Useless Summon

• Almost 4 months ago "the nameless PL" made a post asking for some suggestions about the poko summon. After 61 replies and a lot of other post (ex1 - ex2 - ex3) we receive a good silent nothing. So i deiced to made a video to show how useless is a summoner.

A summons lv5 with 65% of speed atack will kill a char with 0 def, 7k of life in aprox 22s.

A summons lv5 with 65% of speed atack will kill a char with 4.2k def, 13k of life in aprox 2min and 51s (something close to a good geared human in cap 60).

Whats the difficult to at least improve the summon dmg ?

• the summons are decoys they work as tanks or for pulling mobs with little dps output not more not less

they never should be used to do more damage as the char itself

it is to op in pvp if the pet and the char makes much damage

• maybe make a skill for pets to be more useful in pve situations like a super taunt that keeps mobs locked on the pet and the aggro cant be taken from farmers.

also giving pets more aoe on there attacks could help make it more practical.

interms of damage im with quvades keeping it were its at.

Im aware in the taiwan game pets did more damage but we must remember this isnt taiwan this is dragonball online global :)

• the summons are decoys they work as tanks or for pulling mobs with little dps output not more not less

they never should be used to do more damage as the char itself

it is to op in pvp if the pet and the char makes much damage

The problem is that none of them(poko and the summons) have a huge dmg, poko dmg is antenna beam, a dragon clan skill.

Im not asking to make a summon op, just good...how is possible to a summon do less dmg that all dps skill ?

And about pve, even in that case the summon is useless. There is no use for them in ccdg, ud or tmq, how they can be a pve option ?

• they are atk speed based chars playing it in a other way is not possible even if they change something on the summons you dont use the atk skills from poko tree you only use heals and buffs+ atk speed of your auto atk

• Its not possible cuz the summon is useless, he doesn't have dmg, thats the point, even to tank they are useless, you have to agree that even if "he" increase the summon dmg 2x that will change almost nothing. And you have to remember that sword, dw and gc got some skills changes and that did not broke the game.

• how is a summoner useless? , less take for an example a ccbd party ( dende , poko , buffer 2 dps (turtle/karma) ) [notank] you can use the poko pet, to buff him up and use him as a 6 member in ur ccbd party as a tank against boss's or mobs. pve wise, for pvp i don't see much use for it unless it has a KD Skill or a stun. (also on pve) you can use it to gather mobs for you , while you spam ur auto speed attacks. it's not 100% useless if you look at it.

• In a ccdg boss floor a summon deal something around 1% of the group dmg. Not 100% useless but really close to that. Thats why u almost never see poko doing that, is just a waste of time.

a poko pet in ccbd is a punching bag. for the team so the other 4 can spam auto attacks on the boss while he is 100% agro'd into the poko pet. how is that 99% useless? no one cares about poko pet dmg , he's health and defense is all that matters.

• fanshar is right pet is useless for pve. Flying dragon deals 1% of party dmg and is very squishy. Land dragon deals even less dmg is bit more tanky than sky dragon but still gets 1 shot by boss, bugs between mob floors (from my experience) and is useless even for gathering mobs cuz player can do it faster. Oh and btw pet is kinda hard to controll his AI needs some work. So yeah basicaly maxing any dragon is waste of 4SP.

As for PvP aspect i havent tested it yet but have an idea to use pet as decoy. If enemy ignores him pet dmg is gonna summ up to some considerable amount to help you win by more %LP while Poko goes untargetable. Alternatively enemy is going to kill pet giving Poko some free time to dps opponent.

• How is poko a summoner if summons are useless..?

Honestly, I've said it before and I'll say it again summoners are my favourite class when available (diablo, Poe). DBO doesn't have a summoner

Change poko's skills so attack speed is just an addition and summonS (plural) make decent dps when set up properly

Nothing beats the feeling you get playing witch doctor in diablo, basically leading an army of monsters to rip your enemies apart

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!