Posts by Tactikill

Just a question for you. How do you expect to get the code from retail? There is literally no way to get it except a developer from ntl will give it to you ofc for free =P Also funny how you disregard the hard work Daneos put into this game for the last 3 years. I can see that you have 0 knowledge about this topic.

Please, get your head out of the sand, and stop being so naive.

You can not reverse engineer nothing.

You can not almost perfectly replicate a game in that amount of time without reference material.

When have I ever not acknowledged the work that Daneos has put in, I have complimented it several times on this forum.

Game was written by Daneos only( there was a guy who dissapeared),from scratch thus many bugs came into being.

It took 4 years or maybe more who knows from when he is working and the website has nothing to do with the actual game.

He just changed domains and the theme of forum from time to time .

OK so this game has been written from scratch without any reference to the source material it replicates almost perfectly?

It may have been written from scratch "technically", but it uses referenced material.

Don't be so naive.

That's not to say Daneos hasent put a huge amount of work into this.

I am grateful to get to play a game that I loved again.

Iv already stated that I have tanked Kraken on my fighter, there is a video on youtube of it.

Still, nobody would take it over an SK.

I don't know if you know but the code is writting from scratch and not taken from anywhere.

Is it really? LMAO

so a small team of developers have coded this game from scratch in 3 years, and yet it managed to almost completely replicate the retail game?

That is why all of the mechanics except from the ones that have been specifically changed are identical to the retail game?

That's why there is a purchase more cash points option tab on the cash shop that leads to nowhere that is from the retail game.

That's why the website address is constantly being changed?

Where as at the same time the SWG Emu have been reverse engineered and recoded for the last 10 years and is still nowhere near completion.

You could always tank with a very good fighter on TW, but nobody would take one over an SK. SK is META, and thats all that matters to most.

I agree with you.

If you use Ulti Buffs, you take Ulti with you. If you dont want to use Ulti buffs, then take whatever you want.

You don't see point here mate.

If this isn't fixed, there will be only 1 default party for dungeons.

No any other race/class will be able to take part while if buffs don't be removed and be as it was, since everyone have its own buffer, mostly, then you could buff outside party and go inside, meaning instead of buffer you could take like fighter or SM.

I agree to an extent But

The parties are already default anyway.

Dende - Mandatory

SK - Mandatory (You could use DW but how many of them do you see)

If you are running Speed, as every one will take

Poko - META

Karma - META

If you are not running speed for some reason

Turtle x 2 - META

Nobody is going to take SM or Fighter unless you a) pay them to take you or b) have good friends. They are massively outclassed by ranged damage from a turtle.

What is a fighter going to do in Cell X? other than get 1 shotted every time it gets into range of Cell.

There is a video of my fighter tanking Kraken on youtube with absolute ease, but yet nobody would take him other than my friends, who could not be bothered grinding the repetative nonsense that is endgame DBO.

If you dont take the buffer, they there will be another turtle in the 5th slot. They are the META.

If you are using buffs in a party, the buffer should be in that party. I always saw this as a huge fault with retail.

Sks have nothing to do with the fact that it makes no sense being forced to take a class which does almost nothing in a dungeon. That's a different topic, dont get me wrong but how is it good or healthy if buffers are good at everything at every cap besides lvl 70 BIDs where you want to be as fast as possible?

Thats complete nonsense.

How do Ultis bring nothing?

Thy have MASSIVE party Utility. They boost your props by 18, massively increasing your damage, they provide you with enough Con to do end game content, and also LP Regen.

And if you so decide to venture into that part of the tree, provide crit rate buffs.

Utility classes have places in every MMO for good reasons.

If you don't want to take ultis thats completely fine, but you should do it without Ulti Buffs.

People make buffers largely for the benefit of the player base. It is a class designed to support parties. A person playing ulti sacrifices DPS for his utility.

My bad it was not double cluster, it was cluster bomb only.
    With the introduction of CC150 buffer will be broken again because you can reach 64% anticrit and a lot of phy or energy def because of the one sided defense majins have. Not every fighter will have full +15 so you wont be oneshot at all.

And ulti were good in solo and party budokai what makes them a good pvp character. In addition to this you are forced to take one in pve aswell. How's this fair for any other class?

