Posts by IfritLeonheart

Hey everyone,

So, as the title may say, I'm a potential returning player to DBOG, but I've been wondering a few things. First and foremost, please keep your meme answers to yourself. I'm looking for actual answers to my questions. Secondly, don't start a flame war about 'huehue DBOG is dead. Kappa LOL GET LAID find girlfriend' or any other BS like that. Let's keep it civil, folks. I've been wanting to play this game again maybe with a friend or two, but I'm wondering if this game is still lively enough to warrant that. Lively not just in community and player base, but lively also in the fact that this game is still being worked on. I saw that a server wipe was being planned back in late April. Has that already happened, or is it still going to happen? And if so, when will it happen?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Personally I think the best solution for is this is one of three things. And I know this isn't a suggestion thread, or takes part of the suggestion subforum, but I figured I'd leave in my bit here. Personally, I don't mind the fact that you now have to farm for Dragonball Mobs, not at all. After all, in an MMO farming and grinding is part of the experience of leveling. The one thing however that I can see, is that not all classes are farming or PvE based classes in its entirety. For that reason perhaps my first solution would be the best. Rather than making Dragonball Mobs visible and killable by everyone, why not try and alter the system so that instead it's client based. Sure, you can make it so that some Dragonball Mobs are visible and killable by everyone, but why not make it so that some mobs only the player can see from their perspective, just like modded Dogis and such. This would make Dragonball hunting a bit easier, and less tedious. Because right now, with a playerbase of 5000+ people, it'll be next to impossible to find Dragonball Mobs or unused areas this late in the level cap.

My second solution is to revert to the old system, however add it so that the amount of Dragonball Mobs that spawn is a lot greater. This way people won't necessarily have to steal Dragonball Mobs from each other, which is quite rude and can get very annoying and tedious during the later hours of the Dragonball hunt, especially the one during the evening/afternoon. This way, while the spawn rate of the mobs would be easier, the drop rate can stay the same. This may make getting things like Super Saiyan, HTB2 and the Dragon Buffs quite easy, but it would be a win-win for the community in the fact that no one would honestly complain about it either.

My third and final solution is to keep the current system in play, but maybe it so that the spawn rate of a Dragonball Mob is upped from 20% to at least 50% or even higher. This'll, much like the second solution, make it far easier for everyone to at least be able to spawn in Dragonball Mobs, while also being able to farm with parties, guilds, friends, etc. Personally I'd like this option the best, as it tells players that, rather than flying around and trying to find Dragonball Mobs like they do now, to find friends and start farming for Dragonball Mobs together and try to get Dragonballs that way.

A friend/guild mate of mine did the last option, farming in one location, and we saw how many players came by trying to steal the Dragonball Mobs that we worked hard for to spawn in, stealing them for their own kills to try and get Dragonball Mobs. Now, while I understand that farming is annoying and tedious at times, especially if the Dragonball Mob spawn rate is so low, and the Dragonball drop is quite low too, it becomes RNG within RNG. So, my suggestion/solution for this is to go for the second or third option. Maybe a mixture of the two to make things less aggrevating when it comes to actively farming for Dragonballs for Super Saiyan, HTB2 and the Dragon Buffs.

Seeing you play both as a Shadow Knight and Dark Warrior would you mind sharing your build that you use for your Shadow Knight. I'm thinking more about playing a Shadow Knight for PvP reasons, as my main currently is my Turtle Hermit, which is already strictly a PvE based class, and I think to have two PvE classes would be a little bit silly. Also, if you do post your build, would you mind explaining why you chose what you chose? As well as potentially making a level 45/55/60 and final build for every level cap? I'm sorry if this is asking too much of you.

Whenever the level cap gets raised, please keep a free spot for AxingQuestions. (Yes, the name is a pun that I made, because I wanted to make a Shadow Knight). So, I'll be online on that for the time being to try and level him up until the level cap of 45 over the next couple days/weeks until eventually the level cap has been reached with him. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

I may end up joining as an alt character, if that's cool with the folks in the guild. Currently I'm still deciding what class/subclass I want to pick, so, we'll have to wait and see for when I join the guild. Aside from that, the guild looks very promising, and I'd love to see what the guild members are made of and how amazing they are. Also, FusionFall was an amazing game.

So, to keep a long story short, I'm looking for a character to use as an alt to my Turtle Hermit. Currently with the level cap of level 45 still in play I'm planning on spending time working on an alt character that I can play with for whenever I don't feel like playing my Turtle Hermit, or for whenever I reach the levelcap and thus can't really progress anymore aside from gearing up until for when the level cap gets increased.

