If Beta is Over We All lost again characters?

• It would be nicer on users like me if you could actually tell me what i misread or didn't understand rather than play a game with me and insult me to a degree in the process.

English is your first language right? Just read it again and you'll get it. The person specifically stated in the first few sentences they know characters will be deleted.

Then they go on to say that after that the game will be in open beta and stuff will not be deleted, exactly what Daneos said. It sounds like you did not read this person's post :o

• Just like Tamryu said. I was merely explaining what Daenos said. What you posted to me is literally a fraction of what i wrote.

My post had 3 messages:

1. This is Pre-Beta, not Beta. That's so people finally understand that this here is the Pre-Beta and stop calling it Beta. The Open Beta will be the Beta.

2. Everything in Pre-Beta(aka now) will be deleted once the game goes on to the actual Open Beta

3. Everything you do in the Open Beta will NOT be deleted. Everything you do when the game goes Open Beta(that means, after the next wipe) will stay there forever, even when the game goes fully gold(that means, is completely finished)

You just said i am wrong and posted a quote from Deanos that said he is going to delete everything in Pre-Beta but not in Beta, so exactely what i already said.

• English is your first language right? Just read it again and you'll get it. The person specifically stated in the first few sentences they know characters will be deleted.
    Then they go on to say that after that the game will be in open beta and stuff will not be deleted, exactly what Daneos said. It sounds like you did not read this person's post :o

first of all no it is not my first language.

But thank you. Now i understand what you meant rather than having to try and figure out what you was slyly hinting at instead.

i took the line "but Characters in the Open Beta will NOT be deleted" (which i have made bold for you) to mean exactly that when Daneos has stated in my linked thread that they will be deleted.

• But thank you. Now i understand what you meant rather than having to try and figure out what you was slyly hinting at instead.

Nothing sly about it lol. I told you to re-read her post. She said it clearer than I did (and again just above).

Open Beta will NOT be deleted

Key word they said was open beta. This isn't open beta yet...as Eskchan said in the same post O_o

• first of all no it is not my first language.
    But thank you. Now i understand what you meant rather than having to try and figure out what you was slyly hinting at instead.

i took the line "but Characters in the Open Beta will NOT be deleted" (which i have made bold for you) to mean exactly that when Daneos has stated in my linked thread that they will be deleted.

OPEN Beta. They will not be deleted in the OPEN Beta. We are in the Pre-beta. That's two completely different things, which i already explained at least 3 times for you.

That the characters will be deleted is what Daenos said about the Pre-beta, which is where we are now. He ALSO said in his FAQ that characters in the actual Open Beta will never be wiped.

See here in the FAQ: Pre-Open Beta FAQ
    And i quote:

Q : What’s the difference between Pre-Open Beta and Open Beta?
    A : After the Pre-Open Beta, we will
    have a wipe (deleting all characters and their data). After the Open
    Beta, there won’t be such a thing. Pre-Open beta still lacks in features
    that will come from time to time. Open Beta will have everything. We
    just need to fix the bugs and make some fine tunings.

• It was my understanding that we were talking about the Pre-Open beta ad that is what we are currently in. Not everyone knows the terms right as they are unfamiliar with beta and open beta not being the same.

I am unsure as to why people are still trying to say i am wrong or someone else is when with presented with this information from me and other users the thread creator said his thank yous and left.

To make thing clear. i know i was talking about the pre-open beta because i was of the understanding that that is what the Thread creator meant, which was further confirmed by their appreciative words and then leaving as they were done.

• The thread itself is about the Pre-beta. That is why i specified that in the Pre-beta all characters will be deleted, and in the Open Beta will not. I simply don't understand what about that is so hard to understand that you require further discussion about it. You told me i am wrong when i clearly wasn't which makes you wrong. Simple as that.

• You might want to re-read everything that she had said, she pretty much stated everything correctly.

Edit: I just realized she's calling it the Pre-beta, if you didn't notice, she's referring to the Pre-Open Beta as just Pre-Beta for short. If that's what made you think she was wrong the whole time, well now you know.

• You might want to re-read everything that she had said, she pretty much stated everything correctly.

Then i am misunderstanding.

Eskchan: "The thread itself is about the Pre-beta."

Me/Cosmo: "To make thing clear. i know i was talking about the pre-open beta because i was of the understanding that that is what the Thread creator meant, which was further confirmed by their appreciative words and then leaving as they were done."

Eskchan: "That is why i specified that in the Pre-beta all characters will be deleted, and in the Open Beta will not"
    Me/Cosmo: "Daneos saying Pre-Open beta data will be deleted

"All Progress from Pre-Open Beta Test shall be deleted and everyone will start anew on Open beta which will have no wipes." "

Where am i wrong in this? Pre-beta and Pre-Open beta aren't the same as they are named differently

• Please do re-read my previous post before this one, there is an edit on it that will explain.

Edit: I just realized she's calling it the Pre-beta, if you didn't notice, she's referring to the Pre-Open Beta as just Pre-Beta for short. If that's what made you think she was wrong the whole time, well now you know.

Well there we go then. She has confused me by not using the term that Daneos has created and the whole of the forum is based on. Therefore we are both right. Or at least i am as i gave critical proof and links.

Also surely she should have noticed that and told me so that we avoided confusion instead of calling me wrong and her right when she had been using the wrong terminology the whole time.

Please do re-read my previous post before this one, there is an edit on it that will explain.

Thank you for clearing this up for me though, i was certain i was reading correctly, i do not wish to give out false information.

• Well there we go then. She has confused me by not using the term that Daneos has created and the whole of the forum is based on. Therefore we are both right. Or at least i am as i gave critical proof and links.
    Also surely she should have noticed that and told me so that we avoided confusion instead of calling me wrong and her right when she had been using the wrong terminology the whole time.

Thank you for clearing this up for me though, i was certain i was reading correctly, i do not wish to give out false information.

No problem. To be honest, yes it could've been cleared up easily, but you both were too caught up trying to prove each other wrong and say one of you was right. Well atleast you know now, that Pre-beta is just Pre-Open Beta for short and by the way, just because they may not have the same name, doesn't mean they don't or can't refer to the same thing, alright?

• No problem. To be honest, yes it could've been cleared up easily, but you both were too caught up trying to prove each other wrong and say one of you was right. Well atleast you know now, that Pre-beta is just Pre-Open Beta for short and by the way, just because they may not have the same name, doesn't mean they don't can't refer to the same thing, alright?

Yes I am aware that they now do mean the same thing. However no I was not trying to prove said other user wrong I was doing my best to clear it up for myself because I started to believe I was wrong, presenting the evidence I thought made me understand what I was saying was right for those who needed to know the answers and were clicking on this link.

And I agree. just because they are different words and phrases it doesn't mean they can not mean the same thing however in this sense we have to be careful of wording as the 3 variations of the last severs have been very close and confused newcomers. This is why I thought she was confused as it may have been a different step in the overall progress.

Again, thanks for clearing it up.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!