Posts by Tactikill

You also never played a game where equipment stays forever on the ground so you can call other players to enter the dungeon to obtain the item. If you want items from dungeon, then go and do the dungeon. If you cant get a group then ask your guild (everyone has one anyway). BID 2-4 are way too easy to make the dropped equipment sell-able.

The equipment stays on the ground for 30 seconds?

How are you meant to get this equipment on your characters that people won't take? You don't have enough time to switch to your alt.

Who is going to take a fighter/chef/swordsman over the standard party. A very limited number of people that will probably try to charge you for the inconvenience of coming along. Of which there is then no guarantee of a legendary drop, let alone the legendary drop you are after, and then having a party that will either roll against you on the item, or demand more money for you to pick it up.

Not every guild can be bothered farming that thing over and over and over.... I know because I have seen it first hand.

Or if you change attack speed Parties will just take 2 turtles on top of the mandatory Buffer, Dende & SK combination.

If somebody makes a PVE class, they should be able to use that class to get the accessories they need on the classes they have that have almost zero PVE worth.

I don't want to be fighting SK's on my fighter that are easily able to get 20 con rings or prop bonus rings and legendary earrings and necklaces, where I can't get anything because people will only go with my buffer. They are already overpowered enough as it is.

Considering the how certain classes are never going to be taken into end game PVE do to them being strongly outclassed by others, then you have to allow farming parties to sell these things.

That said, no need to make them tradeable, I never once heard of anybody getting scammed by a kraken/cell party. It doesn't take long to figure out who the legit parties are.

Somebody mentioned that if you cant farm them yourself then you don't deserve them.

Thats garbage, I tanked kraken with ease on my fighter in retail, there is a video of it on youtube, yet nobody outside of my own circles would even consider taking my fighter, where as my Karma was never out of either kraken, cell or CC150, As soon as my karma logged in it would usually have a whisper to come do either cell, kraken or cc150.

There is no skill involved in any of it, you auto attack kraken and stop when he puts reflect up, make sure your aggro doesn't pass the tanks, and kill the 2 adds that spawn. thats it.

Cell has extremely simple mechanics, you can even ignore the circles completely with a good enough party.

CC150 has a handful of bosses who have mechanics you need to be aware of, there is no difficulty in most of it.

Just by having the right class, and enough attack speed doesn't make you deserving.....

You can't penalize somebody because of the class they have chosen.

Having +15 gears does not make you an elite by any means. As proven to us by the POB players who was full +15 and had everything they could ever want and still were unable to win anything. If ya re read what i said 'Yes 99% of players still have not much of an idea but that small 1% of a few players who excelled in POB really does show' The 99% are those who were full +15 and did not achieve anything in game and the 1% are there very small amount of players who did utilize there gear effectively. Im not comparing Retail and DBOG players in terms of gears, I am comparing them in terms of skill.

In terms of skill. No MMO I have ever played has required less skill to master a class.

Assuming you have capable equipment, If you are not in that so called 1%, it is simply because you have not made the minimum amount of effort required to get there, or simply do not care about PVP.

In addition, a sizable amount of the "elite" from Taiwan, didn't play POB.

Nothing wrong with being "elite" on this game, what is an issue is the inflated ego's that come with being "elite" on an emulated version of a failed MMO, where cashing, class choice and luck are the absolute undisputed kings. (This isn't aimed back at you)

Forget about changing attack speed.

As I have said earlier, people will just move onto the next best tactic, which involves high ranged aoe dps.

Trust me unless you know people and have God tier gear, or you pay a party capable of 4 manning it, which will be insanely hard with out attack speed, nothing you can change in this current game is going to make people consider taking your swordsman or chef or fighter or crane with them, nothing.

It is 100% impossible to balance PVE on this game due to the design. You would have to introduce brand new content which is actually balance able or completely redesign the current game.

BUT

Do you really want to limit the amount of parties able to do cell, kraken and CC?

I have seen CC done with out attack speed, but let me tell you, it was a PRO party that did it, and i mean pro to the max in pve terms at least.

We have so many people complaining about cashers (The guys who support this server making it possible for f2p to actually play). When you limit the amount of parties able to do cell and kraken, there is going to be less legendary accessories available, driving the price up to levels that only us "dirty" cashers could even come close to being able to buy.

In addition, your going to have less parties to take you through cc, and seeing as you usually have to pay to go through cc with an undesirable class to get the title, then is a lack of competition something you want?

