Super Kaio-ken

• So, what's the Super Kaio-ken?
    It's a transformations Goku uses when he fights against Pikkon, in the Other World Tournament: while he uses this form, we can see him with the crimson aura that the Kaio-ken has, but he has his hairstyle changed, like the one of a Super Saiyan.
    Here you can find more informations about this technique:

So, basically this just gives an enormous power, and I thought it could be a thing in DBOG, or something like that.
    Let me explain: the SSJ gives a certain amount of stats and so does the Kaio-ken. What about combining them both in order to make this transformations possible? Obviously, it shouldn't be the overpowered like it should combine the stats but not really make them stronger, just by a tiny bit.
    After using the transformation, in twenty seconds, fifteen maybe, you go back to normal, because it shouldn't be too strong, as I said.

Another thing I think about this is to give this skill, if it should ever be implemented, a long cooldown in order to not use it too much, like 1 hour or something like that. Another debuff I'd personally add would be the fact that after you go back to normal, you get your EP down to 0 or something like that.
    Hope this is a good suggestion for you all.

• Yeah not to mention the transformation isn't even canon not to mention a death wish. Basically, a fanboyism idea that goes against the effort to balance the game.

That's a little harsh don't you think?
    He was just making a suggestion. Just because something didn't or wouldn't have worked in the old DBO games doesn't mean we can't implement some new stuff.
    That being said I kind of have to agree with you and say regular Kaio-ken and SSJ is fine for humans.

• I'll just say this: in my opinion canon doesn't mean "the only way to go".
    I mean, not everything in DBO is canon, and it can't be, that's my thought though.

So basically, answering to all your posts: Super Kaio-Ken isn't unbalanced as you think it is.
    It has its pros and its cons, as an example as I said in my post it can't be used always, it should have a long cooldown etc.

But why am I suggesting this, if that's so "unbalanced"?
    It's to add diversity in the game, why? Because there are a lot of projects that are working on a DBO private server and I just posted this suggestion in order for us to diversify among the others communities. If it's an idea that you think would be unbalanced, why don't you say how to make it better instead of just saying: "no, this idea isn't good because it's unbalanced"?
    Like, help me in my suggestion in order to make it more balanced, instead of just rejecting the idea. Just my thought though.

• Super kaio-ken is a cool thought, it just wouldnt work in this game. sorry bud.

Canon is overrated, theres how many iterations of dragon ball now? Who honestly cares at this point.

Lmao they had Jason mask accessories in the game so yeah he we can throw canon out the window

• Its not impossible. After all, all these ideas everyone has could only be implemented into the game after it comes out and is doing good ~ but it really doesn't go with the game story as other have and will say but regardless, it's all a nice idea :thumbsup:

• Okay disregarding canon the other reason why this is a bad idea is because using Kaio-Ken and SSJ together would kill you. Remember that scene where Goku uses it? He was out of breath afterwards. Wouldn't be as big of a deal if it weren't for the fact that he was dead. Now try using that on a living body. The strain would be too much for it to handle and the user would tear themselves apart after merely activating it. There's a reason why Goku never tried using Kaio-Ken as a Super Saiyan. Considering how our characters have enough strain from using SSJ alone (if the 15 sec stun animation is anything to go by) using Kaio-Ken and SSJ at the same time would kill our characters. If we were to give Humans another transformation than SSJ2 would be the best way to go. Of course there would be the issue of what to offer Majins and Namekians.

Honestly, simply having SSJ is good enough for Earthlings. If the devs take my SP suggestion into consideration than all the transformations would offer enough power to get through plenty of situations.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!