Posts by Tempest

Hi,

Thank you for posting your suggestion and input.

The DBO G Team have no intentions on developing an app for the forum.

If members want to use the forum on their phone then they can do so by using their phone internet browser. Most smart phones are perfectly capable of displaying and running the DBO G forum without any issues.

[errorbox]This thread will now be closed.[/errorbox]

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Staff

loool this is sooo not true. I have my own guild just for my accounts, so i can pull them easily. Do i have trouble maling friends or finding a party because i am not in a guild? No lol... you meet people everywhere you go, i talk through /w with them, am i choosing not to make any friends? No.

This argument of ‘you join a guild to make friends’ is not true, you make friends anywhere you go.

The primary function of the guild system was constructed and designed as a social system for players to use and interact with each other. Forming friendships can certainly be an outcome.

Hosting a guild solely just for your alt accounts isn't exactly described as a primary function that the majority of players use the system for, although it indeed can be used in that way (some players have "bank guilds" for example).

In the context of this thread, Rob is arguing that players are having difficulty forming friendships due to struggling to find players who speak their native language, in which case I'm saying that those players should look into:

• Joining active social guilds with players that speak their native language.
    • Participating in DBO G's discord (which is also for members who speak other languages)
    • Utilizing LFG/LGP chat

All three of the above are solutions to those players who are struggling to form friendships of their native language.

I didn't say in my post players without guilds can't make friends. The point that was made is that searching for a guild can indeed help those players who are experiencing difficulties. By actively not joining a guild (or attempting to form their own guild) these types of players are in no position to complain that they are struggling to form friendships, as they have not made an attempt to join an active guild (which can be a social system designed for players as previously stated).

1. There are players who prefer not to join guild

The guild system is designed for players to make friends and help keep in contact with others. If players don't want to join a guild, that is essentially them saying they are fine with running solo. They are choosing to not make friends.

2. There are players who join guilds that are not of their native language.

Again, this is their decision. If they want to join guilds where they can't understand players then that's on them, and they don't really have much of a right to complain that they are having difficulty in locating players who speak their language when they are purposely trying to avoid players who speak their language (by joining a guild where they can barley communicate).

3. LFG is not the same as stumbling across someone spontaneously and becoming their friend.

LFG and LFP chat is designed for players to search for players/groups. I've witnessed many players looking for groups who became friends from using that chat.

4. LFG was made to help players find groups in order to complete gameplay, it wasn't meant to be used as a source for making friends. Although it gets the job done, it is impractical.

Who is to say it wasn't meant to be used as a source to be used for making friends? Of course it is, anyone can make friends through LFG/LFP chat. It's used to find players who have a common interest through interacting with each other and friendships can spawn from that interaction.

Not to mention, there is DBO G discord, which has the main majority of languages (that the DBO G player base speaks) covered in all text/voice channels. If players want to seek out others who speak their native language then they can use the DBO G Discord as a resource. It's actually a lot easier now with the use of discord to remain in touch and make new friends.

Back in the days of DBO Taiwan it was a lot harder to find players who would speak your language in comparison to DBO G. But now because of discord, that is not the case.

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion however this will not be added in or implemented.

If you want to know what a class entails at end game (level 70) then it’s best to conduct your own research such as analysing past Dragon Ball Online Videos, experimenting with builds and also discussing with other players (either in-game, on the forums or on the official DBO G discord) about classes.

The DBO G Team do not offer character trials and are not looking to add in any such feature.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Team

Hi,

Guilds and LFG chat exist for a reason. If players want to play with others that speak their language, then it is advised they join a guild that speaks their respective language or try finding groups through LFG chat.

Every player is welcome on all channels and making a channel for exclusive languages could encourage division amongst players, which is not something that is ideal.

Hi,

Yes it is possible. You need to purchase a ‘name change book’ from the cash shop, after that you can immediately change your name by right clicking the item.

Please note:

• If the desired name you wish to change your character to is not available then the book will not be used up.
    • You only get one use out of the book so make sure to change your characters name very carefully (by checking the spelling of your name)
    • Normal name creation rules still apply: English alphabet, numbers only. No other symbols or letters from other languages will work.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Staff

Hi,

This thread will be closed due to the nature of these threads always starting up negative controversy.

