Should I go for swordsman or fighter?

• ahh the famous and well known question of which class should i play,this has been asked over and over since the dawn of time.

back in my day the first mmo i played was ultima online and that was in the late 90's,think it was 97 and yet that question was still asked around a lot hehe.

ok to be honest there is no right or wrong answer we can give you,atleast when it comes to ''fun'',if you're a min-maxer then yes certain classes are more OP than others but keep in mind that a class might be OP today but might be nerfed tomorrow so in my opinion that is the wrong way to choose a class.

now lets move on to the ''fun'' part,there are a couple of questions you need to ask yourself,if its a trinity based mmorpg (trinity as in there is a need for a healer,tank and dps for group content) you have to ask yourself what role you wish to fill,you like tanking well then you choose a tank,you like to keep your group members alive you choose a healer,if all you want is to drop the hammer and kill mobs then go dps.

once that question is answered you can focus on that specific class,tanks apart from some of the tanking mechanics are all the same and ditto for healers but if you choose dps there is a couple more questions you can ask yourself.

do i like to kill mobs using meleee atacks aka being close to the mobs or do i prefer to stay back and just nuke?

once answered that question you can take some classes off the list and now your list of classes to choose from is much smaller,now comes the final question....do i prefer direct damage or DOTS(damage over time)?

and with that you should easily find out what class you want to play,now keep in mind that these questions are only if you're not a min-maxer,if you're one of those then the best bet is to just visit the forums and read all the posts that say:

OMG THIS (INSERT CLASS) KILLED ME 4 TIMES,THEY ARE SOOOO OP PLZPLZ NERF NOWWWWW (PVP)

or

OMG THIS (INSERT CLASS)IS SOOOO OP,THEY FIRST IN DPS LIST PLZPLZ NERF THEY DO TO MUCH DMG (PVE)

the min-maxer thing also applies for pvp,but at the end of the day these games are all about fun,so with that in mind jus try both of them out and see with which one of them you enjoy the most,that answer my friend can only be answered by you.

cheers

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!