Lets talk Resistance and Dodge

• In the original DBO, the only classes I knew that resisted consistently (in this case, resisting atleast once in a 1v1 fight) without any dex equips or status resistance necklace were Fighters, Cranes, Turtles, SM, and Ultimate majins. Classes that pretty much never resisted were pretty much every class in the namek race. Now, even if I wear gloves with 30 Focus, an SK resists me. (lol) I remember I had a level 29 spiritualist for budokai in old DBO and I could sleep and slow SKs to screw around in plat. And that is because in DBOG, the coding is much different, you see in old DBO an SK would never resist a level 70, even if he wore MAX Dex and MAX status resistance, a level 70 SK resisting any level 70 class, would be like him hitting a 1 billion dollar lottery ticket. In DBOG a SK doesn't even need to be wearing 1 DEX equip or status resistance necklace, and he will resist consistently. But I have an idea to fix this from the latest update.

* Updates
    - Every class starts with 50 curse tolerance

Every class shouldn't have a 50 resistance, why would a TANK have as much base resistance as a DPS? In fact, I think the reason why wearing a max resistance necklace on a SK wouldn't make a difference in the old dbo was because 1 resistance for a SK, was really .3 resistance, kinda like how 1 CON is different for each class. Now I don't know how the dodge formula works (I'm guessing similar to resistance) but I'm guessing this is why dodge isn't working as well, 400 dodge on a SK means the same as 400 dodge Fighter so Daneos made Dodge useless because it'd make some classes OP asf? Maybe for example if you made 1 dodge on a namek = .3 dodge and majin .7 and human 1 dodge = 1 dodge, you could make it so dodge is like how defense works? Like for example having 400 dodge = 20% dodge rate, 800 dodge = 40% (Again this is just an exmaple) and vice versa for resistance?

• Interesting thought, I do agree that the formulas need an adjustment and that status resistance isn't working as it should. Nameks do resist statuses very often while ultimate majins have the same ratio sorta (feels like it). Dodge should become a thing again like in retail DBO. Dodge fighters were cool

• Resistance and dodge still are being worked on, which is why both dodge rate and resistance were added as an option for the community to vote on the priority list of features that need to be fixed/adjusted.

The team is currently aware that dodge and resistance rate is not adjusted correctly to how it was like in the retail version of dragonball online which is why it was made an option to vote.

Resistance is not working correctly because low level characters can still land debuffs with ease (which shouldn't be the case) against high level resistance based classes (such as fighters) and also classes do not need to wear focus/successrate gear in order to land debuffs which also shouldnt occur against players who build full resist based characters. Also, classes with low resistance such as SK's are still resisting some debuffs which should be an extremely rare occurrence as you said.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!