Fair enough, cluster bomb is pretty essential.

64% really isnt as high as you think. Plus you are sacrificing Con. And you would get 1 shot with full +10 armor and props against a +12 fighter pole.

Ulti where good in solo budokai, before the anti crit removal in 70 cap.

And once again SK is removed from this unfairness discussion then they can reach over 80% anti crit in 70 cap (80% of hits that would be crits are blocked, meaning you are more than 80% likely to not be crit). SK's can also get 1k defence non upgraded lvl 70 legendary gear making them pretty much immortal to DPS. SK's can also tank a fighter crit if they go 2 pieces of CON on armor, Con rings and have good upgrades. And that was before this nerf fighters have had.

SKs are going to be able to farm Legendary accessories and be even more OP against fighters in 70 cap.

But again, Ultis are pretty solid up to 70 cap. SK's are completely broken in every single cap, and

When you suggest Ideas be realistic with those numbers, this is why ideas like this aren't implemented. This suggestion have no structure to it and it is very shallow.

How are those numbers unrealistic for a once per month event in which you can choose 1 of those items?

And who cares about the rewards, im more bothered about the event.

Items do despawn after 30 seconds, but that is enough time to pick it up as alt, I mean we managed to do it why shouldn't others be able to?

Double cluster is used on lv 70 buffers on pvp builds.
    You can 1 hit humans with proper gear and one cluster from behind as a tank.

Of course you think so since you only play ultimate, what about grandmas and any other class?

How is it balanced if you have a whole party forced to take one class which is utter garbage besides buffs. Can you please give some good arguments and not how you feel about it as a main ultima?

I haven't seen many builds that use double cluster. In addition the fighters your going to come up against are going to 1 shot you. You may come up against a female turtle... She will also 1 shot you.

Also when are you going to get a chance to use it from behind, Special suprise punch is used largely as an interupt and candy beam gives them +1000% energy defense.

You do all realise ulti was trash in lvl 70 PVP right as soon as anti crit was removed from scouters?

You cant increase the chances of random effects because there is a finite amount of stats and quantity of stats you can attain. If you remove the lower values it will break the system, becuase low values are assigned to items to fill in the maximum potential value of an item. For instance if you receive 20 con on crafted level 55 items it uses low value stats to fill in the gap between your main stat and the value cap of that item.

For instance you could get 20 Dex and 1 Con on your lvl 55 crafted jacket, or 20 dex and 2 hit rate, 1 poison defence and 1 defence rate as an examle.

Also people grinded out powerful characters in retail, they loved their characters, and they want those characters back in this game. Most people do not want to grind the same repetitive garbage they people have been grinding for 8 years.

Seed is one opportunity, but there are several classes which are bad in prelims but are super good in the 1v1 like dende.

With double cluster max it is possible to win prelims.
    The duration of item disappearance was not changed at all. People were unhappy that they disappear in general because you were able to sell the items on TW.

So you are saying that items do not dissapear after 30 seconds?

No real PVP builds use Double Cluster, In similar fashion they don't use Genocide Blast, which is another possible route to pass prelims.

You have to cater to prelims in your build which reduces your 1v1 effectiveness. And even if you do cater to prelims, you are HEAVILY outclassed.

You do trash damage, where as a fighter in your prelims is going to run around and 1 shot all of the weaker humans.

Crane is not going to pass prelims unless you are against trash, but is actually very very good in this cap if you can get into the 1v1 part of tournament, or are seeded.

Number 2 is not right. Thats how we did it. We diced for the item and picked it up with alt character.

Basically this.

People are just forced to take Ultima which doesnt help at all, besides making grandma more useless and less played and people are forced to take ultima even though they only want the buffs. Why should a class be good at everything anyways?

I am under the impression that this has been changed, and there was recently a large thread about it.

And because people make ulti's largely as support classes. They sacrifice the ability to rip through the game with insane damage to provide utility for a party.

They can be good in PVP also, but only assuming you have a budokai seed. Good luck winning prelims with one unless you draw complete scrubs.

Tbh the situation right now is dumb as fk. I dont care which either in cash shop or in world boss event but plz add brown boxes .

