Pre Open Beta worth it?

• Hey DBOG community
    I've been a dragon Ball fan since an adolescent.
    I've played DBO TW and stopped playing once they announced the shutdown of the game.

I really want to hop in the game and play but I'm not sure if I should since there will be a wipe which is truly understandable. I won't cry about that. What do you do in the pre beta when you reach max lvl?

What do people do in the game?

I've never played budokai or any of that shit.
    What is endgame like?
    Tell me is it worth playing right now?
    Or you think I should wait?

And when do you think the Open Beta will be announced? Daneos has not updated the forum in a cool minute so I'm tripping out. Basically I just want to know what you do in end game and if it's worth playing it at its current state

• this game still has much fixing to be had so, you definitely have time until the next server wipe, to answer your second question i dont know ik what i do, and that may be completely different from what you do. Now to answer your next question many of the quests are bugged so level 60 to 70 is basically farming (I dont recommend it, because not only are you spoiling yourslef, but its tedious and a hassle that will most likely drain the game of its longevity for you when the actual game comes out).

If your coming into this thinking itll be like old dbo id say no, its still far from that for example, budokai is currently not working and we have no inclination to when it may work, but if you more prefer the pve side of things there currently working on fixing tmqs.

• Since you've played the game before (didn't say what level but I assume you got to a decent one) - No I don't think it would be worth it for you to play this now and you should wait for the open beta when there won't be any character wipes. The game is fun but all your progress will be gone sometime soon-ish.

Nobody is sure when the open beta will be, but it definitely won't be until next year I'm sure. It will how ever long it takes Daneos to fix all the bugs and get it up to a good state with 90+% of the content in the game. Could be another few months or more, not sure.

• Since you've played the game before (didn't say what level but I assume you got to a decent one) - No I don't think it would be worth it for you to play this now and you should wait for the open beta when there won't be any character wipes. The game is fun but all your progress will be gone sometime soon-ish.

Nobody is sure when the open beta will be, but it definitely won't be until next year I'm sure. It will how ever long it takes Daneos to fix all the bugs and get it up to a good state with 90+% of the content in the game. Could be another few months or more, not sure.

I dont know who told you it would be soon as far as I can tell, we have not even seen many updates in recent time so I doubt that the server wipe would happen soon. I say at minimum he would have 6 months and maximum who knows, and again 6 months is a stretch based on the current progress we've had.

• I dont know who told you it would be soon as far as I can tell, we have not even seen many updates in recent time so I doubt that the server wipe would happen soon. I say at minimum he would have 6 months and maximum who knows, and again 6 months is a stretch based on the current progress we've had.

You realise in the last 2 months we've had the Adult Quest, Masterclass, UD 1-6, BID1, script fixes, Stability issues, Extra channels added, Skill fixes, Dark Devil Event implementation, Tier 2 Dragonballs Event activated and many quest fixes alone.

Just because there hasn't been an update every day recently does not mean that things aren't being worked on. You never know TMQ could be implemented in an hour or maybe not until next year some time? It's exciting :D

I'd say play the game for a few hours to see if you like it. I'm an old player from Taiwan and am enjoying myself thoroughly if you don't like the idea of losing your progress then i'd suggest saving the forums into your favourite bar or something and check back every now and again so you know when things are ready :)

• You realise in the last 2 months we've had the Adult Quest, Masterclass, UD 1-6, BID1, script fixes, Stability issues, Extra channels added, Skill fixes, Dark Devil Event implementation, Tier 2 Dragonballs Event activated and many quest fixes alone.

Just because there hasn't been an update every day recently does not mean that things aren't being worked on. You never know TMQ could be implemented in an hour or maybe not until next year some time? It's exciting biggrin.png

I'd say play the game for a few hours to see if you like it. I'm an old player from Taiwan and am enjoying myself thoroughly if you don't like the idea of losing your progress then i'd suggest saving the forums into your favourite bar or something and check back every now and again so you know when things are ready smile.png

That's what i was trying to say that you really don't know, i personally couldn't see the open beta being implemented soon tho there's still a lot that needs to be done...

• That's what i was trying to say that you really don't know, i personally couldn't see the open beta being implemented soon tho there's still a lot that needs to be done...

Yup i agree. it's probably going to take at least half of next year too. People don't realise that all the coding is being done from scratch and it's really really hard.

I do however don't think that it shouldn't deter anyone from logging on and trying the game out :) you can get to level 70 fairly easily. i have got to level 67 by the time i've run out of available quests on 3 characters now and enjoyed my journey on each. Most of the quests work up until you hit the south porunga rocks map but the ones that do work give you around 30k EXP per clear on average, wonderful :)

It'll be fun trying out and helping the game develop by experiencing sometimes funny and new bugs that arise but if you want to play just for old times sake or just to enjoy yourself then i say go ahead, can always change your mind and come back later if you don't like it :thumbsup:

• yeahhh i say it's worth it. lets you experiment with different things in drastic ways since theres gonna be a wipe. get to see what skills, hair, face, whatever -- that you really like. so when official comes ..-- its official. you already know what you want :p

atleast, thats how i see it o_o

• Well if you decide not to join the game, hang out in the forums from time to time or join the discord chat if you still want to be in touch with the game during this stage of the development. :D

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!