Upgrade System Discussion

• Let me clarify a few things here you guys are seriously missing.

Whats wrong in people attaining +15 not by lucky but by actually playing the game? Why are You guys afraid the game pvp might become skill based and not gear based? Is it so bad for a game to become skill based? By the End of its life everyone was full +15 either way. DBO system as it isn't hard at all lol. It's just frustrating and punishing for no real reason and demands lucky rather then anything else.

My sugestion is the best so far for DBO, it is very easy to control that on the dev side. They can decide how hard and how long would be to be +15 , instead of relying on luck.

PS: Early game SK are really strong ( why do you guys think budokai had 5 sks in one party?) , they HK anyone that is badly geared. Whats the fun about this?

• Upgrading was very frustrating but at the same time it could be fun. I rather have the old system, white stones are there for a reason, you could make them a drop instead of a cash shop item. Maybe increase the chance of success a bit, and instead of broken, you can just decrease the upgrade on the item.

• already fought 3 taiwan fighters they had +13/+14/+15 gear and rarely when they one shotted me.
    in DBO the faster always wins

In the time of crit defense att i believe you do that.
    In any other att, you nerver will do that, sorry.
    If you say it was in att without the broken crit defense, it's a lie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the topic, i agree with Sabin.
    Upgrade lucky based it's bullshit. Much better a upgrade based on how much people play.
    Farm stones, make money to upgrade and have a low chance of success. If fail, lost money and time.

And i made +13/+14/+15 equips in DBO, so i know what i'm talking about.

• @Sabin I don't know who are you but you made me laugh i don't know which way of think you use but how removing destroy item option removing the lucky? You don't know about what you talking, and you can be sure that everyone will afraid of you
    +15 items are special for best players, you can buy them or create not for everyone who just want it because its cool.

I played in HK and i never seen 5 sk in team your words = bullshit and lies.

Now @Anso you agree with your friends so maybe you will explain me how removing destroy item option removing the lucky of upgrade, i am not Stephen Hawking son and i can't find the point.

• I Agree.
    Like BadPico said +15 should be SPECIAL.
    DBOG isnt a SKill game, its just who have the faster Ping and the betther equip.
    Ppl working on PvE for her Equip and this +10 - +15 Staff and u want to destroy the fun of farming and working on it.
    +15 is a goal should dont bee easy to just get it.

I`m sure the most ppl her who want a easy upgradesystem are the one who staying just on the PvP-Arena and dont doing anything for it.
    I hope for the Server that DBOG will stay a hard game where is not easy to get the best EQUIP.

When you thought you couldn`t beat me, you should have run.
    Never underestimate your Enemy.
    giphy.gif

• @Sabin I don't know who are you but you made me laugh i don't know which way of think you use but how removing destroy item option removing the lucky? You don't know about what you talking, and you can be sure that everyone will afraid of you
    +15 items are special for best players, you can buy them or create not for everyone who just want it because its cool.

I played in HK and i never seen 5 sk in team your words = bullshit and lies.

Now @Anso you agree with your friends so maybe you will explain me how removing destroy item option removing the lucky of upgrade, i am not Stephen Hawking son and i can't find the point.

oh great man, You played the game in HK server? cool. I played the game since it was released In Alpha test korean server. LIke 1 year and a half ( or even 2 years) before the release of HK.So basically when You started playing DBO on your level 1 account, I had already been playing the same game for 2 years.

If I made you laugh, it wasn't my intention , Im not a comedian.
    You Should read my comment back in page 4 or something. I am not saying removing break item removes luck but instead using the system I sugested there.
    The sentence +15 items are special for best players is what made me laugh ^^. No its not, +15 items are special for lucky players. But seriously I could barelly understand like 10% of your whole post, if you are going to use broken english, at least use commas and dots.

Also removing the break system doesnt necessarily makes the upgrade system easy, It makes it less punishing. Increasing the upgrade success is what makes the upgrade system easier.

You've never seem 5 sk's in one budokai party? Well those were the "good" taiwan dbo launch times. Back then everyone was still leveling and with +6 gears . SKs would destroy anyone , the 4 finalist parties had 5 sks each.

• "oh great man, You played the game in HK server? cool. I played the game
    since it was released In Alpha test korean server. LIke 1 year and a
    half ( or even 2 years) before the release of HK.So basically when You
    started playing DBO on your level 1 account, I had already been playing
    the same game for 2 years."

-I also played in TW but who care, also we talking about your bullshit which u writing here about HK "5 sk team" which i never see. And if you play longer than someone else thats not mean you're better, where you learned this stupid logic?

"You Should read my comment back in page 4 or something. I am not saying
    removing break item removes luck but instead using the system I sugested
    there."
    -You should read because i am not talking about break option but destroy item option, don't change my words.

"The sentence +15 items are special for best players is what made me laugh ^^."
    Sorry i never saw noob with items +15 items, good for you if you saw.

• I like games that is PvP Oriented and is hardcore.
    You may call me old fashioned mmo player but failure to upgrade means broken item. Thats how it should be.
    So it'll add thrill to whoever wants to go beyond higher upgrade.

