Posts by Takaroku

Yes, that's exactly what people want, because people have lives. Nobody has time to devote hundreds of hours to a piss poor game. If a game is stupidly difficult to the point where you'd have to devote your life to it, it'll die. Its history repeating itself, plain and simple. just look at the current status of the game? Once again ruled by foreigners who hack/bot/cash to dominate the metagame, while honest hardworking players are punished by an unfair system. Just look at the comment above: Wastes 150 boxes to no avail, and you expect players to keep up with such a piss poor system? Either the game changes, or it dies. If it can't adapt, then the game dies.

A true mmo is a good game. DBO is not. That's why it died. That's why nobody remembers it. Thats why it was never brought to america. KRMMO's are roguelikes that have a short time, and whose existence is supposed to be for commercial gain. Elder Scrolls Online is a true mmo. World of Warcraft is a True MMO. These are both games that don't demand you devote your entire life to them, by offering methods to improve without having to demand 100's of hours of grinding. Its one thing for a game to provide 100's of hours of content spent in the form of pvp, dungeons, raids, etc. Its another thing for a game to lack these elements, and to "feign" a better experience with its mediocre content by arbitrarily lengthening the grind.

If you're so easily entertained by mindless activity, why not spend all day watching paint dry? Is that a fun rewarding experience? Having to do nothing all day for the mild satisfaction of having painted a stupid wall? That's what DBO Is. It has no content, so it forces 100's of hours of grinds to reap the most "gameplay" out of what little content it does have. That's how KRMMO's work. That's why they die off.

Well I know a few still going strong because the grind is worth it in the end. Here in dbog there is no endgame except for to do budo, sell gear and items for cash or just screwing around. There is no incentive. Used to be better back in the original. Grind was somewhat worth it and not everything was bundled up the ass.

And you say have a life, dbog is definitely not the game to have a life unless you cash big time. Others games do a better job of that, there is no way you can make dbo easy and expect it to survive. See how well it’s suriving now? It’s on an Respiratory machine gasping for air because there is nothing to do atm, and it’s gonna be that way until winter. The game will surely die.

Damn people just want this game to be easier than it already is. I suggest you go back to Xenoverse or something, don’t know what a true mmo is. It’s supposed to be time consuming but rewarding. We have time consuming here but none of the rewards. Plus it’s too easy to upgrade and do everything in the game. If people were smart they would just farm and sell gear to make back their money from the time the wasted.

Meh I’m sick of this anyway, Daneos doesn’t seem to care at all.

nah.

Everyone asked for Bot Check, even I suggested to be back, but Daneos thinks that isn't needed since it isn't added.

Mairiyo you made point there and I wonder what suggestions you have that should be made soo that this old shit DBO would adapt as Elsword and last longer? Please do suggest.

I can give some suggestions too since elsword is my main game right now. Just I don’t feel bothered to because nothing has been looked over yet in these threads.

and yet Its one of the greatest mmorpgs out there, with people who've been playing it since its release in 2014, and I still find brand new experiences. I have hundreds of hours invested in it, and players with thousands still have reasons to play. You can argue that its "no effort", but fact of the matter is that players who play ESO are actually having fun and being rewarded for their efforts. Because the game designers recognize that fun gameplay isn't about acquiring loot, its about using it. Getting end-game armor is only half the battle, recognizing the best builds for each dungeon, class, pvp scenario is what's necessary, constantly improving the quality of your gear even after you obtain a decent set. Skill is rewarded more than anything: A crappy player with the best armor will never beat a good player, and you don't have to grind for literally hundreds of hours to get good loot.

At the end of the day, we have two gaming experiences: One that's fun to play and offers thousands of gameplay hours and endgame content in the form of 25+ dungeons, 6+ raids, 10+ full sized continents to explore all with their own interesting and unique quests and environments, hundreds of armor sets to collect, dozens of combinations of classes to play all with their own niches, none of them are useless, and one gaming experience which is just dead.

You can argue against me, but you can't argue away the success of ESO and the death of DBO

Nah I’m not arguing with you lol, dbo is destined to die. Don’t take this so seriously man. Daneos clearly doesn’t hadn’t put any effort to comment on these important threads, I stopped caring like a month after the game launched officially.

If you consider mindnumbing grinding sessions lasting for literal hundreds of hours "gameplay", then you ought to be easily entertained by paint drying for all the difference it makes. In the time it takes to level one character to cap, I could easily make several alts for Elder Scrolls Online, level them to 50, equip them all with decent end-game gear, and STILL have 50 hours of pvp/dungeon finding/gear searching to do. Even after that I'd have hundreds of hours to level up my crafting, constantly make gold to buy and upgrade recurring armor upgrades, etc.

The fact that you have to admit that this game would struggle and die unless you spend your entire life in your basement is proof that this game offers no reasons to play it.

Time and again, we have players object to criticism by literally arguing that demanding cash to have fun or wasting hundreds of hours of your life doing nothing but grinding is good game design. Obviously these players don't speak for the majority, which is scary considering they seem to be the vocal minority. Ie: Everyone's gone, this game is dead.

This is possibly the most braindead, easy, no effort grinding you can ever find in a game.

The only reason people argue against you is because they don't want the game to die!!! We're on the same side ya know! But as it is, even if any of the solutions anyone provides are half-decent, unless the moderation team considers them, we're basically wasting our breath. The death of this game will be due to an indifferent mod team, above all else.

Oh just wanted to speak on this, look at where we are now. Dead game in less than a year.

It’s seems like a pretty obvious choice. If he would have used a security system to prevent all this from the get go we’d be in a much better state. Along with some moderation from the gms. We definitely do need a NON BIAS balancing team though, to say the least. Though that’s hard to find.

The cap won’t but you have to find other things to do. What will do when you cap? Sit around on plat doing nothing? Gear up so you can handle the next cap no prob. Game is dead though atm but that shouldn’t stop you.