Posts by BlazingBarrager

Here you can find more informations about what I mean with Super Saiyan FP.
    About the fact that transformations don't use RP, I am aware of that and I didn't mean reducing it with an item, though reducing it with the Super Saiyan skill maxed (in the case skill points for transformations would/will be available).
    About the fact with the Kaio-Ken you're right, I don't know what to do: because SP would improve the skill stats (and even the CD as I was saying, that's where I am wrong) there isn't no solution with it, heh, I can't think of one.

Ah right Full-Powered Super Saiyan. Well even at 3 SP the Super Saiyan skill would still be the Super Saiyan skill. There would be no Full-Powered version. Even at 3 SP for a Turtle Hermit the drain would still be something to worried about because EP regen isn't very high in battle so the form would still go through EP mildly quickly, especially if you're spamming other skills.

i think there are only 2 classes that need to be reworked, dark warrior and shadow knight, for some reason the second could do everything twice as effective as the former, all other classes are fine they all add something unique to a party and are fun to play overall

Not quite. Grand Chefs are severally under powered despite possessing better attack skills and Plasma Majins are just outclassed by Turtle Hermits period. I believe all classes need to be reworked in some way. For example:

Crane Hermits: They're just as good as Turtle Hermits in PvE and even possess better debuffs than Turtle Hermits as well as the ability to heal. The problem is that they were severally nerfed for PvP when they lost their stun "Lost in Time" not to mention the presence of anti-bleed gear. Their added attack skills are pretty much useless outside of Thousand Slashes and even then it requires at least 4 SP to be good. Bringing back "Lost in Time" would be a great way to rework Cranes, but it should also be nerfed due to having a ridiculous range (35m).

Swordsman: This class literally got the short end of the stick with the level 70 cap due to the reworked effects of Figthers' "High Speed Needle" skills and the added "Hit Rate Increase" passive buff. I know Fighters need to be reworked due to their increased dodge and crit. rate, but I don't know how Swordsmen can be reworked, especially if crit. rate gets capped. One possible way is to make them more Hybrid friendly since their physical and ki skills do nearly the same base damage. Being able to use their ki skills will also make up for their terrible range.

Grand Chefs: This class got heavily nerfed in the level 70 patch due to their key skill "Spirit Drain" being badly nerfed. However, merely making the skill back to its 60 cap version isn't good enough since it's incredibly overpowered so it needs to be reworked. The devs will also need to think of a way to make Grand Chefs more viable so that they aren't outclassed by Ultimates. Perhaps buffing the buffs the Grand Chef has would be good?

Plasma Majin: I really like this class so it's sad to see them outdone by Turtle Hermits. Plasma Majins are, to me, more like snipers than a pure damage dealing class, which makes sense since their passive buffs focus more on accuracy than power. They also got a great buff that can be shared with others which is a plus. Perhaps one way to buff them is make their skills slightly more powerful? I'm not too sure on this tbh.

Oh, now I get it, I thought you were talking about something else in your post, sorry! I misunderstood, then, heh.

But, by the way, wouldn't the SSJ FP be the same as CD reduction gear maxed? There would be no limits to the usage of the SSJ FP, if there would be a skill that would grant us the skill to become Full Power and in this case, luckily, there isn't.
    I thought it was a good idea but I forgot that people could abuse with it and stuff like that, hah, thanks for reminding me.

I'm not sure on what you mean by FP, but no it wouldn't affect SSJ's CD. Since transformations don't use RP there is no way to reduce CD outside of gear, and even then Kaio-Ken would still be usable because CD gear would affect it as well.

You're kinda missing the point. The SP in transformations should only make the stat boosts and decreased drain/increase duration equal to Kaio-Ken at its respected SP. This is why CD shouldn't change, because otherwise people would just stack CD reduction gear and get the forms down to the point where they can be spammed. Not only that, but it would make Kaio-Ken more or less obsolete. The goal is to make the transformations have stat boosts and drain like Kaio-Ken while not making the latter useless.

That is what I was talking about. If they manage to get Bold Strike to an acceptable level of power (without nerfing it too much, as you said) it would be great and I'd love to play as a Namekian SK (which is a thing I didn't like in DBO because of its power with his skills, as Bold Strike being a primary example).

