In game missing Item work around.

• So I had a thought... I know scary right?
    What if the programing team added a temp NPC to return items if they vanish or what ever. Make sure conditions are met to obtain the item in the scripting. Set a limit for retrieving the item 1/1. This is a quick fix to the many oops we will run across in the game.

Just a thought.

~TheOneWhoKnocks~

IgOeCIV.jpg

• Let's say you crash during a hand in. Let's say by some chance when you log back in the reward item or needed quest item is not to be found. You finished the quest but now you are stuck because you can't restart it. That would be a missing or vanished item. I was over looking another post about a missing item. This was my thought.

• If there are disappearing item problems, we need to fix what's causing them to disappear, not create an entirely new system for retrieving items that may have bugged in the first place. On top of that, if an item is disappearing because of a bug, and we are able to track what the item is when it disappears, we should just fix the bug, not make a new system for it. Basically, if we're able to know when an item disappears, we should just make it not disappear. That said, there are currently no known bugs that cause items to disappear, so it's probably a non issue for now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!