Why keeping this new crit formula would be a DBO disaster

• We all know by now the new critrate formula is not a bug. It was a conscious decision Daneos made. Maybe because he thought the default crit-rate was too high, maybe to nerf Kaioken, or maybe just to experiment. But the truth is, part of Daneos thought this might work. Without trying to come over rude, I just want to seriously put down why changing the critrate at all is a terrible idea.

It's because the ENTIRE game changes drastically because of this. Every game aspect, PvP, PvE, and every class, whether defensively or offensively, was designed around 1 crit being 100%. Changing this without changing the rest of the game is a design disaster. Let me name just a few examples that come to my mind.

• Moves that were a MUST to max before, such as "Roar", (gives some hitrate and 15 physical crit) are suddenly almost worthless. "Increase Critical Hit" goes from a Swordman's best to worst passive and is in no way worth investing. It's 17 critrate gives you 1.7% extra chance to land a critical hit now. Are you REALLY wasting 4SP on that?
    • The Basic stats DEX and FOC give completely negligible critrate now. You need 67 DEX/FOC to get 10 crit, AKA 1 measly critical chance percent.
    • Needles are nerfed to oblivion, making a Fighter's only remaining way to deal good damage(Since Attack Speed is broken) moot, killing off their class completely.

• Every DPS class is now even more redundant to take along in PvE teams. Without the crit multiplier, the damage gap between Support and DPS grows significantly smaller, and it becomes smarter to just take an extra support hybrid along instead.
    • UD/TMQ/CC bosses are going to take significantly longer to take down. And with DPS being even less PvE-usefull now, they'll take EVEN longer.
    • Tanky classes are going to be able to win through war of attrition now that their huge defenses and LP aren't challenged by crits. And without needing anti-crit, they can now wear even MORE Constitution gear.
    • All the crit weapons are now no longer worth getting, helping you deal more damage.....5 to 10% of the time. :thumbdown:
    • And the one I keep repeating...this all just makes the game more luck-based. And I think I speak for everyone when I say "screw luck"

If you want to nerf crits, simply lowering the damage of criticals would nerf Kaioken's PermaCrit strategy(though this isn't viable in ranked PvP anyways, so I'm not sure why it was an issue). It would stop the lucky instakills many people hate in PvP. And the damage multiplier would still work in a DPS' favor, who has stronger attacks and crits far more often. This keeps the game's class roles in balance. :dhandshake:

• That's exactly the same as I think ... why change something that was not bad ... I have a Level 70 Fighter ... before I hit semi-constant critics of about 28k I understand that many extremists will say that it is a lot and everything What they say out there but it is really little because many times or not came out or could not kill a mob of my level of a single skill .... now not only do not kill one of my level of a single skill but neither To mobs of 20 or 30 levels less than me ... now with my stick +3 with 25% of critic I met a critic about every 40 abilities ... the rest are pure skills that cause between 6.8k and 8.5k .... Based on this ... I want someone to experience what it should feel to be a fighter or a swordsman and have to level up 64 or 65 to 70 without being able to criticize and have to kill mobs 1 by 1 .... yes In itself is a martyrdom ... now must be horrible ....

I also think .... I think it is more important to think about repairing the defense than almost to cancel the critics and the CD ... which is something we are forgetting ... WHY? To download both the CD? Osea not criticism and no cd? ... is a bit extreme ... you can not kill with few skills and above you have to wait almost all the time the skill demands to reuse it ... I have 2 cd rings and an earring ... and my concentration skill To 2 ... and it seems as if I did not have anything ... I do not think it necessary to change those things ... that was not what the game had wrong ... maybe if the Ssj that took a lot ep and blabla but the Critical damage as it came was well calculated ... depended on how much you were willing to pay in auction for a weapon or how much you were willing to farmear to get what you wanted ... Your effort gave you what you needed or wanted ... not now Matter how hard you try or how much you spend ... it does not matter ... you do not do anything ...

• I feel like this is Okay for PvP but way bad for PvE.