But I'm feared that if they nerf it, even with the right amount of power, some people wouldn't play SK 'cause they would think the class is dead or something else, which is a thing I hope won't happen because otherwise I'd be pretty sad to not see any SK if they nerfed BS giving it a normal value of power.

The only reason people would play Shadow Knights is because they want to be very good players. This is one of the things I hate about the vanilla DBO. People shouldn't pick classes based on who they believe is the best. All classes should be balanced to a point so that choosing a class can be more of a preference than just which is good and which is not. For example, if people prefer having a tank that excels at 1 on 1 combat (whether it's players or mobs) than they can go with Shadow Knights, while if they prefer a tank that excels at dealing with multiple targets they can go with Dark Warriors. Choosing a class should be about what role a player wants to play as as well as personal preference, not on playing to be the best.

As the title says, it would be nice to have the transformations have skill points to distribute into as well. Why? Well if Kaio-Ken has them than why not transformations? I'll explain how this would work.

Obviously when you wish for the form you'll start at 1 SP and you'll be able to put 2 more SP into the transformation (giving the skill 3 SP total). One SP would make the forms have the vanilla stats. By adding SP you would do the following:

Super Saiyan: Slightly increase the stat bonuses and reduce drain; double EP buff and CD would remain the same.
    Pure Majin: Slightly increase the stat bonuses and reduce drain; CD would remain the same.
    Great Namek: Slightly increase the stat bonuses and increase form duration (12 minutes for 2 SP and 15 for 3 SP); CD and Dexterity debuff would remain the same. Also give the form a time indicator like a buff so players can keep track at how much time they have.

The decrease in drain in particular would give melee classes like Fighters and Grand Chefs an easier time maintaining the form due to their low EP while allowing classes like Turtle Hermit and Karma Majins a good option to use should you need the bonuses Kaio-Ken doesn't grant. At the same time though, the fact that CD will remain the same will still prevent these transformations from being spammed as well as give Kaio-Ken some use due to its 6 minute CD. Of course you don't have to contribute to the forms, especially if your role is more needed outside of the forms. Like Kaio-Ken, it is entirely optional whether or not to distribute SP to these forms. On a side note, Great Nameks and Pure Majins should also have their transformation-only skills unlocked at 1 SP when the form is wished for so players wouldn't have to waste SP just to get the skill.

So yeah one of the most tedious things about the old DBO is that there was no way to change your character's appearance aside from making a new character. Normally this wouldn't be a big issue since NTL probably had no intentions of releasing new customization options for our characters. However, with the dev team for DBOG having more creative room in adding things once the servers get up, running, and stable we can also see some new customization options for our characters at a later time. As such, it would be nice if we had the option to change our appearance. Now the method is completely up to the dev team of course (it could be an NPC, a Dragonball Wish, an item, etc.), but as long as it's possible to do it would be a very nice addition to the game.

2. To change your name you will have to pay real money.
    About skill reset we are not sure. There are tools to create your skill build and there are tutorials for it too.

Okay the name change is reasonable I guess, but I'm really hoping the same isn't for Skill Reset books. I mean yeah we'll have tutorials and skill calculators to help us out, but there are going to be some people (like me) who will want to experiment with different skills to find out if it really is viable to use or not so having to possibly pay for Skill Resets kinda defeats the purpose. That's just my opinion though.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions.

Okay here's an example of balancing out Bold Strike. The skill does 279% Bleed Damage and 344% Energy Damage at 4 SP. Obviously this would make Bold Strike extremely powerful on high grade, highly upgraded sub-weapons. So what could we do to balance it?

Nerf the bleed by making it exact instead a percent. In exchange, raise the damage of said bleed to like 560 and slightly raise the energy damage to like 408% at 4 SP.

People need to stop just thinking about only the nerfs of a skill because the devs can just as well make up for said nerf with boosted damage, reduced CD, etc. Want another example?

Giant Kamehameha (from Turtle Hermit tree)
    Vanilla: Does 988 Energy Damage (boosted damage effect with crit), 500% Energy Damage (boosted damage effect with crit), has a 15M AOE, travels 35m, and has a 54 sec CD.

