<Community Thread> Community Manager - Let's Talk!

• As silly as it sounds, I'm not the previous community manager and I posted this to get in touch with you, and be open with my first objective as a recently appointed CM: to improve communication.
    If you re-read my post, I never said anything about events or anything like it. I'm sorry I disappointed you but to be honest your expectations were based on what the previous CM and not what I wrote about me. I never intended to pursue the same path as previous CM, but rather first focus on 1 thing and then stimulate the exchange with the community.

I would have love if someone came to me and said: "Hey, are you going to do events like previous CM?", but hey you still brought up the subject, so thank you very much. I'll post another topic to propose ideas and listen to you guys (maybe a poll) so as to organize it.

Event Suggestion(Event that every level can participate in) the rewards are effy and also up to daneos w.e

These also are event that got hosted way back on dbocom for the HK server, these events can be some starter idea to flesh out better event you can have with the community in the future.

Event #1: In-Game Race
    Prize: idk any type of mount from cash shop

greencar.png

For this event, participants will need to travel from the Human starting location in Yahhoi West to the center of the main village of Karin's Forest. However, to keep things fair, there will be a few rules:

• Only level 1 Human characters will be allowed to enter the races
    • Participants will not be allowed to use any forms of teleport or speed boosts (apart from the buses that run along the road)
    • Participants may only win a single prize from this event

If you already have a character that's past level 1 or isn't a Human, you can still enter a race by creating a new temporary level 1 character.

Click here to view a map of the path from the start point to the finish point
    Note: You don't need to follow the path above exactly as it's shown. You're free to get to the finish however you see fit, as long as you don't break any of the rules. If you want to take a dangerous route that cuts through mob infested areas or climb over the mountains you can do that. Using the buses that travel along the road and mailing your level 1 character enough Zeni to pay for the bus fees is also allowed.

To enter a race, you must be at the starting zone on (insert channel) before the race begins (it's recommended that you arive at least 5-10 minutes early).

The winners for each race will be those who arrivate at the finish line before everyone else. However, prizes will not be given out at that time. Instead, prizes will be distributed at a later date.

Event #2: In-game Scavenger Hunt
    Prize: 1x 50 brown boxes or w.e up to daneos or chest keys if the chests can become drop-able again

goldkeybox.png

How to win: For this event, I'll be hiding a character somewhere within the game world. I'll give a few hints about where he's hiding, and it will be your job to try and find him.
    Example on Hints:

• I'm a level 2 Namekian
    • I'm in Channel 1
    • I'm in the Yahhoi West Zone
    • I'm standing next to a peach tree
    • I'm in the western half of the zone
    • I see some dogs
    • I see a windmill
    • I'm not on the ground
    • I see a Popo stone

The winners will be the 10 participants who find the character first.

Event #3: DBOG screenshot contest
    Prize: 1x z32 Slot Bag (Permanent) presented to each of the 10 winners or W.E this up to daneos aswell

24slotbag.png

For this contest all you need to do is take an in-game screenshot. The screenshot can be of anything or anyone (forum rules do apply) and doesn't necessarily need to be from the DBOG of DBO. If you'd like to touch your screenshot up a little bit in an image editor you're free to do that, but only just as long as the final product is still more screenshot than photo-editing wizardry.

The creators of the 10 most popular screenshots will all win a prize.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!