Jontron fired from Yooka-Laylee voice role due to his political viewpoints

• Just a quick disclaimer: I am by no means a fan of Jontron. I find his Youtube content rather cringeworthy and overall not very entertaining. His inclusion in Yooka-Laylee as a voice actor would be "fanservice" completely lost on me, as I personally could not care less; in fact I think it might actually bother me knowing that a trashy Youtuber was voicing characters in a game I was playing (would feel like pandering to me).

HOWEVER, the fact that Jontron was fired from this project due to personal political views which he expressed OUTSIDE of the "workplace" (so to speak), is extremely disturbing. It seems we have reached a point, in America, where you cannot even have differing opinions to that of the "social norm" or else you will be discriminated against in the workplace potentially resulting in the termination of your services. I say this because it is a milestone; a new all time low, if you will.

Freedom of speech is nothing but a pipedream

The original livestream in which Jontron expressed his viewpoints:

And the result thereafter:

• For once i'll have to agree with you 100% on the entire matter.

I find him cringe worthy and annoying and i think most if not all of his videos are not to my taste.

But i do agree. everyone is aloud to have their own opinion on everything and as long as it's not a dangerous one where said individual is trying to cause trouble or harm on others on purpose they have every right to voice it.

• Truly low.
    Never been so glad to not be part of some country xD

Went to see the discussion forum for this game on Steam and the result is really amusing,
    The game will either have an epic fail on PC or gain a lot of money from a bunch of liars. (kinda hoping for the first tho '-')

ba9b40c8cae8428e96a8ba41057aba28.png

I'm sure there are gems there but I won't be bothered with looking any further than this xD

• I'm not the smartest, most sophisticated or experienced person out there, but i still feel like typing my own view of this.

So...in short, Jontron gets fired because he said something racist, offensive or overall disliked opinions?
    Well...if the Yooka-Laylee team (or whatever the group is called), works that way...so be it, but surely they can give a warning or two before actually firing someone? Typing down some rules would be nice too, instead of suddenly coming up with decisions what someone like Jontron couldn't of predicted. Didn't watch the stream video, i should of, but i don't have the nerve to watch it, let alone it being so long.

(i read some posts on the MLP forums, thus i include few things such as him being an asshole and whatnot, which did bother me)
    And him being a douche or a big asshole....what of it? I'm sure there are thousands or even millions people who are just as rude, less, or even more...but you just need to get along with them if you work around same places as them, if not...you need to solve things in the actual working grounds, and leave internet out of it, it'd be much better that way...but no, let's make a huge thing about it and publish the news.
    While discussing about it is fine, and there being potential of solving things faster and more effectively, it's still dumb, since there will be people who will solely focus on the negative things, such as "i have lost all my respect to JonTron because he's a douche and racist"...
    Really...who cares? If we really go with that logic, you have lost respect to most people on earth, if not all, because we all have times we come out as douchey, inexperienced and assholes, myself included. It's also really amusing to see people spouting this shit behind their usernames and icons, actually thinking they're better human beings, jesus (i sense of myself being a hypocrite here....oh boy.)

If i see a jerk who calls me by names, disrespects me, sees himself/herself better, calls me ugly etc...i still wouldn't suddenly make myself a "better" human being, i go with the logic of everyone (or most) being on the same pedestal, of course, it can vary, in cases such as mathematic calculations, understanding and being able to make complicated games etc...but, for person to have a personal opinion due to his own past life, experience and understanding, firing someone like that is just uncalled for and unprofessional, at least give a warning or something. And getting understanding of him of being a huge jerk who deserved being fired and should be suffering for the next couple of days...is retarded. Thing such as karma exists, it will deal with things naturally, you don't need to bring more pressure in just because you feel offended. I feel offended of my sister constanly living under the same roof as me, but instead of going over to her to ruin her day and make her suffer, i'll try to let it be, focus on something else or in the least, try to come up with agreement, and not instantly try throwing away the problem like it was just plain trash in the trash can.

He could of been warned, the whole thing could of been discussed about much faster and effectively in the workplace, trying to keep everyone on the same pedestal, avoid being too sensitive and act more professionally and mature manner. If he were to ignore the rules and keep being a jerk, then ok, fire him, but it's still a dumb reason to fire someone. He said something dumb? Well, they're not any better for kicking him out, so in the end it all looks fucking retarded in the end. Jon being himself and thus getting bombarded and critizised for his point of views because it's offensive for some is so ridiculous. The people have access to tell their own opinions and give feedback in their own phase or free time, so why get instantly offended and proceed typing offended/butthurt response and insults? Well...nobody's perfect, which does question, why people always pick on someone as if the person was a spawn of evil itself? Because of low self esteem and the need to feel better about oneself, now that's narcissistic, asshole-like, pure mental rape (this one's a bad joke), and uncalled for douchery...now who's the asshole?

Got a bit carried away, but had to get that out of my chest so i can resume drawing, would of been annoying otherwise.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!