Now let's say a lot of people want this skill to have a shorter base CD (like 35 sec for example). How can we make this work and keep the skill useful?
    Decrease the CD to 35 sec, but in exchange decrease the damage to 785/475%. The damage output would be lower, but because of the decreased CD you'll be able to use this skill more often and keep the damage output somewhat the same.

People who make the game didn't really know about how to really balance the game. Otherwise they wouldn't have nerfed Cranes and Grand Chefs while buffing Fighters. Just because someone in NTL thought it was a good idea doesn't mean it was exactly a good idea.

And it's this crap about SKs and DWs having different tanking purposes that makes the game more leaning towards choosing specific classes to win. DWs can just as capable be able to tank bosses as SKs while the latter is true for mobs. Besides, in old TW DBO it didn't mean squat who played who when all people did was use Attack Speed on harder dungeons and CC so that argument is invalid.

Again, having to go full anti-bleed just for a SK is stupid and a waste of time and effort. It should be an option, not a big necessity in PvP. If it was, then cap anti-bleed.

And now you're just making assumptions. Nerfing Bold Strike doesn't guarantee that SKs will be a terrible class, especially when this isn't the only change for balancing purposes the devs will make. Try thinking outside the box. Would the change from percent to exact bleed really be the end of SKs, or will it still make the SKs viable after taking into consideration all the other balancing changes done to classes and effects?

Okay three questions on my part.
    Will there be countermeasures against those who buy ingame money from another site?

In the ingame webshop will some items like Skill and Name resets that happen to end up in the shop also be obtainable ingame, because as much as donating helps the game it would still be annoying to have to pay to reset your skills or name.

When do you guys think you'll get skill calculators on this site up and running?

Honestly, having to have gear completely built around dealing with SKs is just plain stupid. SKs are tanks. They shouldn't be doing the damage they normally do. I'm not saying get rid of Bold's bleed entirely. Just nerf it by making it an exact amount instead of a percentage. Seriously, why the hell should SKs have a percentage based bleed while Cranes, who's entire purpose revolves around DoTs, only gets exact based DoTs? Also, you're thinking too hard on the whole "people won't play SKs" deal when every class is getting rebalanced with buffs, nerfs, and reworked systems like crit and LP% caps. That's like saying no one will play DWs and Grand Chefs in this game despite the fact we know they're getting buffs.

You are right on that! Specific value would be better, but i think it is possible to leave it as % damage, just cut the max (279% at lvl 4) down to ~175 to 185% add 4 sec. more cooldown and it should be much better..

Even if the percentage is cut down it's still going to do a tremendous amount of damage if the user's sub-weapon has a very high upgrade level. The 4 sec. add to CD isn't going to matter either because Shadow Knights can just tank until CD is finished.

Something that really needs to be nerfed/capped is Attack Speed. It isn't that big of an issue in PvP sure, but in PvE it literally took the fun out of doing difficult dungeons like Papaya. You didn't need to form a strategy at all. Just get a Karma Majin, Poko Priest, a Tank, a Turtle/Crane, and a Buffer and you would speed through those without any effort. Yes it was fast, but that wasn't what those dungeons and CC were designed for. I love the idea of forming a team based around a certain strategy and not being restricted to specific classes.

Also on the topic of Bold Strike, the reason it was so broken was because the bleed was done in a percentage, not a specific amount like every other DoT skill. Make it a specific amount and you cut its power a great deal.

Ugh...this again? Why do people want to have this? Anyway, it's not going to happen. It's as Muh said. Our characters are Human, not Saiyans. Saiyans are extinct in DBO and our characters merely have traces of Saiyan heritage and potential. This is why our characters can't become Super Saiyans on there own. Giving our characters a tail goes against the setup of the story for humans not to mention it's beyond Shenron's power to do so.

So yeah, Super Saiyan is enough for a Human.

The thing with starting at level 38 cap is two things:

1. It gives new players the chance to experience the game from its beginning and not at the last update before shutdown.

2. It gives the crew more time to work with other maps and skills that we get at higher caps.

It's not a thing about DBOR doing it. It's about reliving the game as though it just came out again.

The problem with using new maps is that some of the meshes and textures for them might not even be in the files and will have to be made from scratch. Now granted Papaya Island's unused section is done and just needs some tweaking here and there, but aside from that do we even know what maps the team has to work with right now? We might as well accept that the level cap will remain at 70 for a good, long while.