That's exactly the same as I think ... why change something that was not bad ... I have a Level 70 Fighter ... before I hit semi-constant critics of about 28k I understand that many extremists will say that it is a lot and everything What they say out there but it is really little because many times or not came out or could not kill a mob of my level of a single skill .... now not only do not kill one of my level of a single skill but neither To mobs of 20 or 30 levels less than me ... now with my stick +3 with 25% of critic I met a critic about every 40 abilities ... the rest are pure skills that cause between 6.8k and 8.5k .... Based on this ... I want someone to experience what it should feel to be a fighter or a swordsman and have to level up 64 or 65 to 70 without being able to criticize and have to kill mobs 1 by 1 .... yes In itself is a martyrdom ... now must be horrible ....

I also think .... I think it is more important to think about repairing the defense than almost to cancel the critics and the CD ... which is something we are forgetting ... WHY? To download both the CD? Osea not criticism and no cd? ... is a bit extreme ... you can not kill with few skills and above you have to wait almost all the time the skill demands to reuse it ... I have 2 cd rings and an earring ... and my concentration skill To 2 ... and it seems as if I did not have anything ... I do not think it necessary to change those things ... that was not what the game had wrong ... maybe if the Ssj that took a lot ep and blabla but the Critical damage as it came was well calculated ... depended on how much you were willing to pay in auction for a weapon or how much you were willing to farmear to get what you wanted ... Your effort gave you what you needed or wanted ... not now Matter how hard you try or how much you spend ... it does not matter ... you do not do anything ...

100%CD was 100% is broken. Having the ability to perm stun someone or have a zero cooldown on giant kameha or any skill is OP
    100% CD = 70% now this is balanced.w

• Yes brother but it is better to put a limit ... to have to have 100% to then have 70% ... because if 70% was the limit could use a ring of cd and another ... whatever. .. however I have to have the 2 cd's earing and the ability to reach almost 100% that is equal to 70% ... if I have 70% I have 40% ... that's the unfair thing that you have to use a lot More than what you recive ... it is understood that the cd was a bit exaggerated in some cases ... And let's say the skills like kamehameha ... and that if they are a little broken it would be better that the damage in area Calculate different ... but you do not have to lower the amount of criticism you can draw .... because then you void those who are pvp or those who are fighters or swordsman ... I think Wonder majin and so ... .

I feel like this is Okay for PvP but way bad for PvE.

100%CD was 100% is broken. Having the ability to perm stun someone or have a zero cooldown on giant kameha or any skill is OP100% CD = 70% now this is balanced.w

• It is noteworthy that then if there is so little criticism ... why then use objects that give you more criticism or make you the highest critic? So what are they in the game for? ... also the anti-critical armor for what they are? Then the one who does not want to see them against him to put on an anti-critical armor ...

The current crit formula is just temporary fix to avoid 100% crit until I have a good one because the transformation attributes have been fixed.

Now everything makes sense :v

• We're opening a different can of worms, but....I don't see why the cooldown rate stats needed to be changed either. Just put the cap at 60%~70% and leave it at that. Now you need to wear much more cooldown gear for alot of combinations to work, which kinda sucks, especially for non-Martial Artists/Plasma Majins.

before you were able to get 0.0 on all skills for every class, that isn't balance. But yea that a different topic for another day. I'm interested on how daneos is going change this critical formula.

My suggestion would be to lower how high crits hits by a reasonable amount so that the 1 shoting, and increase the amount of anticrits you can have on a jacket the highest atm you can get on a legendary lvl 70 jacket 39%. Almost make STR, SOUL, and energy and physical crit rate equip ignore anti crit. Like how (1 dex = .0.5 resistance), 1 STR and SOUL = .0.2 ignore anti crit.

Something like that.

• omg you are a 2 months registert member here all of you thread are only for make the game bad

daneos change it back if you not noticed it

• Crit Rate calculation at kaioken has been changed. New crit rate calculation = dex * kaioken grade / 100.
    • Crit chance calculation is back to the old one. crit rate - crit def = crit chance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!