-transform-only) skills to be used as Great Namek, and an AoE ability at that! I was thinking Energy Siege for DW's and Self-Destruction Wave for SK's.

^<-- That would make the Great Namek worth its namesake!

Hi oEffy

I'm really sorry I've been so long to reply back and to add the mod you have made for me! My gosh I LOVE it! 'Grim Lil' Saiba I call it' xD

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/1241/

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/1239/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/1240/

It's just as I had envisioned it. Thank you very much for your work and awesome result! :-):thumbup:

P.s. I hope the pictures are fine, for if you wanted to add them to your growing mod works collection.

Hi Crays

I recommend going mainly with focus on gloves and hit rate on the claws. As we are struggling with the hit rate at our core, sacrificing this for some higher critical damage isn't worth it yet, and especially not when we aren't a critical-based class either.