"Legendary" Dogis and How to Get Them

• Okay so as we all know there are some dogis that are either event-exclusive or super, f**king expensive to craft. *glares at the WP button* Here's my question to all of you: what's the point in getting these kinds of dogis? They're no different from every other dogi and you can more or less sell all of them at AH. There's really nothing worth spending all that time and money just to get a dogi that you can just as easily lose with bad luck and a dogi ball.

My suggestion is this: make a bunch of dogis craftable like in old DBO, but instead of having to buy the materials you have to farm, tackle dungeons, and such to find them. Of course, you'll need the recipe first. Probably could put that on Cash shop or something for a cheap price that $5 can cover (Seriously if you can go out and get a burger for around that price then you shouldn't complain) or something. Some can even be event exclusive like the Santa dogi. Anyway, once you have the recipe you're good to go. No more need for Cash Shop, which comes to the second part.

Instead of being able to buy the materials required for making this dogi, you would need to hunt for them. Farm, UDs/TMQs, events, whatever. The point is that you'll need to work for them. No buying the materials from Auction House because the materials would be bound and thus can't be traded. If someone else wants your dogi, they'll have to put the same amount of work you did into getting it, and like the materials you can't trade or sell the dogi. Once you make it, it's yours and yours alone.

So now comes the question "what's the point of doing all of this for a dogi?" Well besides bragging rights, these dogis can come with passive effects that are unique to them. Each dogi can have buffs that benefit your character in some way, but to insure that this doesn't turn in Xenoverse these buffs can be helpful to all races and classes (like a dogi that boosts CON and FOC by x amount for example). The kicker of this is that these buffs don't get overridden by using Dogi balls, so you can make your dogis powerful while keeping that extra bonus. As for what dogis should be done like this, let's try and keep it to most of them. That way you can have your character look the way you want without missing out on the benefits.

• I agree that some dogis shouldn't be in the Cash Shop and they should be craftable (like they originaly were). That way people can have more goals ingame, hence the game will have more longevity.
    The bonuses sound attractive but we all know that people will still whine about this and want bonuses on other dogis too (apart from dogi ball).
    The whole suggestion is good but it has some flaws, like the mats can't be sold at AH. Some people can't spend alot of time on a game, also the time schedules might be different from their guildmates and I don't think that everyone would go in a random pug for CC,dungeons and TMQs. So I believe that the mats should stay public but the recipe and the dogi bound.
    Also getting (let's say) 15 CON from a dogi + the dogi ball effects, will overpower your character. And what if that dogi is ugly and you don't like it that much? I wouldn't want to wear the Santa Dogi in the summer, even if it had great bonuses :P
    I hope that you get my point.

I can say that it has a chance to survive, if some extra work was put into this ;)

• Thanks for pointing out the flaws. I can say that I forgot to take the timezones into consideration and thus agree that the mats should be public obtainable.

As for the effects, I was thinking more in terms of small bonuses instead of big ones. However, I can agree that this can make the dogi overpowered and that sometimes you'll want to switch things out from time to time.

But again, thanks for pointing out the flaws as well as complimenting the idea by saying it has a chance to survive. I will try and continue to work on the idea to make it more appealing while retaining balance.

• BlazingBarrager: "so as we all know there are some dogis that are either event-exclusive or super, f**king expensive to craft"
    --> we don't.
    At least, I didn't ! :P How does it work ? Is there a thread about crafting dogis ?

I'm referring to the WP dogis, which required you to earn Wagu Points (via cashing), getting the recipes for the dogi and its materials (via cashing), and getting the materials to craft the dogi (via cashing or, if you're lucky, AH).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!