the game closes by itself

• Hello everyone, I've encountered a problem and the title says it all but I'll give some details in case it will help.

before I begin I just want to say that I've searched if there was another thread with the same problem that I'm having but, unfortunately couldn't find any so I made this one, and I went to the How to post thread to read the FAQ in case I find the solution there, it said Access Denied, not sure if its normal.

so I've played the game 1 or 2 years ago, and it worked fine with the client and files that I had but I formatted my pc since then.

so I logged-in to my account and downloaded the game, oppened the launcher as admin, the launcher downloaded the update and everything is fine, I launched the game, logged into my account I was surprised to find that my character is still there I thought it was deleted because the server got reset or something, but anyways after selecting my character and channel I was in the game playing, but after a couple of minutes the game just closes by itself, no error message, no dissconnection issues on my end atleast, no feedback that something went wrong and it happens everytime, is it because of my 1 or 2 year old character? I'm not sure , and my antivirus is disabled same thing for the firewall.

so I hope there is a fix for whatever problem that I'm encountering, and thanks in advance :)

• Hello,

Recently the game client has been updated, so I recommend you download it (if you haven't downloaded it yet) since the old client may have problems like the one that has happened to you and you won't get any future updates.

Download it here: https://dboglobal.to/download

If you already have the new client and that is not your issue, try following these steps to see if you can fix it:

Regards

• Hi Hardlock and thnx for the fast reply, sorry I haven't said that in the 1st post, but I'm not using the old client I downloaded the game this day.

and I have the latest version of directx and drivers as well as the visual studio packages I even run them and chose the repair option just in case they were corrupted, still the same problem and I even noticed that the game hangs and freezes and stutters , which didn't happen before because it ran well and I haven't encountered these problems, as for the network cable I can't use any because I don't have a long cable and as I mentioned before the game ran well without me using the Ethernet cable.

and thanks in advance for the help.

• DreameR68 Hi and thnx for the suggestion , about my account being old I thought the same, so I created a new one with a new character and got the same result, and for trying to place the dbo to my desktop I tried too and no that didn't work either :(

Kamo Hi I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems too , but have you tried to install directx and the Visual Studio package?

are you running the launcher as Admin? and is it an old client or a newer one? I hope you can fix your problem quickly so you can have fun , and good luck.

• massi93 Hi thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it, I actually lowered the setting before but just in my AMD Catalyst Control Panel , I'll try to do it in game and Edit this post to see whether it worked or not , but its frustrating because I was able to run the game before on high and medium 2years ago and it worked just fine :( and even back then I was able to play the official DBO on the Taiwanese server on medium and high and that in a Pentium 4 pc which is way older than the current one I'm using that is why I'm frustrated :(

Edit: I lowered the settings and no it didn't work , after logging in I am in the game for like not even 5 minutes and it just closes no error message , nothing it just closes, though thanks again for the suggestions everyone ^^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!