Dbo most unbalanced mmorpg ?

• As an user said in the first page, if I spend enough time in the game every day, costantly, farming at an high tmq and on a certain CC floor, it's obvious that I'd beat an average player that puts little to no effort to the game.
    That doesn't mean that if he plays DBO like one hour per day and I play it for more time and I get stronger than him, the game is balanced.
    DBO in my opinion was a pretty unbalanced game, it has/had its pros and cons, but cons were more, but whatever, I still liked the game for what it was and I continued to play it until the end, or almost.

Quoted from "BlazingBarrager"
    Would the change from percent to exact bleed really be the end of SKs, or will it still make the SKs viable after taking into consideration all the other balancing changes done to classes and effects?

In my opinion it wouldn't be the end of them, I mean: if the other classes would get balanced, they wouldn't be dead: people would still continue to play them as usual, at least I think.
    Though if Bolt would be nerfed, I think people wouldn't use the SK as much as before, at least if it gets nerfed by somewhat a big amount.

This post is all my opinion, obviously: if someone wants to say something, go ahead, I'll gladly reply because I enjoy by TremendousCoupo"> sharingarrow-10x10.png thoughts with other people and stuff like that!

• Exactly cece. I'm pretty sure the devs wouldn't nerf Bold Strike too much. Just enough to not make it so overpowered while at the same time still making the class fulfill its role.

That is what I was talking about. If they manage to get Bold Strike to an acceptable level of power (without nerfing it too much, as you said) it would be great and I'd love to play as a Namekian SK (which is a thing I didn't like in DBO because of its power with his skills, as Bold Strike being a primary example).

But I'm feared that if they nerf it, even with the right amount of power, some people wouldn't play SK 'cause they would think the class is dead or something else, which is a thing I hope won't happen because otherwise I'd be pretty sad to not see any SK if they nerfed BS giving it a normal value of power.

• That is what I was talking about. If they manage to get Bold Strike to an acceptable level of power (without nerfing it too much, as you said) it would be great and I'd love to play as a Namekian SK (which is a thing I didn't like in DBO because of its power with his skills, as Bold Strike being a primary example).

But I'm feared that if they nerf it, even with the right amount of power, some people wouldn't play SK 'cause they would think the class is dead or something else, which is a thing I hope won't happen because otherwise I'd be pretty sad to not see any SK if they nerfed BS giving it a normal value of power.

The only reason people would play Shadow Knights is because they want to be very good players. This is one of the things I hate about the vanilla DBO. People shouldn't pick classes based on who they believe is the best. All classes should be balanced to a point so that choosing a class can be more of a preference than just which is good and which is not. For example, if people prefer having a tank that excels at 1 on 1 combat (whether it's players or mobs) than they can go with Shadow Knights, while if they prefer a tank that excels at dealing with multiple targets they can go with Dark Warriors. Choosing a class should be about what role a player wants to play as as well as personal preference, not on playing to be the best.

• The only reason people would play Shadow Knights is because they want to be very good players.

Yeah, I knew (and I still know) alot of people that in the vanilla DBO used the SK and they were very good players.
    There was this guy with a strange name that was a level 50-60 (I don't remember) SK, he had even another character which was a Saiyan.
    He was really, really quiet, he never talked in the guild chat but after some time I joined the guild and I made him speak with us alot more, he started to open up more towards us and stuff like that, it was really cool. I enjoyed talking and playing with him 'cause he was really a good player, I miss him.

• I played a lot of mmo and I can guarantee you that dbo is not the most unballanced game.

100% agree!
    But still very unballanced ...
    Why you will make a Crane if you can make a turtle (better on PVP AT ALL, and better on PVE too)
    Why you will make a DW if you can make a SK? (better on PVP, and pve)
    Why you will make a Swordmaster if you can make a fighter? (better on pvp and pve)
    Why you will make a GC if you can make a ultimate? (better on pvp and pve)

DW, Crane and Swordmaster are very weaker than the "other options".

