Best games of the current Generation

• In this thread, list which games you think are the cream of the crop of this generation. PC games still count as long as their release coincides with the beginning of the current console generation.

For me:

#1 Xenoblade Chronicles X:

Spent over 250 hours in this game while playing on nothing besides the Wii U gamepad (didnt have a TV at the time lol). This game is THAT addicting. So much freaking shit to do, such a huge immersive world to absorb yourself into. So much rewarding gear/ skill/ cosmetic progression! \(^o^)/ This was the only game able to curb my intense hunger for DBO after waiting 3-ish years since TW shut down.

Xenoblade X is hands-down, the best single player "MMO" ever made. Graphics that blow your mind considering it was on the underpowered piece of trash Wii U. Extremely diverse and beautiful musical compositions back up the vast, imposing overworld and high risk, high reward battle system. This game was so incredible it shits on pretty much every other game I played not only in the current generation, but in the previous one too! Meaning Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3, Ds, Psp, Vita, 3ds, Ps4, Xbone, and PC haven't offered me anything quite as satisfying as this game.And believe you me, I have played a hellava lot of games over the past two gens. Last game, chronologically speaking, which released that could compete with Xenoblade X, in terms of overall quality, was Shadow of the Colossus in 2005.

c77a85ad.jpg

#2 Forza Horizon 3

Pretty much the best racing game I have played other than Mario Kart: Double Dash and Diddy Kong Racing. Forza Horizon 3 was a breathtaking experience from beginning til end. This is a visceral racing game with a GORGEOUS open world just waiting to be pierced through at blistering speeds. The progression system in the game is insanely rewarding, allowing you to allocate as many resources as you want to purchase whatever car suits your fancy. Grinding for cash is a process which would be monotonous as hell in other games, but here, every grinding session feels amazingly enjoyable. This is coming from someone who finds it downright painful to grind in MMOs like DBO or Tera for example. Forza Horizon 3 offers you so many options allowing you to play exactly how you want without needing to adhere to some bullshit campaign system.

Forza, in general, is a trash series imo. I played a few in the past on my Xbox 360. Forza Horizon 3 blew away all my expectations, and made me fall in love with open world racing ^^ Great music selection, awesome graphics for the Xbox One version (1080p with locked 30 fps some of the best motion blur I have ever seen and near perfect frame pacing), and phenomenal gameplay.

37a641e9-9a23-4826-927a-b9ebd7cd5c91.jpg?n=ForzaHorizon3_E3PressKit_03_WM.jpg

#3 The Last Guardian

A game I had been waiting for since around 2007. The Last Guardian managed to somehow meet my expectations despite the insane levels of sheer hype. As I stated above, Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time. I was fully aware this game couldn't match Shadow after I saw the initial trailer circa 2009. Perhaps this allowed my expectations to be in check when the game finally came to fruition? It seems as though many people on the internet are disappointed with this game....

...to these people I ask, "WTF is wrong with you?" As a TEAM ICO game, The Last Guardian delivers on all fronts. Atmosphere so thick it will make you gasp for air. Gameplay which allows for extensive experimentation and offers an amazing sense of accomplishment. Uncanny graphical presentation resembling something straight out of a dream... It's all there. This game in RELENTLESS with its delivery of puzzle based platforming. There never seems to be any space to stop and relax; the game constantly urges you to continue to move forward no matter how much you play. Due to this, I finished the game in only 3 sittings (which was about 16 hours total; yes I like to take my time and look in every nook and cranny I can find for potential secrets). If there's anything I can be negative about it regard to this game it would be the length. The game offers no New game + mode with enhanced difficulty like Shadow of the Colossus, so the 10-12 hour experience here just isn't enough! I want MORE of this game! >.<;

The-Last-Guardian-Review-Screenshot-Wallpaper-The-Sunset-on-our-Journey.jpg?ssl=1

( This post ended up being WAAY longer than I anticipated o.o Sorry for the walls of text above; I suppose when I talk about things i am this passionate about, I have trouble controlling myself ^///^. Feel free to write your own walls of text on why you love whichever games you list below ^^ )

• SOTC <3. I actually picked up TLG 2 days before it officially released, haven't started it yet tho.

>.>

Absolutely SHAMEFUL! Go play it Naow, DBO can wait xD

Personally, I couldn't stand the Witcher 3... so much stuff in that game I that rubbed me the wrong way (I'll admit the graphics were amazing, especially for an indie dev team)

• For Honor was made to have no honor, dunno why people complain about it when they always do it.

From the games existing right now, I think one of the best games in the generation is obviously Overwatch!
    You can scream at me all you want, but winning 2 awards, one of which called "Best Game of the Year" supports my cause for putting it here

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!