Posts by ExaltedGeico

no one is saying that karma doesnt need skill lock what we are saying is it needs a nerf. icemens idea is by far the best suggestion put forward to fix this problem.

A simple combo is mobility seal use (instant rp ball skill) kd and 45m stun kd ez pz. also dont forget you can stack your stuns so petrify or confusion is great to get an rp ball charge. If you time it right like some top budokai karmas you will always win.

Are you sure NO ONE is saying Karma doesn't need skill lock? I'm quite certain Alda at the end stated that Karma Majin doesn't need it to be "op". Read his post. As for your "simple combo" Shout's usable 2 to 3x tops, but that's all there is to it. Petrify is only good for stalling, it won't win you the match; You can argue that it's an important move because if your opponent switches gears you can stop the cast and use confu/if they keep anti confu you cast antri petri(It's a matter of mind games really). However if they still have their senzu bean, it's all for naught. I strongly disagree with Iceman's change, unless the balance team manages to fine-tune his idea efficiently it'll just kill Karma. And like I said before, if they fine-tune it, then they might as well not have not made any changes.

Candy is a good player and a good representative of the Karma. However in that fight "DOUBTS" a lot and does not have enough Focus on his gear either.

at 2:57 min you can see that, with his focus buff reaches 1925 hit. Which is too little to fight against a SM or a fighter. Currently a Karma very well equipped to peel against a martial artist can get to have 240 to 250 of Focus in all his equipment (without considering his Buff). So it would be basically impossible for him to fail his Skills to any fighter that fights against it.

Lemme start off with I wasn't referring to any of the videos Sendoku posted on his channel. I also strongly disagree that Candy is a good representation of Karma Majins, at the very least he showcases basic knowledge concerning the class. However he hasn't managed to do anything since PoB when Karma Majin was in it's prime. The information I relayed about Sendoku having a high win rate against Karmas was based off of Horrid's own experience of fighting Sendoku's SM during OB, and the results of the budokai matches. I also don't see how Focus holds any relevance against a Prop/CD/Con Swordsmen, having more hit rate isn't going to decrease the chance of blocking your opponent's attacks with Scintilation. The strategy swordsmen use against Karma is simple really: Instead of charging at them like a jack ass, they dash to the edge of the arena and use Scint. Once they've got all their buffs up(including their speed ones), there's virtually nothing a Karma Majin can do to beat them(If they bothered to get anti confusion).

The problem with this is the "hesitation" of the karma. The duration and the excess of CC that this class possesses makes it unnecessary for them to have this skill. All the classes have some CC in their skills, (some more than others). but everyone has vulnerabilities and can fight against the CC they have.

there are also other classes like martial artists that have a CC that can not be reduced, but its duration is very short.

You can't be seriously stating that Karma doesn't need Skill lock, do you know what SKs do to Plasma Majins? Aside from the fact that Wonder Majins damage is mediocre without skill lock they wouldn't be able to keep their enemy stunned long enough to kill them, but without skill lock SK will completely and utterly obliterate Karma the same way they delete Plasmas.

4:40 Just to give you an idea of what SKs who know how to counter Wonders would do to a Karma without skill lock.

Despite the fact stuns can't be countered with accessory, or really any skill aside from possibly Plasma's immunity buff. Their duration is mediocre and after a couple of uses they're rendered nearly useless.

By the time the fight ended against the SK Jimmy fought, he had resorted to using only perfectly timed Knock down in order to keep his opponent down long enough to win.

Listen, I understand why you think Karma Majin is op, but once you start delving into budokai tier fights you'll find out they're not nearly as impressive as you might think. For example a DW(arguably one of the worst classes in the entire game) recently obliterated what DBOG calls "top-tier" Karma Majins, both Coringa(2-0) and Horrid(2-1) lost. Back when Sendoku played SM he'd beat Karmas left and right with little to no difficulty due to how well SM counters Karma Majin. As if recently the only CC that works on Ultimate Majins is Skill lock, for whatever reason confusion resist% bypasses focus, or at least that's what I've heard.