V4Dw2MZ.png

Sandu - Legendary 17_small.png @KR
    Temudjin - Legendary 400691440004628490.png?v=1 @TW
    letUdown - Apprentice 16_small.png @DBOG
    PARADISE @FOUNDER

zaz.jpg

• i think there are only 2 classes that need to be reworked, dark warrior and shadow knight, for some reason the second could do everything twice as effective as the former, all other classes are fine they all add something unique to a party and are fun to play overall

Not quite. Grand Chefs are severally under powered despite possessing better attack skills and Plasma Majins are just outclassed by Turtle Hermits period. I believe all classes need to be reworked in some way. For example:

Crane Hermits: They're just as good as Turtle Hermits in PvE and even possess better debuffs than Turtle Hermits as well as the ability to heal. The problem is that they were severally nerfed for PvP when they lost their stun "Lost in Time" not to mention the presence of anti-bleed gear. Their added attack skills are pretty much useless outside of Thousand Slashes and even then it requires at least 4 SP to be good. Bringing back "Lost in Time" would be a great way to rework Cranes, but it should also be nerfed due to having a ridiculous range (35m).

Swordsman: This class literally got the short end of the stick with the level 70 cap due to the reworked effects of Figthers' "High Speed Needle" skills and the added "Hit Rate Increase" passive buff. I know Fighters need to be reworked due to their increased dodge and crit. rate, but I don't know how Swordsmen can be reworked, especially if crit. rate gets capped. One possible way is to make them more Hybrid friendly since their physical and ki skills do nearly the same base damage. Being able to use their ki skills will also make up for their terrible range.

Grand Chefs: This class got heavily nerfed in the level 70 patch due to their key skill "Spirit Drain" being badly nerfed. However, merely making the skill back to its 60 cap version isn't good enough since it's incredibly overpowered so it needs to be reworked. The devs will also need to think of a way to make Grand Chefs more viable so that they aren't outclassed by Ultimates. Perhaps buffing the buffs the Grand Chef has would be good?

Plasma Majin: I really like this class so it's sad to see them outdone by Turtle Hermits. Plasma Majins are, to me, more like snipers than a pure damage dealing class, which makes sense since their passive buffs focus more on accuracy than power. They also got a great buff that can be shared with others which is a plus. Perhaps one way to buff them is make their skills slightly more powerful? I'm not too sure on this tbh.

• The cash only items made this game more unbalanced that it already was.

For the people saying SK and DW have the same tanking power. That's wrong, DW tanks way better. The only reason why people choose SK over DW is because Shadow Knights deal way more damage than a Dark Warrior + the AoE pull SK has is better.

In my opinion Dark Warriors need some kind of Health% damage to be somewhat viable.

• The cash only items made this game more unbalanced that it already was.

For the people saying SK and DW have the same tanking power. That's wrong, DW tanks way better. The only reason why people choose SK over DW is because Shadow Knights deal way more damage than a Dark Warrior + the AoE pull SK has is better.

In my opinion Dark Warriors need some kind of Health% damage to be somewhat viable.

Yes DWs tank better than SKs, but only because they're built around dealing with mobs. SKs are more for 1 on 1 tanking so that's why they don't have as good defenses. As for DWs needing Health% damage, their skill "Dragon's Punishment" already covers that since it's an AOE that adds all the health from targeted enemies back to it. As for their Taunt skills, they're more or less equal. Yes the SK's taunt has wider range and last slightly longer, but the DW's taunt has a much lower CD so it can be used more often.

And yes the Pay to Win system the old DBO had was terrible. Thankfully, DBOG won't have that. They can do stuff like dogis or name changers with their donation system, but they won't have any items meant to aid the player in that list.

• The thing is , Lost in time was removed when the devs noticed 70% of the cranes werent puting sp on that skill anymore. And then you would be thinking, wow why wouldnt cranes get lost in time Its so op!
    Well thats because resistance to paralise and bleed went on the same accessories. So if you had 100% anti bleed you'd have at least 80% paralise duration reduction, which would make lost in time last for less then a second.
    Crane had a very strong debuff that was removed though. The weight debuff would put a huge amount of targets in a state of 80% overweight , players would get most of its stats reduced by 40% at least for 7 seconds I think? Anyway, that was an I win button for party pvp and Dojo wars(Even though I think the 5 minutes cooldown made it balanced, but then we have to remember the game was balanced in korea dbo that is a lot different from tw and hk. We could get 100% cooldown reduction in DBOKr) , so it had to be removed.
    Another issue for cranes is his other main dps dot, the burning. Burning dot comes from only 3 skills, which have huge cast times and not that great
    of a damage. Searing crane should be buffed, its a high risk spell with 0 rewards.
    Speaking of high risk spells, how many of you actually built your crane based on Kikoho? I mean such a good skill right :P? You spent your own life casting a 4 s skill for no damage ahaha( even worse, most of crane attacks are physical damage based and kikoho is energy, because fk the logic).

