Posts by BlazingBarrager

Turtle Hermit. I love the idea of having a character who can dish out massive amounts of damage in a wide area, which is basically what a Turtle Hermit does. I also enjoy how this makes it a Glass Cannon so it adds to the challenge.

White Stones

Since items would not break anymore, White Stones would still be used, as to simply prevent the item from downgrading instead.

This. Why don't people see it this way?

@Trailblazing Barrager You're right, you really are. That's your opinion and mine. We'll just see what happens when the game releases. No need for me to debate about it anymore.

Opinion? Really? What I just explained isn't my opinion. It's actual fact. I've played enough games that use an RNG system to know how it works and how evil it can be so I know what I'm talking about.

Also TrailBlazing? Really? :/

Here's something else people, including you RealTalk, keep forgeting about when stating their opinion on the upgrade system: the game's RNG system. You say white stones will make upgrading easier and taking away the break system will make them useless. I say bull s**t. You say making white stones easier to get will help out with the break system. I say bull s**t again. Think about this for a minute. You're assuming that they'll make white stones a drop item or something to make getting them easier. Well here's the hard truth: there's nothing easy about it at all. I keep saying this over and over again but apparently people, especially you RealTalk, just don't get it. The RNG system governs drops, which means how long it will take to get one is entirely up to how good your luck is. It can take 30 minutes to get 5 or it can take a whole freaken day to get just one, and that's not counting the stone's level chance.

But let's say you do get your hands on some. Upgrading will be much simpler right? WRONG. RNG also controls the upgrade system, which means you're having to rely even more on your luck. You say "oh we have white stones so we'll be good even with the break system." I say bull s**t AGAIN. You save your item yes, but you also lose an upgrade stone that could have taken hours to get, and if you get a Success you just used up a white stone that could have been a pain to get. Oh and what about if your item breaks? It could have been a item you spent days farming for and used loads of brown/silver boxes on for that one effect you wanted. Do you seriously want to go through all of that again? I sure as hell don't. At least without the break system you save yourself some time by not loosing that piece of equipment you worked so hard to get.

So yeah long story short: RNG factors into the upgrading and drop system and trumps white stones in the solution of making the upgrading system easier. The best the devs can do is make the upgrading process a little bit more tolerable by removing the break system. It will not make the upgrade system much easier however. If they wanted to make it very easy, they would code the system to where you always get a Success card, but that's not going to happen.

@Kiera: Best. Clap Gif. Ever.

Many don't want things easier

Did you not read what me and SaitoSenpai just posted? Getting rid of the break system only makes things a tiny bit better. It isn't a big, if any, impact on the fact that getting to +15 is going to take a LOT of time, a LOT of Upgrade Stones, and a LOT of luck. Everyone needs to look at the big picture here: DBO's RNG system is the biggest pain the game has to offer, and DBOG can only do so much with it. If they wanted to make upgrading easy, they would make it to where each level is a guaranteed Success. That's the best they can do, and it's not going to happen.

So again, break or not upgrading is going to be one of the biggest pains this game has to offer. Keeping break just makes upgrading completely unfair for the player so it's best to get rid of it so people won't rage quit and throw their keyboards into their monitors.

I've been testing my luck on the Dev server with current upgrade system. 200 upgrade stones for both armor and wep. Purple and Green stones, I only manage to get to +9 other time I either got my item rested to +0 or back down by 1.

I have not yet reach +15. So if you guys think with current system it's easy to upgrade to +15. Nope it's still hard, very hard.

This. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Having the RNG system against you like this makes keeping or getting rid of the break system hardly matter. Not having your item break only makes this slightly tolerable because you don't have to waste time looking for a new piece of equipment to upgrade. Also, people who think White Stones will make these easier are severely wrong. All White Stones do is delay. You still waste an upgrade stone by getting fail or break. Also white stones are probably going to be a big pain to get in this game, and I don't want to hear about making them drops because that doesn't make things easier either.

Look here: Dogi Breaking
    I agree with you on the very rare Dogi part, i bought a dogi once for 600kk and broke it with the 1st attribute ball i used.. That sucked!
    Maybe the break % can be lowered a bit.. Originally it was 20% if i remember right. So i would say:
    Excellent ball -> between 10% and 15%
    Rare ball -> between 5 % and 10%
    Legendary ball -> 0% and 2% i think legandary shouldn't have the break at all, because the are so hard to get..

Ah I didn't notice the thread was already made. Anyway, lowering the break % wouldn't do a thing. Remember the break chance is governed by the RNG system so even having a low chance of breaking will mean that your luck will still be tested, and if you got unlucky and your dogi broke than it would still be the same result. This is especially tedious when the RNG system also governs what effects a dogi ball will grant your dogi item.

Since there's a huge discussion about the upgrade system I felt that the dogi system should be brought up as well. Basically, I believe that the break chance for dogis should be removed. Why? Because unlike armor and weapons you can't farm for dogis or dogi balls so getting them will be an even bigger chore. Not only that, but like the upgrade system the dogi system falls under the RNG system thus making the process purely luck based. Also, players will believe some dogis might be too rare or expensive to risk upgrading and not bother with it at all (which limits customization for the player's character). As such, removing the break chance for all dogi items when using dogi balls will give players some breathing room and not cause a lot of frustration/rage. Doing this WILL NOT make getting the right effect for your dogi easier though, because this factor falls under the RNG system and is entirely luck based (you could end up using 10 dogi balls and still not get the desired effect).

oh that effect came with the 60 patch. But yeah I agree, STR and SOL need to be reworked a bit.

I made a thread about changing these to where STR and SOL also govern their respective crit. rates so that people will have to make a decision over whether they want more power or accuracy on their gear (or attempt to balance it out).

hmmm still i support no to the broken system , well if white stones drops where more often but if that drop wont happen , send the broken system down to hell and to never see the light XD

Again, that just fuels the frustration that the RNG system puts on players. I'm starting to wonder if people are even considering RNG when they're making their decisions.

The primary reason I'm for level caps is because it makes leveling multiple characters less time consuming. Let's say we start at lv. 38. When I get my first character to that level cap I can go ahead and level another character and get used to how it plays. Then once the next cap gets released I can level both characters and get used to the changes without having to take such a freaken long time to do so. I can also hunt DBs and such during those breaks for both characters.

Wait so not only was SSJ just as strong, but it gave your skills faster speed? WTF NTL?! D:

...so what about Pure Majin and Great Namek? What got nerfed for those two when they got dropped to 40?

I've noticed quite a few people are against certain changes and plans (notable ones being balance, upgrade system, and level cap) and act like they simply want the old DBO back. Why is that? Are some people just wishing to get back to the game where they were dominant or something, or is it simply they feel that some changes will make things too easy/hard? If you wish can you explain what change/plan you're against and your reason why. You can also explain why you're for these changes and plans. For instance...

I seriously don't get why people don't want any balancing done to classes, because it was absolutely terrible in the old DBO. Most of the time you would see Fighters, Shadow Knights, Ultimate Majins, etc. because they were the "good" classes. It was absolutely stupid and it took away from the player's choice to create whatever they want, because if they wanted to be good they would be forced to pick one of these good classes. I'm certainly glad that the devs are going to go through and balance all races and classes because I certainly don't want a repeat of that in DBOG.

Energy Crit rate is in the FOC stat.

But yeah they need to change this. Having Physical Crit. Rate tied to DEX is one of the reasons Fighters were so OP, especially when the lv. 70 cap made the High Speed Needle skills have the "increase damage with crit" effect. The damage output was ridiculous.