In terms of KD, it doesn't do Karma Majins any good if they don't have skill lock to accompany it. I've had a Karma I know test out my cancerous KD out strat in Budokai for me, unfortunately it yielded poor results as for whatever reason the SK kept bugging back into the arena. Regardless if you think Hesitation should be tweaked or not, it's a fact at this point that Karma is nothing without it in high tier pvp. No Skill lock= Ultimate, Shadow, Dark Warrior, Grand Chefs, and possibly more classes will be able to win against them with relative ease if they have the right equipment.

skill lock is the only problem with karma duration is just too long. icemans idea from what I see is the most fairest idea towards a nerf that doesnt kill the karma class. make it like turtle disk skill lock and it wont be too broken.

karma doesn't need a single buff mate. they fine minus skill lock duration needs to change as many people point it out.

I don't care if you don't think Karma Majin needs a buff, I don't recall ever stating that they do need a buff.

Skill Lock is the only thing Karma has going for it that wouldn't completely kill it in PvP, there's a huge reason why no one plays Plasma Majin outside of Party budokai. But at least then they're viable in party budokai, ruin skill lock and you kill Karma. Unless there's something I don't know about Iceman's change, I don't believe it's the most efficient way of going about balancing Karma Majin. If the balance team takes Iceman's idea and fine-tune it into something that'd still be usable for Karma, then by all means go ahead. But I can nearly guarantee you that if they try to fine-stun skill lock in a way that doesn't kill Karma Majin there won't be much changes made to the skill itself.

why i dont like that 45m stun of karmas is, that it eat stuns, dots, damage. and no swordsman cant stun karma first lol maybe if u play flash slash perfectly

Yes they can, it's just that almost every single swordsmen in DBOG has literally no idea what they're doing. Trust me, I wouldn't be claiming that SM can get the first stun on Karma if they couldn't, ask any skilled SM/Karma(If you know any in the first place). Swordsmen is a class tailored to the highly advanced players of DBO, yet almost everyone I've known who's played SM had it as their first class(myself included). It's no wonder so many of them struggle to yield any results in PvP.

I never stated that Karma needs to be buffed, I was merely replying to what JT telling that there isn't a single person who's trying to get Karma buffed on the Forum. On the other side of the coin there are hordes of people spamming Forum in an attempt to nerf Karma Majin. Turns out that I misunderstood what he was trying to say, I confused him talking bout their anti-bleed buff as him stating that "Karmas still want to be buffed".

I don't see anyone asking Karma to be buffed. All I see are pages upon pages of players like you, spamming that it should be nerfed. Karma is one of the few classes in the entire game that haven't gotten a single buff.

Yes its closer to balance compared to leaving it anywhere above 7 seconds. you can load up on rp balls with instant rp skill and spam attacks. You can stack stuns, confusion, petrify, paralze kds with skill lock. 7 seconds is plenty of time with the current cd. You have instant stun with a cd of 18 seconds with cd gear its 9 seconds at 70. You have insane energy def with you passive buff. so u can nullify sk attacks, you guaranteed to land the first hit on all sks and ultimates. grab instant kd and spam ez pz. Problem is i doubt you are using full e-def and prop on sk. if you did there damage would be laughable against you.

It really isn't nearly enough of time, assuming you combine that 7 seconds with 9 second duration increase RP, you've got 16 seconds worth of skill lock(if you go full CD you'd still have 30s CD). Even if you combine that with your other CCs it isn't good enough to last 2 minutes, even with the current function of CCs as Karma you can't last the entire 3 minutes in budokai. You're overestimating Karma's defense, they can't tank very well against SK, or the very least not well enough. Unless you're a healer the only classes capable of tanking constant damage from any class would be Warriors, and Mighty Majins. And trust me, if you go full DPS as Karma you can kill SKs forcing them to wear props.

I think changing duration of skill lock to only last 7 seconds would help balance out karma. they can skill spam stuns instant kd at the cost of 300lp. seems like a no brainer. they have long duration confusion and petrify which requires everyone to stack anti confusion and anti petrify just to not get locked in.

honestly ntl didnt know what the hell they were doing introducing hesitation like they did.

Huh? If Skill lock lasts only 7 seconds it won't be usable, period. Of course Karma still has KD, but there's a limit to KDs. If you make a single mistake SKs will annihilate you, or if the game freezes for longer than 3 seconds. And that's not including Fighters/SM who can wear dex for dodge and anti confusion set up. Once they dodge your KD you're done for if skill lock is rendered useless. They don't have to switch to Anti-petrify, just as long as they can survive long enough to make you use skill lock.

