this guide has been ​deleted.

• I think this should be a sticky thread. I am pretty sure that Many dbo players are new to mmos like me: the db world has lots of fans that want to live the experience in a game where you can interact with other players (apart from DBXV, original dbo was available before and more importantly, it runs in most computers so not someone with a gamer build can play it and really enjoy it). With DB Kai and DB Super a new generation is also joining, so there is plenty of players that are first timers in this kind of games or just really young. Sure, not everyone will read this thread (as many that don't even seem to have time to read a FAQs or info about the game in this forum), but I want to believe it will help. At least, you could refer to the MMO etiquette thread whenever someone is clearly unaware of this in another thread. It's a good piece of information that will improve everyone's experience. Thanks Kamekameman.

• LRN 2 1Nt3RN3t N00b, I'm 2 1337 4 D15.

On the real, 1337 5p3@|< is something I grew up with.. back in CS 1.4. If you weren't a player of that, or you aren't old enough to know what that is, it's not something anyone should use. Overall, you have a bit too much of the 'brown nosing' way of politeness going on, but all in all is a good "hey, have a quick look at this and maybe take some of it under advisement". Nicely done.

On the real, 1337 5p3@|< is something I grew up with.. back in CS 1.4. If you weren't a player of that, or you aren't old enough to know what that is, it's not something anyone should use. Overall, you have a bit too much of the 'brown nosing' way of politeness going on, but all in all is a good "hey, have a quick look at this and maybe take some of it under advisement". Nicely done.

Amazes me how 1337 speak ever caught on.

• nice guide thought i dont think people will listen , i have seen the community now and back then there will always be the nice people the helping people the casual players the competitive players and those guys who kill you in tatami when you had 12 hp and then laugh at you and those ass licking guys and even the know it all guys. the worst kind are those who dont speak english at all and consider who ever doesnt talk their language suck.

• nice guide thought i dont think people will listen , i have seen the community now and back then there will always be the nice people the helping people the casual players the competitive players and those guys who kill you in tatami when you had 12 hp and then laugh at you and those ass licking guys and even the know it all guys. the worst kind are those who dont speak english at all and consider who ever doesnt talk their language suck.

yeah i know it seems like an exercise in futility but hey atleast i tried and even if i can only get one person to read it and apply it to their ingame behaviour,well i would feel content that atleast i made difference even if it was small.

i hate to say this and it really pains me aswell because im from Spain but the worst behaviour in chat ive noticed is from the spanish speaking comunity.
    i mean ive played wow,i know what barrens chat use to be like and this is like 1000 times worst,once beta is out im going to find myself a nice english speaking server and get rid of shout and trade all together,if i continue to read what ive been reading these days im going to be scarred for life lol.

Your l33tness sux lol u learned the wrong stuff! 25 i guess? :P Wait what was this thread about again? (lol hope u realise im just joking w/ u)

• shameless bump so maybe some player out there will read this part of my guide:

6)Dont be lazy when it comes to general information of the
    game,learn to think by yourself,keep the game's official website and
    visit it regularly for updated information on the game.

Spamming ''wth where is the adult quest,i want it now'' over and over
    wont make you look good,will annoy other players and will give you a bad
    reputation.

Do your homework. In order to get the maximum out of your play time, you
    should spend approximately 10% of that time doing outside research (and
    yes, reading this counts towards that time). This may seem like you're
    wasting time, but a few minutes of research could save you hours of
    frustration in the game and will make you and your character better
    overall.

we can all agree that yesterday was an embarrassment,trade chat was spammed and polluted with people just asking over and over the same questions:

OMG WHERE DRAGON BALL??????,WTFME SCOUTER DONT WORK??????,WHERE BUY SCOUTER??????,etc,etc..

lets face it,this isnt kindergarten,this is more like real life,people wont hold your hand or babysit you that is why its important that you put in the time.
    i know for a fact that a lot of players couldnt get the 7 dragon balls they needed,for the duration of the event they spent their time spamming chat asking for information,this could have easily been solved because well they all knew the event was going to happen so they could have visited the forums asking for information or looking up the guides THAT WERE THERE but yet they went the lazy route and decided to spam the crap out of trade chat.

i feel this had to be said,rule 6....read it,learn it...love it.

• updated the guide with this:

''10) Leveling tip:

Almost all mmos have the area where you get the quests in a major hub,that means that all the quest giving npcs are in the same area,you move to from one area to another when you finished all the quests.
    now to make the most out of your gaming time try to get all the quests available for you in the central hub,that way you just need to come back once to turn them in.

so when you arrive to a new area,open the map and check for the green circles in it which means that is an npc with quests,grab all of them and then head out to do them,this will be a real time saver since you can maximise the xp gain by not having to go into town or the central hub to turn in one quest at a time.

this may seem like something that shouldnt be mentioned but i have seen players just grab a couple quests and then head out,failing to notice that alot of times the location of the quests are really close to each other.''

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!