Important proposal

• If you're asking about an AFK system I'm pretty sure one already exists (at least if I was AFK too long I would be removed from the server.) And if not I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the first features rolled in with closed/open beta :)

• Yeah haha. Sitting there for hours to get the points was a "fun" process to say the least xD There's going to be peeps on both sides of the lines of saying there should be or shouldn't be a AFK system. The original didn't have a AFK-booting system but we'll have to wait and see ~I hope there isn't one. That would kinda suck :thumbdown:

• If you're asking about an AFK system I'm pretty sure one already exists (at least if I was AFK too long I would be removed from the server.) And if not I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the first features rolled in with closed/open beta :)

There was no AFK system in original DBO, if you had been taken from server, it may habe been because of server crash, or because your internet provider disconnected you.. Some of them automaticaly disconnect and reconnect you once every 24h!
    If you talk about DBOG, you just have been disconneced because of server crash or restart! No AFK system as far as i know..

• There use to be system that wasn't AFK system as others.
    It is called bot check. When you PVE around, you get it.

It is, you get some "task to do" and after that you get buff, if you success, and if you fail you get negative point.

1-3 negative points and you are kicked out of game, that is if time is up and you didn't put symbols right, or you didn't put them at all, you get negative point.

If I am right, this would happen after every hour....

Well if I am wrong, you guys correct me.

PS: Maybe this can be edited soo it can work as AFK check too.

• Ah that's a pretty good way to go about things, sounds like the random events in Runescape.

• I hope there's no afk system that logs you off because the original DBO never had that. I used to make my characters go afk for hours and would accumulate points. I also loved finding places near the plat where me and my friends would go afk together.

I agree whenever I went AFK I'd go super saiyan just for the hell of looking epic and sat down to maintain my super form. But if an AFK system helps the server from getting full and eventually slowing it down then I'm all for it.

• You're right. I almost forgot about the bot check. That did occur every so often. That in itself is a kind of AFK system via the negative points. I do vote for this bot-check system though because it's a good way to get rid of bots and the original DBO had it :rolleyes:

• "Bot-Check" had nothing to do with AFK, Bot-Checlk only appeared if you killed a certain number of mobs.. It was to prevent "bots" from collect money by killing low lvl mobs and sell that money on stupid sites like NGW.. So they wanted you to verify that you are human, by entering a code..
    I'm not remember the number of mobs you had to kill without log out to see "Bot-Check" i think it was around 500 or so.. I sometimes got it twice in 60 min..

• Most games which had an AFK system was because the game didnt support multiple channels. But a game with multiple channels dont need an afk system. If 1 channel is full then you simple select an other channel.

Conclusion:

We wont create a system which kicks players for being afk.

Bam. There ya go. Daneos has layed down the law. No AFK system =^.^=

• Most games which had an AFK system was because the game didnt support multiple channels. But a game with multiple channels dont need an afk system. If 1 channel is full then you simple select an other channel.

Conclusion:

We wont create a system which kicks players for being afk.

You're the man! Btw there may have been an afk system that logged you off after 24 hours but I can't really remember. I remember leaving my game on all night and then waking up disconnected from the server. But that could have been my internet going off or the game being updated.

• You're the man! Btw there may have been an afk system that logged you off after 24 hours but I can't really remember. I remember leaving my game on all night and then waking up disconnected from the server. But that could have been my internet going off or the game being updated.

There was no AFK system in original DBO, if you had been taken from server, it may habe been because of server crash, or because your internet provider disconnected you.. Some of them automaticaly disconnect and reconnect you once every 24h!

In germany i-net providers have to disconnect you once every 24h, it is called "Zwangstrennung", maybe this is what has happend to you too..

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!