Want to balance Karma? Try again, nerfing skill lock to 7 seconds isn't balance, that's killing off Skill lock. No skill lock= SK, and Ultimate slap Karma with no difficulty.

karmas 45m stun needs cast time just like sk 45m stun so humans would have a chance to not get into infinite stun lock

If by humans you're excluding SM, and arguably Fighter then sure shout overwhelms them. However I disagree that Shout should be nerfed because it'd kill off any chance Karma has in winning against a lot of classes. They wouldn't stand much of a chance against SK, or any Human class. Once they wear full anti confusion the Karma has no other way of countering their opponent from a long distance without getting close and being CC'ed. There was a time period in which shout was rendered useless due to the CC's delay, and that killed off the majority of Karmas. Any other suggestions/reasons for why certain Karma skills need cast time? I think the damage balance made Karma more "reasonable". In a 1v1 situation unless the Karma is god-tier, a legend among legends, they're not going to get the first stun on good SM.

For the ones who believe Karma needs cast time, I want to hear your opinions on why they need it. If you believe it's because they're overpowered go into detailed on how that'd make them balanced, and just how much of an effect it'd have on Karma PvP against all classes. If your reasoning is that there are specific classes that need help beating Karma, go into detail of how it'd help them stand a better chance.

Now for Burn Defense, Since Ultimate's seem to be the most talked about class here im going to assume its vs Ultmates. Burn Defense is a strong stat for sure but for people to act like this makes them unbeatable that is far from the case. When it comes to % reduction same goes for Attacks too. What i mean by this is even if the Target is full burn defense as a Crane you will then use DMG RP Bonus this will ignore the burn defense and apply a strong burn you can see a demonstration vs Cashalot back in POB

Oh, alright. I wasn't aware that power RP bypasses defense, I guess at the very least Crane has that against tank classes that use it against them. And no I wasn't talking about Crane vs Ulti specifically. But even so, the burn was weakened significantly in comparison to the normal 400/500ish that it does without power rp. But at the very least Crane can deal damage, so I'm not bothered about it nearly as much. But considering how much Crane relies on RP in comparison to Turtle, maybe they need some sort of buff? For example a RP regen buff similar to the one MAs have. Regardless of whether or not power RP can bypass burn defense, they still need RP to do any damage in the first place. If you disagree, it is what it is, I suppose.

There are ways to fight them. Instead of fighting braindead use your brain and you can think to yourself i need to deal damage without him removing my Glaring Slash so you can do such things as KD - Glaring CD RP - Multiple Sword Slashes whilst he on the floor. When using Glaring Slash with CD RP it makes it so that you can keep the debuff applied and if he resist fire it on again when CD back up. (this is not directed at you personally just in General)

I'm aware it wasn't directed at me, if anything you were supporting what I said. My claim was that most of the time Ultimate Majin doesn't have to use their brain to kill SM, because most Swordsmen don't know how to counter Ultimate Majin. Focus/CD so you can knock them out of the arena is the best way to fight Ultimate, no need to bother trying to kill them. As a Martial Artist if you try to kill a Ultimate Majin in DBOG you'd get yourself killed.

Unless you're trying to reform the game entirely, then your suggestions don't work. Daneos has to work with what he has right now, cloning quests/mobs for 80 cap, changing damage formulas, etc. You're trying to make an entirely different game altogether, which I find to be very, very unrealistic. Pull isn't nearly as brain dead you might think it is, what's brain dead is farming in the outside world. If you tried pulling a skilled player for the very first time it's not going to work in your favor, but when you first get to a farming place it doesn't take long at all to find the most efficient way to farm. I don't know where you're getting these 30k crits, but that's definitely not DBOG. No one crits for 30k anymore, unless a plus 15 player is hitting someone with plus 0.

Realistically you've got 2 options:

A) Nerf the classes to fit your definition of "skilled", aka change a portion of the game entirely

B) Buff certain classes, and try to make it work. Obviously there are going to be issues, but it's doable in comparison to the first option.

Every class should be in the tier level of a Plasma until you guys realize this there will never be balance.

