Red Pants Training Fields

• Hello! While in the Red Pants Training Field area with two people, I noticed a few bugs I'll try to explain now.

1.) Line of Sight, this might be related to the larger ongoing issue I've heard about character/enemy locations not updating correctly on the server. But in the RP camp/instance, it becomes very easy to see. While LoS appears to work on us the player, aka if a wall is in the way or even a barrel prop. Your move will be blocked from going off. But the enemies appear to be able to not only spot you through the walls but attack through them leading to situations where you're getting attacked by something you can't hit back. Only amplified by the cc moves the enemies have.

2.) Respawn timers/amount, the NPC population here is massive! I think the area was designed to always have people in it, and clear a few mobs every hour. The issue is when anyone goes through it for the first time it's overfloaded with monsters. The Monsters mainly the named quest NPCs don't appear to respawn or at least take an extremely long time.

3.) Quests, it appears like all the quests giving you items for door unlocks/opening can bug. If you DC it appears like there is a good chance your quest item will disappear. The quest levers near the end that allow for doors to be opened appear to be un-triggerable sometimes for unknown reasons. Ch switching helps as the lever will work on some channels but not others we first noticed this on ch3.

Hopefully, this was helpful!

• It is helpful :D It's an old game and somewhat buggy in areas like enemies spotting and hitting you through walls, RR HQ for example. The respawn timers are a bit high as it can take a long while for mobs to come back which sucks xD The doors in places like RRHQ are like that. Its quite annoying so hopefully we'll address this in 2.0 sometime :D

• The line of sight thing is on our to do list, it doesn't specifically have to do with mob locations serverside. There's a pathing engine that's currently pretty buggy, and it's turned off serverside because we have so many channels. Once we flesh out the overworld and add more things for players to do in certain places, we'll turn it on and lower the number of channels, after we fix it.

As for respawn timers, we're planning on going through these and scrutinizing them with more detail once we balance the game. There are some open world dungeons where you can meet other players like in RP1, and there are others that are instanced. The open world ones tend to have shorter respawns for obvious reasons, but it can be daunting for new or solo players. Stay tuned, we'll be implementing a few mechanics to help out with solo play.

As for the quest items disappearing during a DC, I haven't run into that before. We'll look into it! The lever thing is probably just that another player pulled it recently, and the game isn't notifying you of that. It's on my to do list as well!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!