Question about the server and all the updates

• So I'm new here, and just found out the game is being revived. Now, First of all, I do really understand that the server is offline, and I trust that its being worked on :)

What confused me, was back when I played DBO, its was a mostly complete game. Sure, a little buggy, but mostly complete.

I just wanted to ask something that occured to me while I was reading the general update thread. If the game was basically complete before it was shut down.....wouldn't it just be a "translation" job, for the most part?

I'm fairly new to this, so I do apologize if I ask something that has already been asked before, I was just a little confused.

EDIT: Oh, right while I'm thinking about it! I want to buy a founder pack, but since I work a seasonal job, I have no income right now, will they still be available in...oh say a few months? Also, could someone say, buy the Krillin founder pack, and then buy the SS founder pack to "upgrade" to that point?

• 1. No It is not fairly easy, we do not have NTL Dev Server file, the company that made the game. We are recoding it ourselves. So We started from a login screen, then character select 1 year ago.

2. Translation is actually alot harder because we aim to do it well not google translation. Thus there is a lot of text about 40mb worth once completed. Go to notepad and try to write 40mb worth of text and see how much it is.

3. Server may be open beta in a few months should just wait if you don't have the money.

• 1. My apologies, I was not trying to say you guys were not working, I've seen the list of all the different updates, and how much work has been done :). I assumed it was, quite literally, a "Server revival" I was not aware everyone was basically having to code your entire game, which is why I was so confused :)

2. Oh I do understand that as well, I've translated a couple of Japanese games on my free time, and its hard. See, going back to one, I had thought that the only thing that needed to be done was the translation, again did not realize the team had to recode EVERYTHING.

3. No way! Now that I know what you guys are all going through, I want to support the teams efforts, I'll find a way somehow :)

Thank you for taking time out to answer my questions :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!