It has been discussed on multiple occasions in the past and has been answered numerous times by DBO G Staff.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Staff

Hi,

It has been already stated and established by the DBO G Staff team on multiple occasions that the server after Pre Open Beta will be wiped, meaning that everyone will lose all character progression, and items etc.

By you playing Pre Open Beta it means that you accepted this from the start.

Please do not create threads on this subject because it’s already set in stone and locked in to happen.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Staff

Hi,

The current dragon ball system and the amount of dragon balls required to make a wish will not be changed and will never be changed.

It’s pretty obvious why 7 dragon balls are required, in terms of dragon ball lore.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Team

Hi NoValue,

The question marks (???) indicate that your scouter is broken and that it will need to be repaired. This can be done at any goods/ weapons merchant in any main town.

Regards,

Tempest

Krakken and Cell-X were originally added into the game so that it would be more fair for players who wish to have these legendary accessories but couldn't participate or win in dragon ball scramble. These types of items were never intended have any monetary value (through trades and the Auction House).

Legendary level 70 accessories that can be obtained in BIDs will remain bind on pick up, and should for the following reasons:

• Allowing legendary level 70 accessories be traded would mean a player wouldn't have to step foot into the dungeon, and could just purchase some of the most useful end-game accessories without participating in PVE.
    • Players were put in a situation where they were forced to accept since retail Dragon Ball Online that legendary level 70 accessories were bind only. The majority of the player base never had a problem with the gear being binded.
    • In retail DBO, the players who had a range of accessories, (including the level 70 legendary items) were the players who dedicated and spent time to building their character. If these accessories were to be unbinded and traded, then it would mean that a player wouldn't have to invest much time into building their character, which would pose as being unfair. This is actually was an element in what separated the experienced and geared players from the inexperienced and non-geared players.
    • It would deter players from participating in Dragon Ball Scramble, and the wishes would need to be reworked. If legendary level 70 necklace and earrings could be traded from BIDs (such as Krakken and Cell-X) then what would be the point in players participating in Dragon Ball Scramble? The majority of players who participate in Dragon Ball Scramble wish for the Necklace/Earring. No one would bother with the event unless the rewards were to be changed.

As Daneos mentioned in his post above, the BID's are considered to be short and easy instances, so there is no reason as to why all classes can't participate if they want too.

As you've said in your post, the skill doesn't really have much of a use when you are on your own as you are immobilized. The only use the skill has in those situations, is to help manage and maintain cooldowns (similar to a cranes freeze skill).

Playful doll is used primarily in a party environment, for mainly group PVP situations (such as party budokai), as the skill is an AOE confuse skill that will confuse every other player you are against (and is used for it's long duration).

The Moderator Staff have decided it is best to close this thread, for the following reasons:

• The subjective nature (as Box-head(boxbox) pointed out) - Everyone has a different opinion as to who they admire, or who helped them throughout their Dragon Ball Online experiences/journey, however the original post in this thread was only one players version of events.
    • Players are going to be making comparisons between accomplishments made between retail Dragon Ball Online and Dragon Ball Online Global when both are two versions based in two different eras. For example, in the original post made by Sirab 80% of those players mentioned on that list played KR/TW and only shined back in 38/55/60 cap. They did not level, or barley partake in Dragon Ball Online retail when 70 cap was released, and many of them actually did quit (and only made minor appearances due to losing interest in Dragon Ball Online). So it is important to specify what version and what cap these players did excel in.
    • "X Player is the best of his class" - These types of comments obviously are going to rile up some members, especially those who are competitive. Usually these comments lead to flaming which always results in threads being locked/closed.
    • This thread only really applies to veteran members who were around and remembers those players at the time. New members won't really know or understand the significance of this thread.

For now, the DBO G Moderator team will decided what to do with these types of threads, and will discuss internally if they should be allowed, or if they are even appropriate for the forum.

If anyone has any concerns about the outcome of this thread feel free to message myself or any other Moderator/Game Master.

[errorbox]This thread is now closed until further notice.[/errorbox]

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Team

Hello, I downloaded this game yesterday, and I noticed that this game missing a feature which I am sure was available like 5 years ago in dbo.. I'm pretty sure in the past you could've turn on a scouter scanning feature with a button that scans the monsters power levels and it looked like green screen with squares or something like that. So in this game this feature is unavailable? It was one of my most favourites features in the game, saddens me a lot if this feature is not in this game as well. :(

So basically my question is about if that features is available and I just don't know how to use it, or if it's not available unfortunately :(

What you mentioned in your post was the old scouter system, which was removed prior to the retail version of Dragon Ball Online closing down back in 2013. The developers (NTL) updated the scouter system, and removed completely the old scouter interface.