I disagree, nerfs aren't the only way to balance. It's possible to balance a game without having it meet the requirement of your definition of this arbitrary concept you call "skill". I highly advise you to google the definition of skill, many of the top players show attributes having this concept despite the fact they don't fit your definition of it. Actually don't worry about it, I googled it for you. "the ability to do something well; expertise."

I'd say just about anyone who wins budokai is "skilled" if you're capable of pulling off a win with Arm KD, that's a form of skill. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, ping isn't the only thing you need to make it work within a couple of seconds. Karma's considered to be one of the skill-less classes in the entire game, yet Flundaa/Horrid are the only ones getting anywhere in budokai. It's the same thing with Shadow Knight, it's always the same SKs winning budokai. When I was a SK with plus 7-9, I managed to defeat a plus 13-14 SK; well that's because they were a noob. That's exactly my point, they lacked the expertise in playing the class; which led to their inevitable demise.

Skedar goes to great lenghts to prove that Ulti isn't the strongest class in the game. I'm not going to believe anything he does or says about the class considering I've played it myself with+15 armor and I can easily tell you It was unbeatable. I won solo budokai that day against some of the best/strongest players and they could barely do anything to scrape me. That was when resist was still broken but in the end Ulti is still the most powerful class. You don't need op damage to win so if that's Skedars only argument then he's just being an idiot.

Yeah, I understand to a degree of what you're talking about. He goes to great lengths to lowball Ultimate Majin as much as possible without stepping out of the boundaries of the truth, which I don't find appealing either. I think Ultimate Majin in Pre-Open Beta was ridiculously powerful, thankfully since then they've toned down the resistance crap.

I reckon one of the reasons why Ultimate Majin used to be so powerful was because at that time, it was the only like to not have gotten any form of nerf in comparison to it's retail counterpart. Swordsmen/Turtle had lost virtually all their damage, and Ultimate Majin was pretty much the same as it was back then. But since the resist% nerf, they're "alright". At least until someone suggests a nerf that gets things done.

If you think Ulti is alright then you haven't fought one that has CC90 Armor both PDEF and EDEF sets. +10 is already really tanky but imagine a +15 like Skedar

The reason why I think Ultimate Majin for now is "alright" is because no one has suggested any reasonable/efficient changes to Ultimate Majin. Keywords reasonable/efficient: Nerfing props won't do anything for non-human classes(because Ultis like Skedar use dex/resist). That's just the community trying to find any way possible to nerf Ultimate Majin, it's as stupid as the life steal switch from physical to energy; it accomplishes almost nothing. The best you can do is try to buff some of the weaker classes in a way that makes them a viable choice in PvP. Nerfing resistance won't do much either for any class against Ultimate Majin except for Shadow Knight/Dark Warriors because they're the only ones who struggle to lands CCs on Ultimates with dex armor. The other classes such as Turtle/Crane/Karma can land their shenanigans; Skedar's resistance test video is enough evidence for that.

ultimate fights a dende ultimate doesnt have a prayer. Ultimate fights crane, utimate has little chance of winning, ultimate fights a swordsmen who know what he is doing ulti gets rekted.

Look, I agree with your premise that Ultimate Majin is fine where it is. However I disagree with your notion that if the Ulti doesn't know what they're doing will get rekt by SM. You can literally spam random attacks/spam heal, and you'd annihilate the SM. Most Swordsmen can't do anything against SM. Now if they were to go full focus and CD they'd stand a solid chance against the Ulti, but usually the ones with the wallet to afford the equipment don't come up with those kinds of strategies.

I also disagree that Ultimate Majins have a little chance at winning, they have a far better chance beating a Crane than beating a Turtle Hermit. Since defense is irrelevant against Cranes, any Ultimate Majin can craft plus 0 con or dex set to use against Crane hermits even if you're broke. And if the Ultimate Majin has a big enough wallet, in theory they can wear anti confu/bleed with burn defense armor. Just like that you've reduced their damage to nothing, and paralysis can be removed instantly. The only threat is slow/KD/Hypnosis, which is an easily counter-able tactic. If anything it's the Crane Hermit that doesn't stand a good chance against Ultimates, and they're the ones who need to know what they're doing. Although a Ultimate Majin can't kill the Crane, if it's ranked they can more than likely last more than long enough to have a chance at winning dice(even against good Cranes).

