Cannot get passed login screen

• You clearly do not understand what a PRE open beta is ...

• I haven't been able to play for a while it seems. I tried like 10 hours ago and it was doing the same thing. I put in my username/pw and it just stalls at trying to connect and I gotta close the game. Waited a few hours and tried again, same deal. It's still doing it just now. Has server really been doing that the whole day? :(

• You clearly do not understand what a PRE open beta is ...

As a fellow developper i can state that there is no such thing as a PRE open beta. Another thing......betas in 2016 are full games the term beta has passed on since 2008 (wake up kiddo)

So its clearly that your the one not understanding things.

A test server (wich you mean) is closed you cannot open a test server with flaws like these. LEARN what BETA means then come back and explain me what it means.

Also you do not OPEN (test) pre-beta a server from 2015 all the way to 2016.

I play tons of betas! Some even are Esports allready ! (Brawlhalla for example) JUST TO REMIND you of a beta.

I clearly do not understand what a PRE open beta is ... AGREED!

• So... you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...and must have no idea what is needed to run a game like this on a private server...aaaaand what a pre beta is. If you dislike it soooooo much, then why not just leave? I personally think that if a group of people decide to make a private server for a game that is no longer supported, and run it through donations, there isn't much I should complain about. Unless they stated somewhere that they had a goal for donations and that the money would be used to ensure the servers are always running properly.

• So... you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...and must have no idea what is needed to run a game like this on a private server...aaaaand what a pre beta is. If you dislike it soooooo much, then why not just leave? I personally think that if a group of people decide to make a private server for a game that is no longer supported, and run it through donations, there isn't much I should complain about. Unless they stated somewhere that they had a goal for donations and that the money would be used to ensure the servers are always running properly.

I can run this game on my local within 2 hours. Now get of my lawn please. You clearly havent read any of my posts either....

First of all start to learn how to read.

Second of all since u can'nt read: I can have this game running in 2 hours on my local no problem :)

Pre beta is not even a word!

I never said I disliked Dragonball Online?
    I dislike the unannounced beta terms at the main page and no sticky of the daily problems.

If a GROUP (and i think hes not a group). Decides to pick up files and recreate a server than do so. I have old server files from games and those games run flawless local online whatever i could let ppl on the moon play. Also i never asked donations, and if you do the more reason you have to build/work on your data. Do you have any idea how much money these donations make 'the group' ? Well enough to do stuff, and take 2 weeks off!

You said there isnt much to complain about but actually you are...(ugh)

-> "Unless they stated somewhere that they had a goal for donations and that the money would be used to ensure the servers are always running properly.'' <- Must i really reply on this one too? Cause I will not.

• ...So you're an idiot. Got it.

A pre-beta is a period of testing in which a server is opened to the public in order to root out bugs and gather public opinion on what should be changed/added/removed. After such a time has pass where all, if not the vast majority of bugs have been rooted out, the server will enter a roll-back state in regards to player progress, i.e. a character wipe. This is done to balance the game out in the event that certain bugs caused characters to become over powered, gain access to things they couldn't normally get, or just to apply changes to things they experienced that no longer exist so they're not unbalanced.

You're right that normally a test case for an MMO is a private beta in which around 1,000 or so people are chosen as bug testers. However, DBO is a game with 4 channels consisting of a 500 player limit for each one. That means that currently, the server capacity is 2,000 players. And even then it's straining the server. This pre-beta is also a great way to stress-test the server to see how many people it can hold, and how much data it can send out and receive at once, so that come release, players are not stuck waiting for weeks/months on end because the server couldn't handle this much stress.

• A pre-beta is a period of testing in which a server is opened to the public in order to root out bugs and gather public opinion on what should be changed/added/removed.

That would just be alpha or simply "beta". Maybe closed beta if it was limited. Pre-beta is not a term anyone actually uses because it's silly.

• ...So you're an idiot. Got it.
    A pre-beta is a period of testing in which a server is opened to the public in order to root out bugs and gather public opinion on what should be changed/added/removed. After such a time has pass where all, if not the vast majority of bugs have been rooted out, the server will enter a roll-back state in regards to player progress, i.e. a character wipe. This is done to balance the game out in the event that certain bugs caused characters to become over powered, gain access to things they couldn't normally get, or just to apply changes to things they experienced that no longer exist so they're not unbalanced.

You're right that normally a test case for an MMO is a private beta in which around 1,000 or so people are chosen as bug testers. However, DBO is a game with 4 channels consisting of a 500 player limit for each one. That means that currently, the server capacity is 2,000 players. And even then it's straining the server. This pre-beta is also a great way to stress-test the server to see how many people it can hold, and how much data it can send out and receive at once, so that come release, players are not stuck waiting for weeks/months on end because the server couldn't handle this much stress.

You are reported for calling me an idiot.

Pre beta is not a word. .

Sorry and pre beta its..... not a word.... its either a test server or a beta but no not pre beta , you realise before beta comes alpha right...? :( It goes like Alpha Beta Cyprus Delta, Etc

How many bugs have you reported? There must be many bugs from 2015 2016?! There has been much balancing out since 2015 2016!?
    Balancing out your items is a time eater, you can do this in 2 weeks if you work hard (thats basicly all day long fill-in work with no mistakes and alot of math on the mathy machine)

Nah you can choose a small group to let your people test bugs, not a thousand? You just like test different types of levels etc and how they will roll, you see you are a GM you can just fill in any char you want them to play on and level fast so they can test things or whatever.

Stress a server? Do you live in 1995? LOL do you also think this is Pokemon GO? Do you even know how things work with databases and game files and server files? Or how to edit either of these? And i mean till the TILES of the characters if needed? You realise that with donations like this you can easily hire a big server, and that that is not so very expensive? It is not due of stress it is due of errors! And yes a major increase of population can cause Logging in to fail but not to crash a system, this is why a Developper is working on a queue system.

• You are reported for calling me an idiot.

I'd love to meet the Moderator who warns me for THAT when you've clearly called the game developers and the players "retarded" and constantly criticize the game. And I highly doubt you're a game designer since you cannot see the immense help this "pre-beta" is doing for both the game developers AND the players.

• The "pre-open beta" term may sound silly to some, but it's just a name and it's not the first time it's being used. You could compare it to a Closed Beta, except it's not closed. Most of the core functions of the game are already working, and most of what's left is the content, which also doesn't come all at once in other game's releases. We're doing it a bit differently than other games, as we have this special testing phase that will last until everything is ready for launch, then wipe the database and actually have an Open Beta then. This has been explained before, including when it was announced, so a bit of research wouldn't have hurt either.

Since there is no point to this thread and people are getting heated, I'll be closing it now. Please wait for Daneos to get the server back up and running without spamming the forums. Have a nice day.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!