Dragonball XV2 Race transformations.

• I never wanted and will never want the Giant Namek as a transformation. I hate it so much, but that's just my opinion and I can understand why many people would like it.
    Yes, canonically speaking, Piccolo is referred to as a "Super Namek" after he becomes one again with Kami, I didn't intend to disprove that fact. What I was saying is, that making a normal transformation for the Namekians wouldn't be so difficult, they just need the guts to pull it out without risking to enrage the fanbase, and seriously? We're having all kinds of things with Heroes and Fusions, so why not a Namekian transformation for once? If not that, at least a power up. How are they supposed to balance out the Namekians? By making them tough? That would be fine with me, not original, but fine.

• I guess they should at least make them better than other races in their normal form so that they would keep up with the transformation,in DBXV everyone was saiyan.so balancing the races would make people use the other races.I'd say that they should make it like Hit in the 7th universe vs 6th universe,their only way to power-up would be through improving maybe making their stats boost more than other races when they lvl up.

• And that's the same problem that DBO has: by giving out more and more Super Saiyans, people will only play those races because of the obvious fanservice. They should have never given the Super Saiyan 3 in the first place, hell, even Super Saiyan 2 in the first Xenoverse was a stretch(and once again, I have nothing personal against this, I'm just stating an opinion, I'm not randomly hating on SSJs). It's like those people who ask for Super Buu model for Male Majins because they hate the fact that he's fat, when they don't even know WHY it's that way and they just care about playing the game. Much more to those already prepared to throw out the classic "Cmon man, it's just a game", I respond by simply stating that THAT doesn't solve anything.
    Enough with my rambling, I'll just be glad if the game comes out without any sort of connection problems, that was a serious matter too.

• And that's the same problem that DBO has: by giving out more and more Super Saiyans, people will only play those races because of the obvious fanservice. They should have never given the Super Saiyan 3 in the first place, hell, even Super Saiyan 2 in the first Xenoverse was a stretch(and once again, I have nothing personal against this, I'm just stating an opinion, I'm not randomly hating on SSJs). It's like those people who ask for Super Buu model for Male Majins because they hate the fact that he's fat, when they don't even know WHY it's that way and they just care about playing the game. Much more to those already prepared to throw out the classic "Cmon man, it's just a game", I respond by simply stating that THAT doesn't solve anything.
    Enough with my rambling, I'll just be glad if the game comes out without any sort of connection problems, that was a serious matter too.

I agree to the fact that ssj3 is a bit too much if, in fact, the game was more identical to DBO as far as the story goes. The saiyans in DBO, as you know, are mostly human. They have very little saiyan DNA which is why it makes sense to need the dragons help to unlock ssj. As for the other characters, I assume they do the same for them to make it more fair for all races? Anyhow, the transformation mechanics will be different in XV2. XV1 was just a base for them to improve upon. It will be more balanced than the first. That is why they do not currently have any plans to implement ssjg for custom characters, because it would imbalance the game. <that was from the developer himself. So, I can imagine that if he is worried about imbalancing the game then it must be fairly balanced for the most part in its current state. Apparently, your characters transformation depends on how much ki you have. So, depending on that, you could go ssj or jump straight to ssj3. Word on the street is that all races have multiple transformations. We will just have to wait and see. We should definitely know before the game is out. They give us new teasers regularly.

• Evolutive, to be fair, the Nameks were already tanks in XV1. So I can easily see them just making them more tanky to offset a power boost from other races.

As far as SSJ3 is concerned, it's a non issue.We know you don't get unlimited ki anymore from SSJ. We know that SSJ1 and 2 seem to not drain your energy, however SSJ3 does (slowly, but if you watch the recent videos, you can see SSJ3 drains ki). We also know that no matter which from, SSJ1-3, getting hit and hitting others gives you no ki back. So you now have no choice but to use charge super, or decend once your ki is empty, unless you intend to fight without super moves for the remainder of the fight.

So where balance is in question, it seems like they've done a lot of work to fix the issues of the previous game in regards to balance and character customization. Like Evolutive said, the real question is about the connectivity issues. I understand that XV was the best selling DBZ game to date, so they had no idea how many players to expect on Day One last time... Hopefully they have learned from that mistake, time will tell.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!