Authentication Error + Can't patch

• So I stopped playing Dbog for about a month, and when i come back, bam! Authentication Failure. I uninstalled, tried all four download links twice, and whenever I run the launcher, "dbo.exe. doesn't exist." I found an alternate download link some time ago and had another download file in winrar and decided to see how far that'd get me. Plot twist: If i download the updates, dbo.exe becomes corrupted, and i have to start from square one..... How the hell do I fix this? :cursing:

• same here mate....
    the problem is, this is not the first time
    and will not be the last if Daneos dont do anything about it....

if you do a quick search on the forum you will see that almost every "important" update on the game had at least 2 posts talking about that error on the forum, and....suprise suprise, daneos havent fixed yet....

i know that this is a open beta and sh!t....but this is a CRITICAL problem that had to be fixed LONG time ago...and if he indeed is trying to fix this, maybe he could tell that to us so we can at least have some hope of playing again :/

• Try to install the game, then save the DBOG.exe somewhere else (make sure your antivirus doesn't delete it)
    Then you patch the game and then you replace the patched DBOG.exe with the one you saved somewhere else.

Then try to launch the game

• Are you remembering to run the program as Administrator. it's a very common problem because people jsut don't bother running it in the mode they should be.

On another note this is a very important suggestion:

Try to install the game, then save the DBOG.exe somewhere else (make sure your antivirus doesn't delete it)
    Then you patch the game and then you replace the patched DBOG.exe with the one you saved somewhere else.

Then try to launch the game

Simply checking that your antivirus isn't deleting your files is a must. As the game was not designed for western audiences (it was only for asia) then the region files aren't recognized properly and antivirus will tell you it is a virus or straight up remove it for you. change your settings and then install it as well as checking your firewall allows it to run without objections :)

• Having the same problem altough In my end the launcher keeps updating and downloading the same 13 files that dont even seem to be downloaded anyway so I can't overwrite the DBOG.exe with another because the launcher overwrites it again.

Already tried putting exceptions on anti virus and firewall, etc. But nothing does it.

• Having the same problem altough In my end the launcher keeps updating and downloading the same 13 files that dont even seem to be downloaded anyway so I can't overwrite the DBOG.exe with another because the launcher overwrites it again.

Already tried putting exceptions on anti virus and firewall, etc. But nothing does it.

When you install the game and the files are installed have you removed the DBOGlauncher file from your desktop and then taken the DBOG.exe from your Install directory (usually in your programs files x86) and create a shortcut and put it onto the desktop.

also make sure that you set the whole DBO Global folder to have full administrative access. You can do this by right clicking and going to your properties and then changing your settings there and set all of your boxes to "allow"

Once you've done that just run the .exe that you made on your desktop and it should open without opening the launcher.

• I seem to be having the same error after doing all of this. Is there a new IP address to the server now? or is it the same one ending in 181?

I have no idea what the servers IP address is. As far as i know we have never had any reason to know or discover it.

Are you sure that before you've reinstalled it you deleted all of the folders DBO Global had created on your computer so that you avoid having them conflict?

• Yep.. Just double checked to make sure. i could reinstall -again-, but I don't think that's gonna work.

And the IP used to have to be changed in the configoptions.xml file to match the new server IP

Oh okay. as far as i know it just updates all of the files for you now except from the most up to date translation patches which can be added in easily anyway.

My advice would be to do just one more check on both mine and other peoples suggestions here, and then use the search bar function in this forum for the many other posts about these issues on here. You may have a solution there. If not feel free to come back here and post screenshots so that some other brain boxes will be able to pinpoint your problems.

• When you install the game and the files are installed have you removed the DBOGlauncher file from your desktop and then taken the DBOG.exe from your Install directory (usually in your programs files x86) and create a shortcut and put it onto the desktop.
    also make sure that you set the whole DBO Global folder to have full administrative access. You can do this by right clicking and going to your properties and then changing your settings there and set all of your boxes to "allow"

Once you've done that just run the .exe that you made on your desktop and it should open without opening the launcher.

Now I can launch the game perfectly fine but the Authentication error now pops out. I'm scared of bringing up the Launcher because it may set me back to zero.

EDIT: Indeed I was right, nothing a reinstall can't fix, but I don't know how to fix the Authentication error.

• Yeah, still Authentication Error

Hrm darn the only other thing i can think of is to ask you to check if you have one file for me please?

Go into your DBO Global folder, then open the file called "pack" then scroll down until you get to the files named "obj**.pak" the * meaning numbers. Can you tell me whether or not you have in that folder the file named "obj71.pak" seems to be a very common file that goes missing for some strange reason.

Just to be sure, open DBO Global > Open pack > look for obj71.pak

If it isn't there i can try to find a way to send you a copy, if it is indeed there then i rally don't know anything more on this subject. sorry

• When you install the game, just run the launcher and don't edit any settings and start the game. Is there still the authentication error?

If I run the launcher, the game overwrites the dbog.exe and makes it uncompatible and everytime I start the launcher it keeps downloading the same 13 files as mentioned in my original post, overwriting the .exe in the proccess. I get the authentication error when I haven't started the launcher at all and has the original dbog.exe.

Hrm darn the only other thing i can think of is to ask you to check if you have one file for me please?
    Go into your DBO Global folder, then open the file called "pack" then scroll down until you get to the files named "obj**.pak" the * meaning numbers. Can you tell me whether or not you have in that folder the file named "obj71.pak" seems to be a very common file that goes missing for some strange reason.

Just to be sure, open DBO Global > Open pack > look for obj71.pak

If it isn't there i can try to find a way to send you a copy, if it is indeed there then i rally don't know anything more on this subject. sorry

I do have obj71.pak, but I am missing other files that I have seen others have like for example update(r).exe who I've read that fixes alot of problems. I don't know if im missing other stuff.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!