In addition, your going to ruin one of the few tools a fighter actually has, and it's not too overpowered on a fighter. Thunder has high cooldown, and is only useful while your opponent is stunned in PVP. They run away after the stun wears off, and your unable to use quick attack in thunder.

So you may argue humans are to squishy to tank thunder during a stun? Try using paralysis duration reduction gear, like I have to use bleed duration reduction against an SK for example. Problem 100% solved.

One of the things that will see this server die, is people ruining the game that everybody loved.

If you do that say bye to token farm.

They made token afk farm possible again with this last update, I doubt they would make a system to kick afk players.

Actually I like the changes they made, but the best way would have been to simply kick inactive players.

Well Divines Focus was high, But I was full resist. And if i choose to invest fully in a stat and that stat has no effect, the stat is underpowered.

He was actualy stacking con in an attempt to tank a needle from me, as I had beaten him 2-0 myself in Ranked earlier that week, and he knew I would likely favour crit rate over % gloves.

Want to know what really hurt about that fight though? he resisted my quick attacks both in round 1 and 3. 100% resistance against me. #joke.

Also never played POB, so I am referring to +12 ticked axes that where common place in taiwan.

But SK's and DW have insane defence, where as humans have the lowest defence. All this does is increase an SK's already God tier bulk into a level of complete and utter brokeness that I just couldn't imagine.

What this idea does, is buff SK and Majins more than Humans.

They are not as bad as people think your absolutely correct, but there are far better options available and thats the problem.

I don't personally think you should reward somebody with a guaranteed crit for landing a stun and then moving behind them and pressing SHSN.

I had +15 TMQ7 28 Con E. Def pants (The best possible E. Def pants its possible for a martial artist to get in the game, I think spiritulists got e def cc110 gear) which I wore with 2 crafted pieces against SK's. Bold still did way too much damage. My E. Def was very high. But bear in mind, you need melee also against them. Every single piece of gear i had (And I had a lot) was max stat.

Fighters I think should be resisting, they are squishy, resisting is a big part of them, they are all about evasion, resistance is the same principle as evasion. But even so, If I stack for resistance, and I legitimately have the highest you can physically get in the game without a majin buff bar maybe 1 or 2 points on a dogi, then I should be able to resist.

I lost 3-0 to divine one time in the budokai final, and I did not resist a single one of his skills. Of course luck is a large element of this. But I or nobody else should ever be that unlucky,

As somebody who loves fighter, I can honestly say that there has never been an easier class to play in any MMO in the history of gaming. Nothing you can do can make this class require skill.

Yeah, you can stack paralysis duration reduction etc, but you lose resistance and which cancels them outright, obviously more dodge = more chance of bold missing. You have to compromise way too much against a SK.

Anyway this is a good discussion, keep it coming.

Big bang attack will always be sub optimal on a fighter. Martial artists gain higher DEX than other classes naturally as they level up. This gives them high resistance, crit rate, damage and dodge. Not to mention the poor EP that Martial artists get compared to a spiritualist. A turtle will always be a million times more efficient and is able to safely attack from range, having to avoid less boss mechanics leading to more sustained dps. In addition humans have the lowest con and the weakest armor. Serious people are always going to use META, and not carry sub optimal classes along.

Needles don't need a guaranteed crit, because you you would have to reduce their crit damage by 66% as most could kill a human 3 times over, or 2 and a half times over with focus gloves in a single crit, while still not being able to quite 1 shot a max con +10 armor sk assuming you use crit rate gloves and not % which are needed because of their extremely high anti crit.

Ruling out the guaranteed crit, To this end, SKs do need an anti crit reduction IMO. Anti crit is a straight % chance to avoid a crit, where as crit rate is not a %. As stated, I never crit well geared SK's, and I had a cc150 crit rate title, 13 crit rat gloves, and full max dex gear, earrings, rings all that stuff.

They get 25% from a skill, 10% from gloves, and also I forget the exact numbers but they get over 30% on jacket and 10 or 15% from a cc150 title.

75 - 80% anti crit might sound like there is plenty of room to land a crit, but bear in mind, its 80% assuming you would otherwise crit with every single hit, which you do not, they have a far higher than 80% chance to not receive a critical hit.

The bleed on SK needs nerfing because a crit on bold strike straight up kills you when you consider the bleed damage factored in if you are a human, and without the crit you need to invest in bleed gear costing you much needed resistance against them.

Im not suggesting to just fix a turtles crit, they are relient on success rate, which is over powered, resistance needs bringing into line. There is no way somebody with the maximum resistance its possible to get in the game should not resist a single attack over 3 rounds in budokai, of course its luck based, but it happened to me in a 3-0 loss to Divine in the budokai final.

