Dragon Ball Super - New Series!

• Yeah plus dbo isn't cannon and also 25% Saiyan is enough I think if not then that is BS

That's GT logic, plus, DBO is still canon, like, 1000 times more canon than GT, I don't know what are you talking about, unless Akira Toriyama says otherwise, or he kills someone important like Buu forever in Super or something like that.

Yup they can fly but after intense training unless you are freaking goku but.. He is a Saiyan

I'm pretty sure he did intense training in Kami-sama's temple xD

• I just paused the video, send a screen to friend and started to think about droping it. At the end I completed this episode, further animation were just like toei, save as much money as we can but at least failure animation from 5th episode didn't repeat. Still choreography sucked imo. The movies stays much better than this, maybe I'll enjoy this when they end up re-making movies.

• Loved DBZ as a kid but wasn't fond of GT, as an older guy will I like Dragon Ball Super? I find the tropes in DBZ kind of tiresome nowdays. (Lots of shouting and stretched out filler).

The filler was pretty controlled, especially when you compare it to other anime like Naruto Shippuden.
    They're really bastardizing the show with their filler EVEN THOUGH THE MANGA HAS ALREADY ENDED.

Steroids? B*tch please I eat babies, good for the bones!
    bloodlad-kamehameha-o.gif This gif has no relation the quote above.
    :grapeman2:

• I do not know how I feel about these series...
    Sure I grew up watching this stuff on tv, playing games based on this stuff (the reason why I am here is also because of this stuff) so i got hyped about it like a little kid again, but something is not right. I am talking not about that crappy drawing. Shit happens everywhere, we can forgive that.

What bothers me is that Dragonball Super might be nothing more but OP saiyan god festival, where all the other characters, who used to be cool at some point, will just stand there like a bunch of idiots and do nothing but make dumb comments on every single cool saiyan's or bad guy's move like some bad wrestling referees such as:
    "OMG! So much POWA"
    "He can win!"
    "Oh no,he can't win"
    "Goku where are you? We need you?"
    "What an Incredible POWA!"
    "We must buy some time until Goku comes"
    "I cannot sence his KI"
    "His KI is incredible!"
    "Goku we need you!"
    "He did it!"
    "No he didn't.. we're so f*ed right now!"
    "Goku where the f* are you?"
    "It's all lost"

Or worse. They might just stand with their mouths wide open and make these weird sounds like some horny animals during mating season.
    The beginning of Dragonball Super and 2 latest Dragonball movies already have this crap going. So far the only good thing about DBS is that it deletes DBGT. And thank God.

Quick question :?: :
    Am I the only one in the world who prefers Dragonball over Dragonball Z?
    It was less growling and laser beams, but more actual fighting and everyone was kind a there, being useful.... :(

• And wasn't Dragon Ball just OP SSJ festival since the Cell saga? The last time we saw a not SSJ character being badass and useful was Piccolo, vs Imperfect Cell and N17 later.
    Also, I don't think Krillin, Yamcha, or anyone else could be of any help anymore, against a god I mean, but who knows, the Universe 6 saga can have a lot of surprises.

And wasn't Dragon Ball just OP SSJ festival since the Cell saga? The
    last time we saw a not SSJ character being badass and useful was
    Piccolo, vs Imperfect Cell and N17 later.

I think we watched different versions of DragonballZ. I remember this:

Also, I don't think Krillin, Yamcha, or anyone else could be of any
    help anymore
    , against a god I mean, but who knows, the Universe 6 saga
    can have a lot of surprises.

That's the point. They all suck now.
    dragonball-cardboard-1.jpg
    Good times before the start of OP saiyan festival.

And wasn't Dragon Ball just OP SSJ festival since the Cell saga?

It wasn't. Well some characters were weaker but they weren't that much outclassed

They all fight Cell JR's almost equally.

Akira San wanted to end Dragonball story with Gohan being the strongest warrior, leaving him his father's role of Earth's protector.
    If you look at the story from saiyan saga till the very end of Cell saga, you will see that Toriyama was building everything for Gohan, but other characters also had their spotlights. Even characters like Jajirobei, who despite of being coward, cut Vegeta's tail.
    Everyone had a chance to do something useful.

Now look how Buu arc is almost completely different, with only Goku and Vegeta being able to do something, other characters didn't even had a single fight. Even Gohan, who was the strongest warrior (Mystic Gohan) "had to die" and leave everything for Goku. Akira was almost forced to continue story after Cell Saga. That's how OP saiyan festival was born. Blame stupid fanboy's and greedy studio.

• Not strictly true, Krillin and Yamcha have a (pointless) fight with Kid Buu in Otherworld. Krillin even managing to remember he can use the Kienzan

Well yeah, man, but you got my point :D

What could really save Dragonball title is a new, completely fresh series set in a new timeline(DBO/DBXENO story is good enough)
    with different characters (maybe some old character cameos). Fresh start would be a far far better thing good thing than repeating that annoying formula: Bad guy comes -> New Transformation For Goku = GG

Someone needs to raise that bar.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!