What's going on with translations?

• One of the main reasons I'm waiting to play the game in its full version is simply that I want to understand what I'm doing while advancing in the game. That's what DBO Global offered us, for all the players we had to play a game back in the korean version without understanding anything, just because we liked the idea.

As me, I guess lots of players are waiting for the same thing. I've been following the development in the translations thread, and playing the game untill I reach a point in which is not implemented yet.

That was like that until June. More than six month have passed, and I don't have any clue of what it's going on with the translations.

It may be posted elsewhere and I may have missed it, but I preffer to open a thread in order to get any information about the topic.

Please, don't get the post as a complaint. I appreciate the effort and work of the team, and i understand it takes time to develop a new feature. I just wanted to know what's going on with translations.

• I see.

Well, a fully multilanguage game will atract more public, from different countries, than a half translated one, if it's a matter of money. Me myself am not playing it only because I preffer to wait to a complete expierence of DBO, and that involves understanding it.

Eitherway, have they stopped translating it forever? Or are they focusing on the other stuff and will resume it when everything is finished?

• a more 'complete' experience? There's no lore here, Most quest texts involve stupid toriyama humor, with poop jokes and stuff, hardly anything interesting. Besides that, most of the main storylines are already well understood by inferring the quest structure. If a NPC wants you to kill 10 nameks, you can guess, "These guys are causing troulbe m8, please help save me, the village, etc". Nothing particularly unique or special

• Yeah, I know.

But even so, I prefer to read those punchlines and obvious quests in English, rather than seeing korean characters everywere.

It's just not the same. The visual impact for players change, as long as the feeling of playing a fully developed game. There will be people not wanting to expend quite a lot of time in something that is not finished.

Back in the days of the Korean version, me and my friends hoped "there was a trully global version of this game", so that we don't have to play it blindfolded, and that's what DBO Global is for us.

• Yeah, I know.

But even so, I prefer to read those punchlines and obvious quests in English, rather than seeing korean characters everywere.

You're the first person I've ever heard of complaining about something so incredibly irrelevant. If you want the shitty poop jokes translated, then by all means feel free to apply for the translation squad and invent your own stupid puns to the roster that nobody will ever read, if it means preserving visual consistency. All relevant text regarding gameplay mechanics and story beats has already been complated. But you're gonna complain about a stupid pun that shows up when you talk to a turtle in the middle of nowhere, asking about how much poop he's counting?

• Hello,

We have not stopped translating, just slowed down because of some issues I have had recently. The translation work will continue soon so make sure you keep an eye on my translation update thread. You must also realize that this work is not being done by a massive team, but only a small team of 2-3 people. Although I am accepting new recruits who volunteer to work. That’s all I have to say for now.

GokUsama

• last update on translate..was before 8 MONTHS!Sorry this is not just slow down..this is stop working for translate..Its almost 1 YEAR

Last time it was updated on the log thread might have been 8 months (I don’t know how you even calculated it to 8 months), but either way behind the scenes some translation updates were made and uploaded to the launcher.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!