Now, scouters exist as just a cosmetic item with the features of:

• Scanning gear/equipment on players
    • Information on players and monsters (Power level, level, health, Energy, attributes, distance, hitrate and dodgerate)
    • Dragon Ball Radar (to help find dragonballs during dragon ball hunt event
    • Name of monsters

Before the old scouter system would include players to be able to obtain bonus stats (with scouter chips).

NTL changed and revamped the system after the introduction of the level 70 cap, and unfortunately even though many players did like the old scouter interface, it was unnecessary and was removed for balancing purposes.

It’s believed that NTL originally designed the system so players purposely don’t have their own personal zenni bank as a way to cap zenni, for economic reasons.

For now the only alternative that is suggested, is to do what players conducted back retail Dragon Ball Online which is if you want to store zeni in the bank then it’s best to create your own private guild.

This way you can use it as your own personal storage (as long as you do not recruit any players into the guild) for both in-game items and zeni.

Hi Helero,

Thank you for submitting your suggestion.

After discussion with the team, this idea will not be implemented for the following reasons:

• Dojos were always intended as end-game content, and for end-game content players/ guilds. Making one dojo available for one level 29 guild means that dojos won't be considered end-game content anymore. Dragon Ball Online as it stands barley has end-game content as it is.
    • There are a limited amount of dojos already available, and reducing that number to 6 certainly isn't a solution and is unfair on end-game content guilds.
    • Guild's aren't limited to a level limit. It would be unfair to have a level 29 guild compete for a dojo and then later recruit a player that is level 30 +. Players above level 30 will still be able to enter inside,
    • There would have to be multiple level 29 guilds to exist, which can reach the 30 x 30 player limit for dojo wars
    • There would barley be any competition between guilds as most players don't take or treat level 29 guilds seriously.
    • Players who are other levels, for example a level 45 might request to have their own "exclusive dojo"

Players who are level 29 should already be grateful and satisfied that there is kid budokai which is a dedicated event which is specifically designed for those players to participate in.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Support Team

The basic concept of what you described is essentially the CC dungeon, which was made by the developers of a close to never ending dungeon (in terms of end game content).

CC dungeon only came to an end (Floor 150) due to the development of retail Dragon Ball Online coming to a halt. It was speculated that more floors were going to be added for level 80 cap, although that never came to be.

It shouldn't matter if this update predominantly affects shadow knights and cranes, it was mainly targeted at all DoT skills in general, and they aren't the only two classes that contain DoT skills. This was a general update that was for intended for all classes with all abilities with DoT skills, and was made to prevent players from dying outside of platform.

Logically, a player should only take damage when they are in combat mode. When a player leaves the PVP platform (arena), they should exit combat mode which should disable all abilities in relation to combat including DoTs.

A player can still die in platform and to DoT skills as long as they are in platform.

Back in DBO retail there was also death debuff which was removed, it was pretty frustrating and punishing to all players who died outside of platform only to receive that debuff.

The point of my post is this whole situation is subjective. The only bug that occurs is the visual bug which is the client and server registering two different locations which is why the teleporting seems to appear. You then go on to say for it to be like Taiwan however that is a balancing type of suggestion. The point of myself bringing up chefs/plasmas/Dark warriors is because you were the one who originally brought up the word "meta" (which is a term that only belongs to balance discussion).

I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, all I'm pointing out is for you to consider other classes before relating a visual bug to a balancing aspect of the game.

You should be content with the answer and response that Daneos gave you originally instead of trying to rile up a commotion trying to spark up controversy on a subject that is a visual bug but is also a borderline balance type of discussion. The way you structured your original post was demeaning towards the team and all the effort and hardwork that is put in every day/week on restoring and improving the game.

Anyway, as Daneos pointed out in his post earlier the team is not going to bother at this stage to attempt at solving this visual dilemma. There is no need for further discussion on the topic, and for now you are forced to just accept the situation.

[errorbox]This thread will now be locked.[/errorbox]