Sudden fps drop

• Hi guys.

I am experiencing some technical issues, which a ticket support correspondence couldn't resolve. Hence why I made this thread.

In short: my game will sudden up and drop to the low 20 fps, and stay like that until I hit Alt + Tab (which fixes it), and afterwards the frames will return to their normal (60+). Side question: what is the maximum frames one can achieve, and how?

Disclaimer: my rig is more than capable of DBOG, client launcher and dbo.exe is whitelisted and allowed through my firewall, all my drivers, OS etc. are up-to-date.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi Oroshimitsu.

Alright. I think so too, because my high-end pc with a 165Hz monitor also can't exceed the 60 frames point.

My issue isn't lag. My game runs silky smooth without lag, until from time to time (and seemingly at fully random times) the fps will just drop down to 20, and then stay locked there for whatever reason. It's just really annoying, so I was hoping someone have experienced it themselves, and have found a permanent fix for this.

• Hi EsDeath.

Thanks for your reply, and for linking the lag fix.
    Unfortunately, as I also wrote up above, it didn't do anything for me. The problem is not lag, as I have zero-to-none of that, but rather that for some reason, the fps will randomly drop to around 20 and stay locked there, until I alt + tab in and out of the game window (which then normalizes it). During some gaming sessions of DBOG it happens rarely, and then during other game sessions, it can happen every 10 minutes or so.

The only idea of the problem I have (although testing didn't resolve it) is due to my 165Hz overclocked IPS monitor, and / or the enabling of my G-sync. Any ideas?

• Hi EsDeath.

Thanks for your reply, and for linking the lag fix.
    Unfortunately, as I also wrote up above, it didn't do anything for me. The problem is not lag, as I have zero-to-none of that, but rather that for some reason, the fps will randomly drop to around 20 and stay locked there, until I alt + tab in and out of the game window (which then normalizes it). During some gaming sessions of DBOG it happens rarely, and then during other game sessions, it can happen every 10 minutes or so.

The only idea of the problem I have (although testing didn't resolve it) is due to my 165Hz overclocked IPS monitor, and / or the enabling of my G-sync. Any ideas?

Turn off cell shading and lookie if that makes any change. Other then that if may be a hidden process that rapes your CPU inside out. A defective monitor should not be a problem for FPS drops.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!