Make SOL and STR useful again!

• lol Energy Swordman can only be good if you have OP weapons and even so it's still subpar compared to turtles. In my opnion MAs role in pve should be to help to kill bosses faster. Fighters are very good in this aspect due to their capacity of stacking Attack Speed but swordman is really useless in the current metagame. Heck, you are probably going to do more damage with a crit SHSN than MSS as well.
    To balance it out I think Daneos should revert it to the point when STR would give critical rate and DEX only dodge/resistance (this should make fighter/sm kinda even).

• lol Energy Swordman can only be good if you have OP weapons and even so it's still subpar compared to turtles. In my opnion MAs role in pve should be to help to kill bosses faster. Fighters are very good in this aspect due to their capacity of stacking Attack Speed but swordman is really useless in the current metagame. Heck, you are probably going to do more damage with a crit SHSN than MSS as well.
    To balance it out I think Daneos should revert it to the point when STR would give critical rate and DEX only dodge/resistance (this should make fighter/sm kinda even).

That's why this whole thread was made...because Daneos made it clear that STR will no longer be giving Crit. Hitrate :(

• It's too early to call Swordsmen "useless" compared to Fighters. We don't how it'll end up in DBO-G.

Dodge is worthless atm, resistance is still slightly off and doesn't cut debuff time like in retail, attack speed's bugged right now, and Kaioken may not have it's crit stacking abilities later in DBOG which severely nerfs needles.

Depending on how calculations end up Fighters could be one of the worst classes, due to being so reliant on RNGesus. They're not automatically destined for greatness because they were great in retail.

• It's too early to call Swordsmen "useless" compared to Fighters. We don't how it'll end up in DBO-G.

Dodge is worthless atm, resistance is still slightly off and doesn't cut debuff time like in retail, attack speed's bugged right now, and Kaioken may not have it's crit stacking abilities later in DBOG which severely nerfs needles.

Depending on how calculations end up Fighters could be one of the worst classes, due to being so reliant on RNGesus. They're not automatically destined for greatness because they were great in retail.

To add to this, their high FOC stat means their debuffs have a higher success rate like Intimidation. Sure that's really the only decent Debuff aside from Glaring Slash that Swordsman can use, but reducing an enemies hit rate by 37% can be gruesome to those who have low accuracy...like Fighters. This will definitely become apparent once skill accuracy has been calculated to FOC and DEX.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!