Alpha testing

• I am an experienced Alpha and Beta tester going back to the early 2000s. I am posting to inform other players who are not experienced Alpha and Beta testers what their jobs are if you are selected. The creators of this game are testing and the game will be glitchy. It is our job to ACTIVELY seek out these bugs and glitches and report them. I recommend a good screenshot tool. I personally use FRAPS. It is quick and doesn't hinder gameplay. I know it may seem like a lot but you need to report EVERYTHING. Yes even the obvious bugs and glitches that everyone will be exposed to. What I like to do personally, focusing on my strengths as a writer, is to seek out grammar mistakes. This is a story and quest driven game so there is an enormous amount of text. I will be reading and possibly rereading everything to ensure that it looks as professional as possible. This might be a fan made project but everyone working on this game is skilled and they all want to make this game look as great as it should be and the fans will expect the best. There is a good chance I won't be chosen to play in the Alpha test tomorrow because only 500 players are going to be picked but I want to make sure that the people that ARE chosen do everything they can to help out the DBO team. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all in-game. :D

• What I like to do personally, focusing on my strengths as a writer, is to seek out grammar mistakes. This is a story and quest driven game so there is an enormous amount of text. I will be reading and possibly rereading everything to ensure that it looks as professional as possible.

The game's translation still has a very long way to go. We're all aware of what needs to be done and corrected in regards to that at this point, so don't bother looking into that.

This will be our second test, so as usual, for anyone who finds a bug, just report it here: https://dboglobal.to/forum/support/closed-alpha-bugs/

However, try to see if the bug you're reporting hasn't already been reported, unless you have some important piece of information to add. Having a huge cluster of repeated threads isn't going to help Daneos and is just going to end up wasting his time.

• However, try to see if the bug you're reporting hasn't already been reported, unless you have some important piece of information to add. Having a huge cluster of repeated threads isn't going to help Daneos and is just going to end up wasting his time.

Yeah, and there is the problem.. I (and i'm sure other users too) can't see the posts of other users in this section, only mine.. If i try to see a post from a different user it says - you don't have permission.." It was possible to check until early april, but now i can't open other posts in support / bug section at all(only mine).. Please check this! I didn't change anything in my settings.. Maybe a "Bug" :whistling:

• Yeah, and there is the problem.. I (and i'm sure other users too) can't see the posts of other users in this section, only mine.. If i try to see a post from a different user it says - you don't have permission.." It was possible to check until early april, but now i can't open other posts in support / bug section at all(only mine).. Please check this! I didn't change anything in my settings.. Maybe a "Bug" :whistling:

Yes, I share the same view as you about that. It did make things a bit difficult last time, since not everyone uses the most clear topic titles.

But still, try to see if there is a thread called, for example, "Mount speed bugged", or something (not saying the mount speed is bugged right now, but just an example). Then you'll know that whatever's wrong with the mount movement speed has already been reported and Daneos will be looking over it.

I personally don't know why the threads are made private in that forum section and if Daneos has a reason for it. But I'll bring the matter up with him and see if he can change it.

• Oh OK. I wasn't sure how far you had gotten in the translation process. I will focus on exploring and running into things to see if I can glitches into or glitch through things or see if changing certain settings in the game cause any problems. I will have a better idea of how I can help if I manage to make it into the game and see how far along you guys are.

• I personally don't know why the threads are made private in that forum section and if Daneos has a reason for it. But I'll bring the matter up with him and see if he can change it.

That would be nice! There is no need to have the right to answer that Support topic posts(that should be for team only), but permission to watch these post is something very important for me when i test an alpha.. Saves my time and Daneos's time too.. Since i used to report alot of bugs at once(a days "work") i mostly named my reports "day xx.xx bugs found" during alpha #1..
    I was just wondering why some useres seem able to see the posts and even answer them..

• I am an experienced Alpha and Beta tester going back to the early 2000s. I am posting to inform other players who are not experienced Alpha and Beta testers what their jobs are if you are selected. The creators of this game are testing and the game will be glitchy. It is our job to ACTIVELY seek out these bugs and glitches and report them. I recommend a good screenshot tool. I personally use FRAPS. It is quick and doesn't hinder gameplay. I know it may seem like a lot but you need to report EVERYTHING. Yes even the obvious bugs and glitches that everyone will be exposed to. What I like to do personally, focusing on my strengths as a writer, is to seek out grammar mistakes. This is a story and quest driven game so there is an enormous amount of text. I will be reading and possibly rereading everything to ensure that it looks as professional as possible. This might be a fan made project but everyone working on this game is skilled and they all want to make this game look as great as it should be and the fans will expect the best. There is a good chance I won't be chosen to play in the Alpha test tomorrow because only 500 players are going to be picked but I want to make sure that the people that ARE chosen do everything they can to help out the DBO team. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all in-game. :D

This is a good tip to post. While a lot of people are excited to play the game, they must also realize that they have a "job" to do in that week the closed alpha is going on and look for all bugs possible. Let's be honest, there are people who are going to be chosen and spam the game for a week to play. Everyone with access should report SOMETHING. After all, it's only a week -- not much to do but find as many bugs as possible.

Sethmon, if I can make a suggestion: if you're not chosen maybe consider purchasing one of the founder packs that gives you access? Someone with your experience would be helpful to the testing and the purchase is a donation to the team and the game. Also you get some cool stuff. I purchased the S. Saiyan pack just in the off chance I wasn't chosen, and I want to be able to help perfect the game and donate to it.

Thanks and good luck!

• This is a good tip to post. While a lot of people are excited to play the game, they must also realize that they have a "job" to do in that week the closed alpha is going on and look for all bugs possible. Let's be honest, there are people who are going to be chosen and spam the game for a week to play. Everyone with access should report SOMETHING. After all, it's only a week -- not much to do but find as many bugs as possible.

Sethmon, if I can make a suggestion: if you're not chosen maybe consider purchasing one of the founder packs that gives you access? Someone with your experience would be helpful to the testing and the purchase is a donation to the team and the game. Also you get some cool stuff. I purchased the S. Saiyan pack just in the off chance I wasn't chosen, and I want to be able to help perfect the game and donate to it.

Thanks and good luck!

Thank you.
    I am seriously considering buying the Super Saiyan Founder Pack. Money is a little tight this month because my girlfriend's birthday is on the 25th and I promised I would spoil her but I might borrow money from someone and pay them back next month to be able to buy a Founder Pack.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!