<Community Thread> Community Manager - Let's Talk!

• Hello community,

As some of you know, I was appointed Community Manager a week ago. This decision was taken after some discussion in the forum on how the DBOG team communicated and informed you guys on our work and the development progress.

I decided to write a hopefully not-so-big chunk of text (in 4 parts) to let you guys know some important things you should know to improve the dialog and try to work together on this. This will also help the new wave of players that recently joined us because of the recent exposure of the server due to popular streamers.

I. The DBOG Team

The DBOG Community is diverse and gathers new players as well as experienced ones from TW, HK and KR DBO servers. However, not everyone knows who is behind the team that is bringing back Dragon Ball Online in the form of a private server.

• Administration and Development

Daneos is the DBOG Admin and Developer of this server. He is the one behind all the coding and programming and the one that started this project. For security reasons, he works on his own and does his best to set everything to have a full game as soon as possible.However, he isn’t alone on this. There is a volunteer team that helps as much as they can with different actions and chores in order to bring you back this game.

• Moderation

Their main role is to keep the DBOG Forum and the DBOG Server Chat on Discord as clean and civil as possible. They are in touch with Daneos and are your main contacts if you have any questions, doubts or complaints. These “Blue Dogs” – as some like to call em - should be able to solve your problems most of the time, and when they can’t, they will let Daneos know and we will make sure to give you an answer as soon as possible. The head of Moderators is Kirito: we currently have around 10 mods.You can find em right here: http://forum.dboglobal.to/index.php?team/Do not hesitate and contact em directly if you have any question, they might take some time to answer but be sure they will do their best to help you.

• Translation

You can guess what they do right? As most of you know, DBO was never released in the Western countries and thus never got an English version. There are different teams working on different languages (English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian…) to improve everyone’s playability, no matter which language you speak! It isn’t easy to translate a whole game, and they also re-do graphic elements of the game (TMQ Manga pages for example) to give you a fully translated experience.We do not have a page with their contact names as their work is different, but you can contact Mod Gokusama as he is the one that organizes most of the teams. If you can help translate, go ahead and contact him, he’ll be glad to explain what you should do in order to join us!

• Bug Tracking

The Pre-Open Beta (POB) server is open for everyone, but before adding new content or updating it there is a team that tracks bugs and errors in a separate Development server (DEV). Their role is to test updates to reduce the number of errors you find when testing the POB server. While there is a Bug support section to report em, if you ever find a critical bug that could be exploited I strongly suggest you PM or contact a Moderator on this matter. They will then contact the Bug Tracker team in order to test in DEV and help Daneos understand how to solve the issue as fast as we can.

• Community Manager

Yeah, that’s me. I’m also a moderator, but I’ll inform you on most of the News Daneos want to share on a daily basis. He’s busy working on development and we thought it was necessary to guarantee a better communication with the community. This will help him focus on what he does the best and in the long term will allow us to get a full game sooner rather than later.

You can contact me on:
    Discord: Aru#7408
    DBOG Forum (Private Message or Wall):
    http://forum.dboglobal.to/index.php?user/23603-arubaru/
    DBOG Mail: [email protected]

• II. The DBOG Server

We have been in POB server since June 25th 2016, so around 9 months. Progress has been done, but we still have stuff to fix and content to add. The team I presented just now is working hard to get a full game, but you have to remember that the objective of a POB server – which actually is an OPEN alpha – is to have the community help us with development. You are testers as well, and your reports are valuable. There is a lot of players out there that report bugs, help new players and share their knowledge in order to improve the playability of DBOG.

Because this is a test phase, there is going to be a reset when we finally go to Open Beta. This will be the last reset and after that all progress will go on to full version. Even though many do not agree with it, it will allow for a fresh start with new characters that might store bugged data or that abused bugs during the POB server, giving them some kind of advantage.

III. The DBOG Community

That’s you! You are valuable to us and that’s we want to communicate better. There are 2 main channels to do so:

The DBOG Forum: https://forum.dboglobal.to
    The DBOG Discord Server: https://discord.gg/fQ4DBnv

We try to read everything you send us but as you can see there are plenty of you! That’s why we ask you to be as pro-active as possible. If you face a problem, bug or error:

• Check the forum: it’s very likely someone else posted about it, so do not double your post! Join the previous thread and add any detail that might help us out.