Personally I think Ultimate Majin is alright, and Karma Majin is the one that needs to change. The cast time shenanigans on Karma's CC I think is ridiculous as it doesn't help the classes that do need help against Karma Majin, all it does is further empower tanks vs Karma. If I were to change Karma, I'd nerf the damage significantly so they don't kill humans instantly.

Pros: It doesn't kill Karma Majin, and it gives humans a chance to fight against them

Cons: Daneos might not be capable of nerfing KM without killing SM.

As for the other shenanigans, I'd remove the buffer-in-party-for-buff requirement so other classes have a better chance at being invited into speed parties. I really doubt it will have a negative effect on Grand/Ultimate Majin because of their favorable damage, and unless you're using really high floor tickets you're going to need the rebuffs.

Pros: It doesn't take the viability of Mighty Majins from them while giving the other classes a chance.

Cons: They're going to need tickets so they can get to whatever floor they want to get to before the buffs run out. Cashalot Thoughts?

After the Mystic attack change, I think Life steal should be changed to make up for the nerf they got. This would give them a better chance at winning dice against non-humans if their life steal lands and doesn't get removed instantly.

Burn defense should be nerfed/possibly even removed from the game, right now I think it's wayyy too powerful. Maximum burn defense can reduce Crane's only way of dealing damage to a mere 2 damage per second. Some claim the reason why Burn defense is a thing is to because all DoTs require a counter. In which to my reply, why isn't there accessory to counter Life steal? And if Crane can't deal damage then there's no appeal to the class. If you wanted to win via KD and resist, you could literally just play Karma Majin. Karma Majin's resist buff is superior to Crane's, Karma's dex passive is superior to Crane's, on top of all that they can KD/deal damage. Turtle Hermit has the potential to resist, and win via KD/slow. On top of all that they can deal damage, same can be said about Swordsmen. I personally think it's very unfair that Crane is the only class in the entire game where people claim it's "fine" despite the fact it's arguably one of the weakest in 1v1. Well it's hard to counter all their CCs, and DPS. Well I disagree, Crane Hermit is the only class where you can almost entirely nullify their damage, if you're a tank their other attacks are of no concern. Syren Do you agree or disagree?

A Full Dex Grand Chef can get over 2.5k resist. Dex earrings, dex armor, resist neck/buffs, dex ring/1.56x resist ring, + resist dogi ball and dex dogi ball. But tbh the resist dogi probably isn't worth it, you'd still have 2.5k resist as dex Chef.

i stopped reading here ??

You're being ridiculous, a Grand Chef with a solid sub weapon, and max movement speed does a lot more total damage with their candy ball than a Ultimate Majin will do with their flaming shower. Why? Because it lasts 2-3x longer than Flaming shower.

Spin/Candy is the equivalent of an AoE thunder, it does great AoE damage, and it's viable against bosses.

Increase or double TMQ/UD/CC`Bosses HP DEFF Attack Attack Speed and make the party can hold 6 members instead of 5. That way other classes will have a chance to join. Or Decrease bosses`HP and dodge rate and make all speed buffs Self only so that crit parties will be able to do cc instead of speed . Also make kaioken give 20% speed again just like retail , that way poko and karma can still use speed for cc but only for themselves and not all party .

The motive behind the reason why you think the party member limit should be 6 people is good and all. But you have to think that through, what would the 6 member parties look like most of the time? Naturally, you'd have Karma/Dende/Poko taking up half the slot, then you'd have a Ulti as buffer. Now you've got 2 more spots, well one of those is more than likely going to be taken by a Grand Chef for their DPS, and buffs. With 2 Mighty Majins there's no need for a Turtle Hermit, thus you can take a Shadow Knight with you. That way both Mighty Majins can use their spins as they wish without worrying about losing aggro since the SK will tank.

My suggestion is to remove the buffer in party for buff requirement, that way other classes can join. Even if Daneos were to remove that requirement Chefs/Ultimates would still be high in-demand. Aside from their viable spins/rebuffs the game's community has shifted their strat to accompany Mighty Majins, we've already tasted the power of MM's. So the likelihood of getting rid of MM's from speed party isn't likely, but you'd at least be able to take other classes with you(SM, Fighter, Plasma, etc).