Also Even if we remove anti bleeding lets do some math here now:

Searing crane hits burning for 750 each dot tick. at 60%LP you reduce all damage to 40% which means 750 only hits for 300 damage, meaning a character sitting at 20k health would need 66 ticks, since each tick takes 2s It would take 122s without any healing ( and not factoring health regen ) to kill him. If anyone here on this forum think this is an ok damage for a 4s cast time 30s cooldown skill, then you are crazy. Oh And btw, it only hits 750 if you use RP, its 450 damage without it.
    Then there is the fact that cranes are human and also an class that takes prep to use, if we compare then to WoW's warlock , in WoW warlocks have 5 second fear and they use those 5 seconds to prep their dots.
    So since you can't kill any enemie in pvp with dots you have to use dot explosion, since crane dots last so long , it makes this skill a huge damage dealer, if you can hit the target with a burning ( remember, 4s cast time in a class with 0 CC) , you then use a skill that transforms you into a turtle, yay!

I completly agree with you, in fact I believe NTL having 0 experience on handling mmo led them to very poor decision regarding balance. It feels like ntl didnt have a game designer.

I'd choose turtle cause I'd much rather try my luck with giant kames then cast bleeding skills or 4s searing cranes
    I'd use SKs cause I'd rather have a 2s aoe stun and much more damage potential then a no damage single target CC class
    I'd rather use fighters cause they are actually tankier then most classes in the game , they can dodge debuffs better then anyone( which is the core of the game)
    I'd rather go with Ultimate because 21% LP and 18 atribute increase is so much better then anything gc has to offer that I often ask myself why gc was even created.

• I agree 100% , but that would make swords scintilation useless. Though they could make something different with it ( like removing block cooldown for duration , idk)

I wouldn't say 100%. More like 60% or 70% at 3 SP. That way you aren't guaranteed to block every single skill but you still have a high chance at doing so if you contribute points to the skill.

• Yes DWs tank better than SKs, but only because they're built around dealing with mobs. SKs are more for 1 on 1 tanking so that's why they don't have as good defenses. As for DWs needing Health% damage, their skill "Dragon's Punishment" already covers that since it's an AOE that adds all the health from targeted enemies back to it. As for their Taunt skills, they're more or less equal. Yes the SK's taunt has wider range and last slightly longer, but the DW's taunt has a much lower CD so it can be used more often.

And yes the Pay to Win system the old DBO had was terrible. Thankfully, DBOG won't have that. They can do stuff like dogis or name changers with their donation system, but they won't have any items meant to aid the player in that list.

Shadow Knight's taunt skill could be easily spammed at level 4. All you needed was around 17CDR and use CDR RP...

I meant Health% dmg not Health% healing. xD

Agree with the rest :)

• Shadow Knight's taunt skill could be easily spammed at level 4. All you needed was around 17CDR and use CDR RP...

I meant Health% dmg not Health% healing. xD

Agree with the rest :)

Yet Dark Knight's Taunt skill will still be faster with the same equip and RP. Really it all comes down to whether you want speed or range. Also DWs don't really need a Health% dmg skill because its strongest skill Energy Siege can easily be spammed and has a great AOE range, and since it's guaranteed that DWs are getting buffed that skill will be able to deal with mobs a lot easier than what SKs are capable of. Again, DWs are for fighting in party and numerous mobs while SKs are for fighting 1 on 1 players and mobs. With the game being balanced better than what NTL tried (and failed) to do we'll most likely see both classes be near equal in usage so that choosing which one will be entirely based on preference and wanted role.

• DW are more tanker than Sk.
    But a crit of a decent fighter can kill both, and a nice SK can tank all BOSSES on this game.

So ... DW is useless.

Sword/Crane/GC are not useless, but why you will make this classes if the other option (fighter/turtle/ultimate) is better on PVE/PVP?

V4Dw2MZ.png

Sandu - Legendary 17_small.png @KR
    Temudjin - Legendary 400691440004628490.png?v=1 @TW
    letUdown - Apprentice 16_small.png @DBOG
    PARADISE @FOUNDER

zaz.jpg

• See it's this kind of thinking that needs to stop. NTL was terrible with their balancing so they made it to where only certain classes were viable while others were crap. This shouldn't be the case in DBOG. Players should be entitled to choose races/classes they want instead of having to go for classes that are considered "better." Seriously leaving the classes the same as in vanilla DBO would be incredibly pointless and opt players to go through the same crap they did in old DBO.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!