Xbox Scorpio; Microsoft's belated April Fool's joke?

• So, Scorpio finally has its specs revealed

^And Jesus, is it disappointing. The moment he said "2.3 ghz CPU clock speed" it was all over. I CANNOT believe that Microsoft refused to learn form the MASSIVE disappointment of the Ps4 Pro with its incredibly dated CPU bottlenecking its decent GPU. Now we have the Scorpio, delivering all its fabled 6 TFlop GPU performance, BUT it still has a variation of that TIRED old obsolete Jaguar CPU from half a decade ago. The Direct X 12 on board chip is going to alleiviate all the shortcomings of the CPU, you say? Ok, thats great for new titles that SUPPORT DX 12, ..... but what about the MASSIVE number of titles that either already exist on the platform, or will come out eventually that do NOT support DX 12? *SMFH*

For all the idiots saying "this thing is cutting edge!" ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AiQlu7h5C4&feature=youtu.be&t=15m11s

First the Pro: disappointed on all fronts but I got one just cuz I needed a PS4 (and I had waited til this point to buy one so why not get the *slightly* better version?). Then the Switch, which is a complete piece of trash (which brings a fucking tear to my eye considering how freaking amazing Nintendo was in the NES-NGC generations). Disappointing last-gen Tegra x1 chip integration, when the Pascal iteration would have been better in every single way (while still being cheap AF). Switch was just a plain facepalm for me, after waiting months in anticipation; and that is without mentioning all the damn hardware problems the thing has. Now the Scorpio is once again leaving me out in the cold with NOTHING to look forward to in the forseeable future for gaming. And don't tell me "oh get a PC then" because I find PC gaming to be a huge pain in the ass. Gaming is meant to be an enjoyable experience; PC is just a frustration inducing nightmare with how much micro-management is necessary to get things to run "perfectly". Yes PC is objectively BETTER, but I personally don't want anything to do with it -.-

*sigh*.... Idk, man. Things are just getting straight up depressing. All I can do now is wait on Sony for the PS5, which will likely take forever and underperform when it finally hits the market judging by all these other failures so far....

I wish another company came outta nowhere and just blew me tf away with a new console. Like if Sega came back with a "Dreamcast 2" or Atari with some crazy new console. Things have become stagnant, and I am not liking it.

Please tell me this whole Xbox Scorpio "reveal" was merely an April Fool's prank and Microsoft will actually give us the REAL specs at e3, showing off that it actually has a PROPER Cpu running around 3.5-4 ghz clock speeds... (please, please, PLEASE! Q.Q)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!