Fighters kind of are meant to capable resisters, that's why the have the highest dex in the game.

5 seconds of invincibility on swiftness is not a good idea imo, and not what the move was intended for in any way shape or form, but I dunno, maybe it could work.

Just my 2c

Some of your ideas are good, some I am really not a fan of.

The following is based on 70 cap, Personally I don't think anything should be done in 55 or 60 cap, they where pretty solid caps and I would rather attention focused on other things, rather than adjusting a temporary cap.

If you want to balance PVE in lvl 70 cap, then you would have to completely redesign the game:

PVE: You can nerf bosses or do whatever you want, but the simple fact of the matter is that people run attack speed because it is the easiest way to clear end game content. In addition, SK, Dende and Buffer are mandaroty, so this only leaves 2 spots. This is already majorly unbalanced.

If you want to change this, you wither have to nerf attack speed, which isnt fair as it messes fighters up in PVP, or prevent karma and poko speed buffs from stacking. (They don't stack with blitz fist, so I feel it was unintended that poko and karma's attack speed can stack)

Even if you do get rid of attack speed, people then move to the next most efficient way to clear something, which is to use high damage, high critting aoe energy classes to fill in the 2 blank spaces in the party, turtle being the prime example. Melee classes have a hard time in cc for example, and so will never be taken over a ranged DPS. Having done cc150 on my fighter, as well as over 20 times on my karma, I can say there are certain bosses that melee humans simply cant even join in against. Outside of that, they have no significant AOE, for clearing floors and no utility like karma and poko have, making them about as far from META as you can get.

No matter what you do, the majority of serious end game farmers are going to employ the most efficient or easiest tactics that are available, and everything else will become sub par.

In a normal party there are obviously 5 spaces available. 3 of these slots are mandatory SK (DW would work to)/Dende/Ulti. This counts for all of end game PVE. It only use to be 2 in cell and kraken, but now we cant buff outside its 3. The other 2 spaces go to those who either have excellent utilty such as karma and poko, or as a second tier option after attack speed do high aoe ranged damage like turtle.

Conclusion: Without a complete redesign of core base mechanics, you can not balance PVE. With a maximum party size of 5, and 3 of those spaces being filled with mandatory classes. Th

Some classes excel in PVE, some in PVP, unfairly SK and karma excel in both.

PVP: If you want to "balance" things in lvl 70 cap, this is what you need to do.

Am I right in thinking Fighter damage has already been reduced? How about giving us our bleed back on SHSN?

Female Turtle: Nerf the RP skill book they have and bring it in line with a fighters dodge pot. Do something with success or resistance rate, success is too over powered.

SK: Reduce anti crit buff, nerf bleed damage on bold strike.

SK's have far too much going for them:

Physical and Energy attacks, meaning you can not optimise your armor against them.

Very High Anti Crit: 25% skill, 10% Gloves in addition to CC150 title and Anti Crit Jacket. I critted well geared SK's extremely rarely with extremely high crit rate and exceptional gear.

Stupid amounts of LP and defense, this with auto pot and senzu makes a crit mandatory with a fighter. (They get lvl 70 gear with 1k melee defence at +0)

A lot of Success Based Attacks bypassing dodge and hitting the underwhelming resistance stat. (Allows them to wear anti crit gloves vs fighter instead of focus, usually offset by a success rate necklace)

Way too much bleed damage on bold strike, which is already a strong enough attack in its own right without the bleed.

Karmas: When played well have an almost unlimited combo, success rate is far too overpowered compared to resistance. Success either needs nerfing or resistance buffing. (If I have 133 resistance neck which was max stat, 2 34 dex earrings, Dex rings from Kraken, and full dex max stat armour as I did in Taiwan, Dex gives resistence for the record, then I shouldn't be getting hit by every single success based attack by a female turtle or a karma, even if they are full focus) The RP skill they have allows them to easily use RP extends on their skills, if you dont wan't to play with success and resistance rates, then remove this skill.

Fighter, before you complain about fighters crit damage, crit was the only way to beat a good SK in Taiwan, None of them are stupid enough to stand around for thunder once your kidney shot stun wears off, and without a crit your doing 3k damage on your most powerful attack SHSN (+13 Bacterian Pole) against something with 65 - 70k LP (with Auto Pot + Senzu) Plenty of time for them to land a bold strike on you.

Fighter already had dodge pot nerfed in 70 cap, which has continued onto Global.

