Posts by JDeezNutz

you must finish all quest at all watch towers not online that flower, herbs collection thing xD

you finished i thing 3 out of 3 at first watch tower

but there are two more watch tower with quest from some npcs

I'm not sure where to go because the mission is directing me to Kefu and no where else :/

Hey,

So I have just leveled from kid to adult and finally went to finish off the fly quest. I completed the last 3 missions with Kefu and am unable to retrieve the fly ability. i have canceled the mission and reactivated and now kefu will not even open a dialogue chat, instead I just get '..' - really confused to whats happened and if there is even a solution for this :/

ffs.png

I have downloaded a lot of pak extractors but they say the pak is not valid and :( Any chance you can do it? xD I'm not that good with computer stuff -.-

The .pak file might be locked and if so you will not be able to get any select file without the admin (Most official gaming companies leave their files unlocked which is how people can use xy&z and start their own projects etc, then typically the third party creator locks the files blah blah) - not something i do i'm afraid bud, i mainly work with custom modeling and porting to games, like gta for example; I just know the process of accessing files within files :)

sadly dude danose is a coder not a developer he can't really add some that wasn't in the game before but you never know since fran fran desert soust map is mad it just doesn't have mobs or mpc to do anything there

Daneos, as a coder, can add anything in to the game. It's as simple as adding a few lines of code supporting whatever feature etc etc.

But it gets a lot more in-depth and complicated than that.

Say adding SSJ 2,, sure it can be done but you would need someone to make the model, textures, rigging etc etc

Daneos would also have to code how SSJ2 would act

I.E under certain effect? A certain time of day? A certain powerlevel? Cool off time? How to achieve? Etc

...of course, written in the language of c++ or whatever.

It's simple to do but can be VERY time consuming.. & a case of trial and error.

Adding something like a new area to the game is pretty simple too.. again, you'd need someone to make the map, textures, collisions etc but it's just a case of adding code to the game to read the 'new feature'

Then Daneos would have the joy of populating the area, making new quests etc.

Some things people need to remember,, being able to play the game and use its features are thanks to code. Being able to make a character, code, being able to level up, code.

To say Daneos can't add code anything new to the game is utter horse crap.

However, adding new content does rely on a few areas, Daneos coding knowledge, game engine, servers etc.

If 'not being able to add new content' came from Daneos personally, I'd bet he said that to avoid explaining the work involved and time & effort needed to pull it off.

I would "Trust in the team." if it wasn't for a certain GM thinking that this is a 'clever' idea.

I'm all for it personally, the upgrading system is tedious enough without having to worry about your gear resetting, in fact this is one area of the game that drives people mad and even caused people to stop playing - they have implemented a good and fair change here.

speaking from someone who has terrible luck in this game, leave it how it is.

If you are fortunate enough to have luck on your side in DBOG, stop complaining and just play the game, this change was to give everybody a decent chance.

Too many whiney people here who struggle to be grateful enough to actually play a revived game.

Trust in the team.

There are reasons behind the madness.

That's just the clamour of people with busy schedules wishing to stay up to par with the hardcore player

Hmm, I get it but surely that's taking away the 'fun' of playing the game? People might as well be saying things like 'Give me an exp boost to lvl 50' or 'reduce SSJ required lvl'?
    Last I checked the game was meant for everyone not favoring a select group of people.

Thanks for the reply anyways - the only logical response in the thread.

Agree we don't need everyone +15 an 1xxxx + Zeni. Take the time fix problems before they become real problems an we need another reset. The Zeni fix plus ban wave was a great start to show us this game is on the right track

Are any of you actually reading my opening post? ..

That is exactly my point,, if the lvl 60 patch with new content etc is out of beta testing and ready for release, why would people want to delay that??

Hey.

So I'm a tad bit confused seeing a fair few people say

'55 should last 5 months'

'cap should last 3 months'

'7 months until 60 cap' and yarda yarda.

From my understanding Daneos & team are working/ fixing the game to be fully playable and bug free to the best of their abilities and even possibly add new content later down the road.

