Suggestion/Feedback Translation Thread (English)

• That's their names in the Dub. Since this is an 'English Translation', GokUsama would've needed to use the names for these reasons.1. So it wouldn't confuse people about the characters. Since people in the west grew up with the dub mostly
    2. It's the official English names for the Characters.
    3. This is the English Patch meaning the names would be in 'English Terms'.

Hopefully, you understand my point. :D

Seems legit.

I think the names would be translated/adapted accord the different dubs, would be curious to see how would do the spanish translation team, there are diferences between spanish from Spain and spanish from LA.

Also: I've noted that one of the spiritualist's skills is called "Spirit bomb",and correct me if I'm wrong, but spirit bomb isn't the english equivalent for Genki-tama? I think that skill should be called "sokidan" (take a look on this video)

• I figured out an easy way for the translations to be applied to the game, for the players that were finding it difficult to do those steps in order for the patches to be applied in game.
    Now all you have to do is download this file extract it and replace it in your DBOG folder and then run the "DBOG.exe" as admin.
    Download from here!

P.S: From now updates will be posted this way so it is easier for all.

• figured out an easy way for the translations to be applied to the game, for the players that were finding it difficult to do those steps in order for the patches to be applied in game.
    Now all you have to do is download this file extract it and replace it in your DBOG folder and then run the "DBOG.exe" as admin.
    Download from here!

P.S: From now updates will be posted this way so it is easier for all.

I did as you said i downloaded the File and extract it and replace it in DBOG folder and run the "DBOG.exe" as admin And No thing Working Still

TW Language ;(

• Ok i downloaded The last translation File and extract him in DBO Folder and Run Langpatcher as administrator and let him to Close Automatic

and he work now But it has not translated Every Thing Like Quest My Quest Still with TW Language But it was translated to me the names of the skills and equipment and items iBbDxVm.jpg

• Seems legit.
    I think the names would be translated/adapted accord the different dubs, would be curious to see how would do the spanish translation team, there are diferences between spanish from Spain and spanish from LA.

Also: I've noted that one of the spiritualist's skills is called "Spirit bomb",and correct me if I'm wrong, but spirit bomb isn't the english equivalent for Genki-tama? I think that skill should be called "sokidan" (take a look on this video)

I honestly get the reasoning behind it. People have grown up with the American names and terms, and one would rather not confuse American players who have never bothered to watch the show "subbed." It's just that, altering names and terms is such an outdated practice that even Funimation themselves have begun to rectify and avoid. Dragon Ball was their first foray into Anime and they were just figuring things out at the time, plus it was the standard to do so. But we've come so far. since then. Even Funimation doesn't bother to change things anymore since the mid-2000's. For me the names of the attacks are important, because they state explicitly what the attacks really are and their origins. Genki Dama means so much more than just Spirit Bomb, and Kienzan's direct translation says a hell of a lot more than Destructo Disk. It doesn't bother me that much. I was just curious as to what the thoughts behind it was.

• I have decided to post updates on translation patches over here since other thread was getting too over crowded.

If the future (maybe one month) also this thread would overcrowded. why not making thread where NO ONE can post, only you ;)
    then other thread with "Suggestion/feedback of translation XX.YY.ZZZZ" or something like that?
    Clearly, simply etc :)

• first it was crashing

then i used launcher to patch

then i reapplied the language files

and now i cant type anything into the login fields after applying the patch. Anyone know why?

edit: nevermind. i accidentaly renamed the original folder, and only used the 20mb localization folder provided by the translator... of course it crashed, i removed 750mb of files lol!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!