My question for this is, what class should I use? Currently I have a level 20 Namekian, but I'm stuck whether I should go for a Shadow Knight (which was my first decision), or whether I should go for a Dark Warrior rather than a Shadow Knight. However I've also seen the things that an Ultimate Majin can do in PvE and a little bit in PvP, so, my choice is between those three. Help me decide what alt character I should make. For those that are experienced in these classes, plus give me some pros and cons for each class, a particular build to use (preferably a PvE build, but a Hybrid works just as well, just no strict PvP build) and tell me why you think that this class would be a nice pick for me to try.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

so he can't join if he isn't making a "Namekian or Buu" ? I hope you aren't a representative for that guild. It sounded kinda racist excuse me

A lot of things can come across as racist, but I assure you it wasn't meant as racist. As it stands the guild from my understanding has a lot of Humans currently in it. For the sake of variety for TMQs and UDs we prefer to allow Namekians and Buus to enter first, before allowing other Humans to enter. Don't get me wrong, I play a Human myself. Besides a racist mind is a racist kind, as the expression goes.

jvb2FDf.png

So, it all started a long long time ago, in a small place known as the Netherlands, where a young boy at the age of thirteen had learned of a game that was essentially a World of Warcraft version of Dragonball Z, one of his favorite childhood animes that he enjoyed the most. Due to his inability however to understand Taiwanese, and due to the limitedness of the internet back then he sadly figured he would never come to play the game. That was until years later, almost a decade so, he learned of this game known as Dragonball Online Global. He had talked about this game to his friend, who was also really into it for years at a time, wondering if it would ever be translated from Taiwanese to English. And there it was. He first started as a Spiritualist known as IfritLeonheart, before joining a guild in the Pre-Open Beta known as Undertale. Together with MarioWar and many others he made a Swordsman known as Beserker, which was to his mistake misspelled as well, before ultimately giving up on the fabled Swordsman, his interest in the game fading away after noticing his bad choice in a mostly PvE game. It wasn't until March 2018, when the game released in Open Beta that his interest sparked once more, now having joined a guild named Akasha, as the Turtle Hermit known as ZeAfroGentleman. His journey to reach level 70 is closing in, as he enjoys the dungeons together with his many friends within the guild. Will he reach level 70? Will he finally get good gear and be able to be of use in the dungeons and boss battles? Will he ever find all the dragonballs and ascent into a Super Saiyan? Will he finally find a comb for his afro? Find out in the next exciting episode of... Dragonball Online Global!

Do TMQ or UDs and grab any gear you find. For a full inventory of gear (or at least as full as you can get it) you can easily sell it to the merchants for in between the 15-20k depending on the level of the gear. And what's better is that if you get legendary gear with good stats on it, you can sell it at the auction house or other areas for a ton more. That's how I get my money. Just remember to pick up anything gear related from the ground.

If you're looking to join a guild, and plan on making a Namekian or Buu, try to contact Roli and join Akasha. So far the leaders have been mature, the players have been helpful, and overall the guild has a nice mature atmosphere (don't let that fool you, we're still a bunch of memesters at times). For now I believe the guild is closed for most Humans, because of the abundance of Humans we have.

Yeah, I'd go for Turtle Hermit if you really just want to do easy leveling and PvE. Once you get Turtle Hermit (and get passed that annoying RP HQ Ruins) you'll be on a highway to leveling quite easily. Plus for DPS a lot of people enjoy a Turtle Hermit in UD or TMQ rather than a Crane Hermit. So, what ever you prefer, I'd suggest going for a Turtle Hermit.

Perhaps after I've reached the needing posts I'll actually apply for this. Would love to get the Future Trunks Dogi. As Future Trunks is one of my favorite characters in the Dragonball Franchise.

If there's still an available spot left over in this guild, or in a subguild from it, I'd like to join with my current level 21 Martial Artist (Fighter in the making). If that's alright, I'll be online later today. My IGN is ZeAfroGentleman.

Might be interested in joining. If I can find the motivation to level up my Namekian up to level thirty. We'll see in the near future, my friend. ;) If I'm level thirty however I'll message either one of the three.

PAKahqY.pngThis is a bug I keep getting when I try to open up my DBOG.exe as an admin. Disclaimer: Sorry for the Dutch, I am Dutch after all. Not sure if this is a bug on my end, or if someone else has received this bug before. If they have, what have you done to fix it?