Why would they delay releasing lvl 60/70 along with all the fixes and content..? :/

After all this is Open Beta with full release due when the lvl 60 update drops.

There genuinely isn't any decent explanation on doing so so why are people asking/demanding this?

Am I missing something here?

I would just like to say a huge thank you to Daneos & the DBOG team - without your hard work this game would of ended years ago.

I would also like to bring to attention the maturity within the community. I'm not sure about many of the guys here but I'm hitting 30 in a couple of months - a DB fan since school days (would like to think I'm not the oldest here :p).

I apologise in advance if I offend anyone but all I see here are whiney lil brats expecting this game to be made for them.. do you people not understand the complications of keeping a game alive let alone adjusting & updating the original game code?

As a modder for some games and some-what intermediate understanding of what's required, I do.

Cut the team some slack.

The reality here is there is nothing stopping the team packing their sh*t up and setting sail.. have seen MANY projects over the years do this when they feel their work is unappreciated or haven't won over the fans.

End of the day, it's a lot easier to say f*ck it and move on.. you guys want that?

Now I do sympathise with some issues people have on here, as well as agree that certain factors of the game need to be adjusted.. there's a right way and a wrong way to discuss it..

I haven't been following the DBOG community for long but what I see here is toxic.

Though I'm not posting for a discussion but more a praise to the right people and a back hand to the not, my post isn't aimed at everyone.

It honestly disappoints me seeing so much hate and self proclaimed attitude on here.

You don't like what the team are doing with the game, easy - control panel, uninstall programs - BDOG!

In case my message is unclear - thank you team for the time and effort (and patience) you have spent with this project.

Has the drop rate been adjust from the original game?

If not then I would just like to point out, I haven't really seen anyone say previously (not that I've seen), I read people complaining about drop rates, not enough DB Hunt hours, more days etc.. I honestly believe if the drop rate hasn't change then this is an unfair system.. why? because before you had a chance daily to obtain DBs thus with the current % in drops etc it made sense.. only having 1 day with 2x 2 hour slots well, self explanatory.

I know some people have been fortunate but this 'luck' system really doesn't make sense - i'm assuming it's going off a roll dice method?

Not hear to rant & rave but just to get a bit more info on this topic and personally, has pissed me off at times.

Also, people stealing DBs and swooping down being a knob, you really are ruining the the online community.

That's pretty bizarre.. for me certain servers worked fine and some didn't.. but would change by the next day, say channel4 worked fine today, tomorrow it wouldn't :/

hmm, regarding being with certain characters: my guess is 'something' happens while using this character, whether bugging out while speaking to an npc, server crash, game crash etc - a file gets modified/corrupted during one of these unplanned events which causes the audio issues.

What file I have no idea, the team would have a better understanding about this with having access to the script/code.

Glad this fix worked for you man, reinstalled about 4 times myself,, is a bit of a pain - make sure to keep the install file!

Weirdly though I never suffered this annoying bug during previous betas..

I am 99.9% sure this is an issue within the script it self - a conflict? Bad coding? Whatever it is I hope the team can solve it.

Being a 'common' issue and not a one off should make it a bit easier to find and fix.. I hope!

Urge people having this issue to give my temp solution a go!

i have this problem only in 1 character,other audio is perfect...

Well it's def an issue with some of the game files and my experience with this, I found it would depend on which channel I was joining - some worked, some didn't.

Only way I got it to work was to delete everything off my pc relating to Dragonball online, registry's and what not so when I came to install again, it's like the first time it's ever been installed, brand spanking new and fresh, no old files yarda yarda.

This shows its an issue within the game.

If all other audio is fine for yourself apart from one character, i would probably bet it's an audio setting 'on that character' that hasn't been adjusted? I dont know man, try sending a ticket to the mods and see what they come back with.

Well it's a temp solution that works for me so I thought i'd post in case it works for anyone else. Obviously its a bug in the game that corrupts a file maybe?

I don't know then man :/ - have you checked your sound set up and make sure it's configured correctly? I run a 2:1 system and when i checked the other day it was set up to 7:1 !!