Quest Dialog

• I was playing the other day and was kinda taken by surprise by how much dialog still needed to be converted. I'm not complaining by any means, I understand that it probably took a back burner due to more pressing matters.

I'm not here to gripe about this, but instead I wanted to offer some suggestions regarding this, just incase the translations themselves take longer than anticipated. Perhaps it would be enough to merely create your own dialog to cover the objectives. For most of the quests it is enough to see where your objective is, and go there and fight it. So maybe some dialog created to just cover that, rather than trying to translate the language that is already there.

Of course it would have to be done in character to help the story of DBO, but it's just an idea. Some of the quests have no hints in what they require. These are the ones that don't involve killing mobs. But rather, the ones that explain some of the games core systems. One such quest is the armorer. Eventually through enough deductive reasoning most of these can be figured out but some of them still elude me.

As a final note, it has occured to me that perhaps this issue has been dealt with already, and simply not implemented because the development server seems to be open to all countries. If that is the case I am sorry for wasting your time.

• It was said most of the translations are done (Overall game is 80% done) but haven't been implemented since the most pressing concern is getting the game 100% working. Of course, the translations are apart of that 100% but the major stuff (TMQs, TLQs etc) are the upmost concern right now xD

• A lot of translation are completed they are not updated on the client you are playing. Translations aren't server side so we can't just update it for you guys to see. It's all in the client.

As for quest translation we are working on finishing up quest item and quest objectives. As for quest text itself there is over 40,000 translation we have not done for the quest. It's quite a bit of effort for 3 people. So first we'll complete the necessary translation needed to play. Then we'll pretty it up afterwards.

However I shall make a thread for player who want to see the newer translation. Once I get some time.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!