• Be as thorough as possible: If no one has posted about your problem, then go ahead and post or write about it on discord! Give us as many details as you can (screenshots, moment of bug, action that triggered it, really everything you have). If you do so, we’ll be able to help faster. If you happen to have a specific problem or if you inform about a bug in a private message, be sure to give us your account name and your character name (class and level also required for some specific bugs).

• Be patient: Once we receive the info, we’ll do our best to solve it on our own based on previous reports or bugs. We might take time, but we are on it. If we can’t solve it, we’ll go to Daneos and he’ll take care of the problem himself if required. This sometimes takes some time, so patience. That’s why 2) is also important, the more info you give, the less time you’ll have to wait for a solution!

• Help as much as you can: Sometimes we cannot answer all the threads nor all the questions on discord. If you see someone in need and you have the answer do not hesitate and help. There are many regular users that do as much or even more than members of the staff, and that is amazing because we are here to work together, not one for the others or vice versa.

Also, remember there is a Code of Conduct - Forum and Game Policies .

• IV.Current “Main Problems”

I believe most of you will be interested in the content of this section. Here I’ll try to mention some of the main problems that you and we’ve encountered and what is being done about em as we speak:

• Latest update bugs and errors

The latest update crashed the server and new bugs appeared since then. I know many of you are upset about it and might thing this was useless but I want you to understand that this was necessary because this important database update just showed some of the errors that we would have encountered later as he rewrote server codes in other updates. Once we get this fixed and back to some stability, development will probably go faster and newest content will come with less bugs to repair.

• Server and channels offline

Since the beginning of POB Daneos is the only one that takes care of maintenance and restarting server or channels. This will be done automatically (or in a more appropriate way) in Open Beta: now the focus and priority is development, not having a server ON all the time. If the server or the channels are down:-It’s because there is a maintenance or update, check the forum for info.-Something crashed a channel, all the channels or the server. Wait for Daneos to be online to restart it. There is no ETA on that so usually no use asking us when the server will be back.

I know you’ll understand that this is temporary and the server will be more stable in the future.

• Bots

We are currently taking care of botters, because they do not only use third-party software for their own benefit, but also destroy the economy of the game. Your reports are valuable as we cannot check 24/7 the server, if you have any report, contact Mod Gokusama with the details, he is in charge of this.

• Server economy

I know the server economy is upside down. Less bots will help, but it’s up to everyone to do so. People get greedy and put extremely high prices. We don’t want to interfere with the economy with max prices or anything, so we ask to do your part and do not be part of this. If everyone agrees to only trade or buy and sell with fair prices, greedy people will have to play the game.

I am sure there are other subjects that we have to discuss and solve (drop rate, legendary items, bugged skills, upgrade system, missing content…), but I wanted to address the ones that have been mentioned the most recently.

That is already a lot. Sorry for the long post, if you have any questions and SUGGESTIONS you know where to find me. For us - the DBOG staff - it is really important to have your feedback, so be sure to tell us what you think. As the title says: Let's Talk!

Cheers,

Aru :dpeace:

• atm the botting problem which is certain small group of people who have all the stones can control the prices for the stones. Its supply and demand if I have steady income of stones coming in from botting on multiple account every day I can control the prices of the stones because I have the majority of them which is also easier for me to control because of the shit drop rate daneos has for it, WHICH MAKES NO ONE ELSE WANT TO FARM FOR THE STONE THEMSELVES THEREFORE THEY BUY MY STONE AT WHATEVER PRICE I DECIDE BECAUSE THERE SO HARD TO GET AND NO ELSE IS GOING TO FARM FOR THEM. Its common sense, the longer the drop rate stay like this the worst it going to get and if you decide you wanna ban the botter and add game guard anti bot software and shit before the actually fixing the drop rate it will just make the price even worst because you basically cut off the supplier and no else is going to farm for the stones making it less stones in the auction house.

• atm the botting problem which is certain small group of people who have all the stones can control the prices for the stones. Its supply and demand if I have steady income of stones coming in from botting on multiple account every day I can control the prices of the stones because I have the majority of them which is also easier for me to control because of the shit drop rate daneos has for it, WHICH MAKES NO ONE ELSE WANT TO FARM FOR THE STONE THEMSELVES THEREFORE THEY BUY MY STONE AT WHATEVER PRICE I DECIDE BECAUSE THERE SO HARD TO GET AND NO ELSE IS GOING TO FARM FOR THEM. Its common sense, the longer the drop rate stay like this the worst it going to get and if you decide you wanna ban the botter and add game guard anti bot software and shit before the actually fixing the drop rate it will just make the price even worst because you basically cut off the supplier and no else is going to farm for the stones making it less stones in the auction house.

