Main Stats Reworked

• When I mean "main stats" I mean the CON, ENG, STR, SOL, FOC, and DEX stats, the six primary stats that define each race and class. Now what I'm suggesting isn't all about changing the default values of each race/class, but instead changing the overall values that each stat grants and effects. For example, FOC and DEX are the two stats you'll 9 times out of 10 be aiming for on your gear because they don't just effect your Hitrate and Dodge. Focus also increase energy skill crit rate as well as slightly boosting your damage, while Dodge increases physical crit. rate, slightly increases physical attack, and increases resistance. The problem with this is that this leaves other stats in the dust to the point people won't give a damn about them. What I suggest is the following:

Nerf FOC and DEX by removing the crit. rate boost, damage boost, and (for DEX) the resistance boost, but slightly increase the amount of points you get in you hitrate/dodge.
    Buff SOL and STR by increasing the damage amount per point and have them govern their respective crit. rate.
    Not sure what to do with CON and ENG

By switching the crit. rate effect to SOL and STR and removing the damage boost given by FOC and DEX, players will have to think more on whether they want to do more damage or be more accurate/have more dodge. This is especially useful in nerfing Fighters and buffing Swordsmen because the former gained a ridiculous amount of resistance and physical crit. rate due to their high DEX stat which made their "High Speed Needle" skills overpowered, where as the latter only had better hitrate but lower physical crit. rate due to how FOC worked. This also helps out Plasma Majins because they can apply only SOL to their gear for better damage and crit. rate and not worry too much about accuracy due to their Plasma Mastery passive (which buffs their FOC to 28 and hitrate to 422) while Turtle Hermits will have to use some FOC to be able to hit targets better.

• When I mean "main stats" I mean the CON, ENG, STR, SOL, FOC, and DEX stats, the six primary stats that define each race and class. Now what I'm suggesting isn't all about changing the default values of each race/class, but instead changing the overall values that each stat grants and effects. For example, FOC and DEX are the two stats you'll 9 times out of 10 be aiming for on your gear because they don't just effect your Hitrate and Dodge. Focus also increase energy skill crit rate as well as slightly boosting your damage, while Dodge increases physical crit. rate, slightly increases physical attack, and increases resistance. The problem with this is that this leaves other stats in the dust to the point people won't give a damn about them. What I suggest is the following:

Nerf FOC and DEX by removing the crit. rate boost, damage boost, and (for DEX) the resistance boost, but slightly increase the amount of points you get in you hitrate/dodge.
    Buff SOL and STR by increasing the damage amount per point and have them govern their respective crit. rate.
    Not sure what to do with CON and ENG

By switching the crit. rate effect to SOL and STR and removing the damage boost given by FOC and DEX, players will have to think more on whether they want to do more damage or be more accurate/have more dodge. This is especially useful in nerfing Fighters and buffing Swordsmen because the former gained a ridiculous amount of resistance and physical crit. rate due to their high DEX stat which made their "High Speed Needle" skills overpowered, where as the latter only had better hitrate but lower physical crit. rate due to how FOC worked. This also helps out Plasma Majins because they can apply only SOL to their gear for better damage and crit. rate and not worry too much about accuracy due to their Plasma Mastery passive (which buffs their FOC to 28 and hitrate to 422) while Turtle Hermits will have to use some FOC to be able to hit targets better.

Yeah, I mentioned this in some other threads too so I approve this message. DBO end game gear is way too focus on props, %LP abs and crit damage.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!