SPIRITUALISTS Crane or Turtle Hermit?

• I would go with turtle only to solo farm but crane are really good for Hybrid. This is how I think. Turle= PVE . Crane=PVP. Turle= most overused class in game seems noobish. Crane= Rarely used class in the game seems unique only to pro players and the skills looks awesome animation wise.

I'd like to go with something new,good for solo ... The only way I can see is doing both the classes and try to know wich one is better to me

• Interesting discussion, I've been conflicted on which Master Class should I choose for my Spiritualist. It seems that Turtle Hermits fit my type of mood, while the Cranes are more fitted in team battles. I'm more into a solo type character to play with, I wouldn't really like to depend on others all the time, don't get me wrong, If you practice with Crane, I'm sure they will come in very useful, but it's the raw strength within the Turtle Hermit Class that makes it have an advantage for me.

• Personally, I'd go Crane. But that's just from seeing Cranes destroy in Budokai. They're monsters if played, and geared correctly. Turtles are no slouches either, but Cranes just seem so much smoother than the "Kame spam" from turtles. Though I'm not entirely sure why people are saying Cranes are worse at PVP? I guess it's arguable, Turtles do have the AOE and pure destructive force from Kames. But cranes are valuable to a party just as well.

• Personally, I'd go Crane. But that's just from seeing Cranes destroy in Budokai. They're monsters if played, and geared correctly. Turtles are no slouches either, but Cranes just seem so much smoother than the "Kame spam" from turtles. Though I'm not entirely sure why people are saying Cranes are worse at PVP? I guess it's arguable, Turtles do have the AOE and pure destructive force from Kames. But cranes are valuable to a party just as well.

Turtle Hermits are decent supporters themselves since they have two buffs that help the team out a lot. Clear Mirror Index in particular is amazing because of how much it increases a player's hit rate. which would definitely help with classes who don't have good accuracy like Fighters. Turtles also have a decent debuff themselves called "Attack Speed Shackle," which reduces the attack speed of a target by 70%. This is very helpful against bosses and such since it lowers the amount of attacks they can pull off.

• Turtle and Crane are mostly same.
    Only reason why people choose turtle over Crane it is because of that "Turtle Book", full RP balls.

If this would be taken off, turtle and crane would indeed be same.

If we are talking about power, they are same too in PVE and PVP.

Just kinda for me, Crane is better than turtle because of epic debuffs and DOTs.
    While as turtle you need to pray for critic, as crane you don't care, if it critics, DOT's stronger lol.

Well, if you know to play game, play as crane if you are new in game, play as turtle, I guess.

• Well I'm not this new to game,my last character in old DBO was a Swordmaster, this is exactly why I wanna do a Crane,because of its debuffs and buffs.

• Put it like this. Play crane if you want to be the "unique", DOT, Bleed focused one. Strangely enough, I remember cranes using physical attack gloves to help increase some of their main skills, and flat bleed. They're definitely played a bit different.

Turtles on the other hand, like one poster mentioned; the turtle book for full RP. But that was only for females right? Or did they change it to all genders

• Put it like this. Play crane if you want to be the "unique", DOT, Bleed focused one. Strangely enough, I remember cranes using physical attack gloves to help increase some of their main skills, and flat bleed. They're definitely played a bit different.

Turtles on the other hand, like one poster mentioned; the turtle book for full RP. But that was only for females right? Or did they change it to all genders

Well to be honest, good cranes were rare since players think that cranes need to have EPIC dmg and such.
    Cranes are most evil chars out there, even with high anti bleed, they will still kill yaa if you don't know how to stop their combo lol.

I heard some cranes goes for energy attacks, others goes for full bleed, still 3rd ones goes all of that and there is others that use burn too lol.
    Once I saw crane getting all mobs in farming, stacking bleed/burn and other debuffs and killing them easy, every time...

Trust me, playing as crane is hard since there is soo much options for you.

Now back on topic, yes only female turtles were able to get that and abuse it on budokai 100%, like Divine did xD.

• Ahhhh man, divine lol. And yah, I think that is one of the cool things about Cranes because they have so many different play styles that one could focus on. Compared to turtles who are the slow, kame you to death.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!