In my defense, if ever implemented an Item break system during failure. This adds more options. Lazy people wont like it but to us who likes to grind & boss hunts. Thats the best way to keep us busy.

The game itself is too young to discuss about this. There will be many things to be dealt with.

• Whats the deal with itens on DBO?
    You can drop 22.00 L itens with random stats (or buy very cheap) and you will upgrade to +10/15 at least one .... this one will be changed to a OP item with boxes who change status ..

The problem with DBO isnt the itens, if they break or not is not a problem, the problem is the chance to drop stones.
    On Oficial servers the stones (greens and purple ones u60 to u70) are very hard to drop, this make the stones very expensives.

With CHEAP itens and EXPENSIVE stones we will not care about broke or not the item, we will care about dont waste stones.

IMO, remove the chance of broke itens, kick off boxes and make the green and purple stones drops from BOSSES of UD and TMQ with good chance.
    (maybe drop of normal mobs too, but with less chance)

V4Dw2MZ.png

Sandu - Legendary 17_small.png @KR
    Temudjin - Legendary 400691440004628490.png?v=1 @TW
    letUdown - Apprentice 16_small.png @DBOG
    PARADISE @FOUNDER

zaz.jpg

• IMO, remove the chance of broke itens, kick off boxes and make the green and purple stones drops from BOSSES of UD and TMQ with good chance.
    (maybe drop of normal mobs too, but with less chance)

"remove the chance of broke itens"
    If you remove this less ppl will use white stones...

"kick off boxes"
    Make them more expensive but don't kick the server need money too.

"and make the green and purple stones drops from BOSSES of UD and TMQ with good chance"
    No broken, easy crystals drop, come on man what next? And server will get close after 5 months because no money for hosting.

@DreameR68 "3-4h and got 5green /purple stones u65/70"
    Not possible.

• keep white stones and boxes? with bad drop rate of stones will make good itens useless.
    why you will get a good item if the stones who you will need to buy to upgrade are more expensives or same dificult to drop?
    why you will get a good item if you can change a bad item to a good one?
    we have no reason to discuss about broke or not a item, because itens are not very important if you have boxes and expensive stones.
    I do not say "easy drop", I said drop from BOSS of TMQ and UD, this will make ppl do dungeons and play the game.

V4Dw2MZ.png

PARADISE @FOUNDER

zaz.jpg

• keep white stones and boxes? with bad drop rate of stones will make good itens useless.
    why you will get a good item if the stones who you will need to buy to upgrade are more expensives or same dificult to drop?
    why you will get a good item if you can change a bad item to a good one?
    we have no reason to discuss about broke or not a item, because itens are not very important if you have boxes and expensive stones.
    I do not say "easy drop", I said drop from BOSS of TMQ and UD, this will make ppl do dungeons and play the game.

"keep white stones and boxes? with bad drop rate of stones will make good itens useless."
    #Good items are never useless.

"why you will get a good item if the stones who you will need to buy to upgrade are more expensives or same dificult to drop?"
    #I am not understand this one.

• What is your parameter to say we will not have many boxes? You are the team of developers?
    I use single parameter that exists: the official server.
    There had many boxes, even they were only sold for cash.
    The best equipment must be more valuable than the stones ...
    What we saw were good equipment cheap and extremely expensive stones and the reason was simple: the largest source of stones was cash.
    In my opinion discuss whether the equipment should break or not after failure does not make sense if the equipment has no value.

V4Dw2MZ.png

PARADISE @FOUNDER

zaz.jpg

• What is your parameter to say we will not have many boxes? You are the team of developers?

lmao he think that Daneos or someone else from team will give him free box like in TW, thats why he want remove them from game... Come on i am losing faith in humans on this forum.

• Remove the broken item, not the broken option.
    Break the item it's stupid, just put that the Broken option back the item to +0, what they already did.
    This way, we still need the White Stone

I need to LOL hard when i see people saying that the upgrad system of DBO it's about farm and play.
    NO IT'S NOT. It's all about lucky and cash. Only that. You don't need to play, to farm and nothing like this. You only need to get stones with money and be lucky in system.
    Changing to cost money and drop stones, this way people will need to play the game. Farm money, farm stones and try to upgrade. If they fail, they lost the money and the stone, so, need to farm they again and again.

Boxes = Worst thing that happens in DBO. You don't need to farm good itens. Just drop one with crap adds or buy one cheap in AH. Upgrade, and when happens to have lucky and put a good upgrade, put more and more boxes until get a good add. Stupid gameplay.

Where's the farm for a upgrade?
    Where's the farm for good itens?

And bro, don't say shit about Sabin. I play with him since Korean Alpha Test, much before HK. When HK come we already play the game for almost 3 years, so, we know a lot more of the game and the atts that happens. And yes, 5 SK's already win easy with hit kills in Taiwan.

In Taiwan we made more them 300 boxes only in less them one month, because of events. And they sold for cash.
    So, again, you are trying to discuss like know more of the game with someone who play much more time them you. Sandu play since the Korean too.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!