Against a good Female Turtle and Karma, you rarely have an opportunity, so you needed the damage to make your opportunities count when you do get an opening.

Only IF you do all of the above, then you should reduce both fighter and turtle hermit crit damage, and you will have a far more balanced game, and other classes should be able to compete with the main classes, or at least be a lot closer to them.

I wouldnt call this extreme cashing,i would call it counter measure,on extreme cashers and fair play,because it is not a guarantee,it will make you realize that spending alot of cash wont make you top elite,you will have a chance and you will have a better chance from a non casher,also nothing stops you to farm as well,so you get more chances in general.

I agree that it would be better to have everything in your hands,since you are paying,but there isnt a counter measure at the moment for non cashers to have a single chance to get half of what you asking to get.

In a single instance that is not extreme cashing, the reality is that 100 brown boxes gets nothing more times than not, and to repeat this process many times would amount to extreme.

Its an excellent point and one people need to consider, cashing offers no guarantees. Brown boxes are random, upgrade amounts and success chances are random (Or part of an RNG algorithm that would be almost impossible to figure out). 200 brown boxes could net me the same result as a f2p using the 5 brown boxes you get from the popo gift box. 700 green stones could give me the same end result as 7 green stones.

I can also take that on board, I would suggest adding brown boxes to be part of a random loot table, giving them a % chance to drop on certain floors of CC or cell x/kraken for instance in quantities of either 5 or 10 or possibly 20 on the higher floors of cc.

I know that the point isnt about extreme cashers and farmers,but isnt by making reasonable things work?I am not entirely out of the point,i wasnt intend to change the subject,i basically wanted to edit my post,but unfortunately didnt for some stupid reason,sorry.

I think what your trying to say deserves its own thread.

What I am trying to achieve in my head at least is a more reasonable playing field, which would make "extreme cashing" less of a thing.

For instance if I want to buy 100 boxes now, I would need approx 100kk. I would have to cash an aweful lot to buy cash shop items to pay that. Doing this often enough would result in what you could call extreme cashing.

To give an example, lets say to get this amount somebody sells Z32's at 3.5kk each.

2000 Cash points which is $100 would buy you 25 z32s, which would equate to 87.5 million zenie.

What I suggest is I and anybody else is able to buy 50 brown boxes off the cash shop for say 20-30 dollars as a ball park figure. This also prevents the inevitable inflation that comes with option 1, as boxes that are 1kk now could well end up costing a lot more in the future, especially with 70 cap.

Brown boxes have already doubled in price since launch.

What I am saying is that option 1 is utterly stupid, where as option 2 is viable.

While on the surface option 1 would net the game more real life money, in actuality, who is going to do that, option 2 entices a greater number of people to consider brown boxes as an option, where as now a lot consider them out of the question.

I believe option 2 will benefit the players more, and ultimately net the game more revenue.

Nope it's a part of atk speed you can test it if you don't believe me but you will thank me alot of you trust me.
    You can do the following if you trust my statement above. Go with fighter or turtle ssj (20% atk speed) + speedbuffs (40% atk speed) + 26% atk speed on one weapon = 86% atk speed
    let's say you will pick 1220 gloves because they have more base dmg so you would need 94% atk speed to be capped 94% - 86% = 8% that's exactly the atk speed you can get on your hat with rare dogi ball
    so you could go gloves with 33% crit dmg 1220 and still be at max atk speed.

What you are saying could very well be true.

What I am saying is that it contradicts a conclusion that I and several others all of whom where top tier players came to years ago on a game that could for all I know be coded slightly differently.

You will get capped with 1100 Speed Gloves at 93% atk speed with 1220 it was 94% or 95% not sure right now which one of these two.

I actually think the 1100, 1160, 1220 is different. I believe it is completely seperate from the attack speed %.

Undoubtedly That number is the delay, however when testing with both 1100s and 1220s at 100% attack speed (Back in TW), I found the 1100's to be faster (We are talking fractions of a seconds that required slowed down bandicam replays to make me reach that conclusion.

I switched 26% 1220s for 26% 1100s as a result.

What I suggest to be the case based on my previous research is that the 1100, 1160 etc is your base delay, and your attack speed% is a modifier seperate to that stat.

This is speculation on my part.

You will see on a fighter for example, when at 100% he does a series of ridiculously fast punches (Sometimes appearing as 1 punch due to lag etc), then after that complete set of attack animations is completed there is an ever so slight delay before the next set begins.

I believe the delay is the time taken between a completed set of attack animations ending and the next beginning, where as attack speed % speeds up the attack animations themselves.