Brown boxes are very expensive and very very rare.The situation unfolding right now is that of a crysis. I mean lets be honest if you farm all day and spend 1kk you can get 2 boxes? fkin 2 boxes?in 1 month that makes them lets say 50-ish right ? now imagine you spend all the boxes (and you will) and get nothing in return. for farming all day.and being atcive to beat the boss.And the game started for barely 1and a half month right ?. So that means by farming all day like an idiot and being present for every world boss event which is impossible as you cant predict when the boss will go up,you will have 50-60 boxes?wow very rewarding system, its like laughing at community seriously.

Pretty much all of this x over 9000.

everyone saying this change is good ,we should keep this change but have you guys seen the positive side of this ? cuz rn is clearly only Ultimate meta ,not grand chef not plasma .People go as far as calling Ultimate the only buffer. So here we talk about 1 subclass that can do everything. They can pvp, they can farm in world with 2xSpins,they can level easly,and now you are forced to take one on every dungeon/ccbd/etc.

So this class ultimate is best at everything? cuz someone just said a pvp class shouldnt be good for pve. Then explain this plz.

Because swordman which is already hard af to play, is only good for pvp and thats all but i wouldn;t go as far as to call him GOOD because he is below averege and needs extreme skil and extreme items. Yet he can't do pve or farm world mobs...

This is the fault of the core game. Something pretty much beyond repair.

In any other MMO, all classes would either be able to tank, heal, have strong DPS, or have a significant utility.

On this game a lot of classes have little utility or are not able to compete with other classes.

Take a fighter- He has DPS, but largely single target DPS. the game massively favors ranged damage and AOE damage. The Fighter brings no utility to the party and so is worthless.

A turtle the same/more Damage, but with huge AOE, has a ranged auto attack allowing for attack speed spam without worry, and also has utility buffs for the party.

Who are you going to take as your DPS?

If we want to talk about a class that can do everything its SK.... Why has this thing not been nerfed yet.

I have an ultima myself and had one in POB and its completely possible to gear him up.

buffer was not designed to be taken in BIDS because theyre bad dungeon clear class.

Its very VERY difficult if you are not forced to take an ulti in the party:

1. They are not viable as DPS because their DPS is absolute garbage. And there are many other superior options.

2. There is a stupid 30 second loot rule, so you cant do it on an alt and come in on your buffer and pick the item up.

3. You would have to know people who are willing to handicap themselves by taking you if you are to gain legendary accessories as a buffer in 70 cap if they allowed you to buff outside.

Lvl 70 is all about gearing for budokai in PVP terms and Doing boring repetative end game dungeons PVE wise.

A lot of classes are unable to grind end game PVE to gear up that way because nobody will take them.

As things currently stand.

Budokai is a battle between Extreme Cashers and very clever SK's that have done significant cashing.

Then you have regular to high cashers who just cant compete with the amount of +13 armor and weapons going around that the Extreme Cashers are using. 55 cap has been out for barely more than a week and already people have M and E sets of +13 armor with max or very close to max stats and weapons. These extreme cashers are spending thousands of dollars. (That's thousands with an s on the end)

Then you have F2P who cant do anything.

These Extreme cashers are the ones driving the prices up, they are the ones who are keeping purple and green stone prices high and box prices high. They did it in 45 cap and in 55 cap, and who will do the same in 60 and 70 cap. It won't be until they have finished upgrading the things they want that the prices will start to come down.

Adding brown boxes as a binded cash shop item, reduces SOME the effectiveness of Extreme Cashing.

Adding Purple and Green stones would reduce this further, but that is an argument for another day.

I bet it would even convince some free to players to purchase some boxes.

The simple fact of the matter is that there is a cash shop in the game, It was not my decision to include it, and it is here to stay. It was put there to make money. I and many others are not going to cash if it doesn't give me some kind of advantage.

What you need to work on is allowing people who are willing to spend $50 dollars here and there to come away from spending that money with something that is useful, rather than 15 Mr Popo Dogis.

If you are a F2P player who wants to play a balanced game, go and play something else that wasent designed specifically to make money. But with any F2P model out there you are at a disadvantage to cashing players. You will usually progress slower, be limited to the content you can do, be able to hold less money, be unable to equip rare armor etc.