I know you are sick of the drop rate and you post repeatedly about it and I do not disagree with you about the need of changing it, but it isn't the only thing that determine the current economy. There are other elements apart from the bots and the drop rate, I never intended to say that bot issue was going to magically solve everything.

The U-Stones can "drop" from the Unknown Objects too.

• hi dude. So I'm not sure if this is where I can do this but I'm having a 'disconnected from server' problem and I don't know what's up. It started when I went back to the town you start in the game and I have yet another problem. None of enemies names are showing. They're all just 3 question marks(???)

Thanks I'm advance

• this is a great post dude! Thanks for let us participate in a more direct way.

About the server economy, is being really hard, im selling stones in a fair price, trying to buy a frew u70 green in a range of price betwen 45-50kk, but every one says " in AH cost 60kk so..." guys, thast start to bother me. Obviously i dont make trades with people like thoses, but its make you spend more time finding honest sellers.

Maybe a suggested price? i dont know something to show to the greedys ones...

• this is a great post dude! Thanks for let us participate in a more direct way.

About the server economy, is being really hard, im selling stones in a fair price, trying to buy a frew u70 green in a range of price betwen 45-50kk, but every one says " in AH cost 60kk so..." guys, thast start to bother me. Obviously i dont make trades with people like thoses, but its make you spend more time finding honest sellers.

Maybe a suggested price? i dont know something to show to the greedys ones...

Np, thank you for participating (not only you but everyone that already did).

I have to admit the economy problem is quite complex (just like irl hehe), but we are trying to acknowledge the full picture to act accordingly to the various problems the server has as we speak. I'll update and inform you guys once we have something more precise on this matter.

• Prices depend on Drop-Rate and avid people who want to make coins out of it. Just don't buy at high prices and don't think, that someone will pay thous prices.
    They get their Stuff inside the Auction and pay a high Fee for High prices, non' buy it, they lose their Coins by that. They open their Shops with such high prices, they won't sell a thing. It's up to us not to fall in to it.

• I agree with the idea of you shouldn't buy the high priced items as it promotes the idea to sell them at the stupid prices but the idea that the prices depends on drop rate is somewhat flawed. The drop rate for stones and such has been the same for a little over 2 months now but the price has been steadily increasing anyway.

Sure more of them will make then cheaper but it ill also lead to more people having higher + gear which will then be the next big thing people complain about that it's too easy to upgrade the gear.

I'm much more interested in getting the basics of the game working before anything already working needs tinkering with :)

Prices depend on Drop-Rate and avid people who want to make coins out of it. Just don't buy at high prices and don't think, that someone will pay thous prices.
    They get their Stuff inside the Auction and pay a high Fee for High prices, non' buy it, they lose their Coins by that. They open their Shops with such high prices, they won't sell a thing. It's up to us not to fall in to it.

• From what i've been told and spoken with him he is very experienced with Code and has run other private servers for other online games in the past. As he is the one coding that means he is the person in charge working out and implementing things to add or change on the server. Which means he is also the developer as he is he one making up the things being applied.

There are others who can explain it much better than me but that's a quick summary

I have a question ;
    I want to know if Daneos Is A Coder or A Devlopper ( He looks like A Coder ) BTW i realy like the post ^^

• I messaged Daenos about this last month but got no response, but i think you guys need to incorporate the community a bit more. And my suggestion was a simple events team. The events team member would host small events throughout the map. Could offer small prizes (Small enough to not effect the economy.) I've incorporated this ideas on 2 other MMORPGs and it worked great.

• The prices really are out of control. Thankfully, I keep managing to find people to sell me stones for reasonable prices. Just bought another one 5 minutes ago from a farmer for 8kk (u70 Blue fyi)

My point is, boycott the shitty prices if you have such a problem with em. No reason to feed into this nonsense; stones selling for triple actual price -.-

• From what i've been told and spoken with him he is very experienced with Code and has run other private servers for other online games in the past. As he is the one coding that means he is the person in charge working out and implementing things to add or change on the server. Which means he is also the developer as he is he one making up the things being applied.

There are others who can explain it much better than me but that's a quick summary

what i meant by Devloper is someone who can add many other thinks like C++ Devloping and do 3D dseigne so he can add new contenent that wasn't in TW SERVERS or was in code and didn't come to server

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!