Here comes a new Challenger!

• Hey there!

First of all: It wasn't my intention to create a introduction thread. My main-intention was to reply to the translation thread. Seems I am not allowed to do that or something along the line (can't find a reply button).

Anyway: I am 28 years old, from germany and speak both fluent (german aswell as english).
    And I am here to offer my help (obviously) with a german <=> english translation.

Regarding my backgrounds (wich is quite long by now, started with file, server and hardwarehacking at the age of 12).
    - Ultima Online (Sphere and RunUO) (GM, Server Admin, Developer, Translator)
    - Dark Age of Camelot (COAD/DOL) (GM, Admin, Translator, Webdev)
    - Anarchy Online (aocell) (Developer, translator, 3rd-Party tools dev)
    - Star Wars Galaxies (swg emu phase 1) (translator, bug-fixing-dev)
    - World of Warcraft (translator when there was no translation, Quest-dev (created quests, indeed), Database-Dev)
    - Lineage 2 (L2J) (GM, Dev, Translator (worlds first german translated L2 server) and Ex-Admin of Adenserver)
    - Neocron 1+2 (ProjectNC) (GM, Dev, Translator)

And I am pretty sure I forgot most of the others - small helping-hand-jobs....you know :P.
    Right now I am semi-active on a semi-commercial project to create a spiritual successor of a closed down MMO (using unreal engine and other lovely tools).
    Therefore I do have some time left. And if wanted/needed I could shift some workpower over to your project.
    It always bothers me when a game "dies" for no reason.

Why is all this stuff in english? Because I can ;)!
    Just joking. But it wouldn't make much sense to write this with just 5 people lurking around who would understand what I wrote.

So if anyone wants to read this in german: leave a message and it could get translated in no-time ;).

Do I know the DB universe:
    Well, sort of!
    Read the Mangas (Dragonball/ Z saga), watched the TV show (Dragonball/ Z Saga) (the old stuff) and of course I read Dragonball AF.
    I skipped: Dragonball GT.
    Wished they would have taken AF as sequel, not GT. But that's just my opinion.

Greetings,
    Cere

• Woah, great Curriculum...
    I'm actually helping to translate to Portuguese :D Nice to meet you!

Daneos, the admin here, is from german, probably he will appear here to answer you and give you more info!

Hehehe, thanks.
    And nice to meet you guys'n'gals too!

But it isn't that impressive in my opinion.
    Otherwise I would already be occupied with alot of actual paid work ;).
    But companies nowadays prefer to outsource. It's cheaper than hiring someone with some expierence in certain areas.
    It's something you can see at gamescom for example.
    Some publishers have a quite big community. I was SuperMod/Admin of such community but not hired by a publisher. A Volunteer, if you want to call it that way.
    Well instead of sending their own people, they tried to get people like me to run their booth (including speeches).
    Wasn't much of a problem in my case, BUT they didn't covered the expenses (Hotel, GC-Tickets, travelling costs).
    Therefore: Big bad company, booo! Tries to use their customers to save money. And this is a no-go in my opinion.

Or maybe the big companies are afraid of leaking, but that's something wich won't happen.
    You know, I prefer to sign an NDA in order to protect my work. As long as it is closed source, of course.
    All you see above is just some work I did for self-education, aswell as education for others.
    Of course - this has something to do with staying in a legal area. Was quite a hassle back in the days with NCSoft (the only company wich tried to shut a project down - without success).

Well, I wrote a PM to Saito, like it is written in the translation thread.
    I guess it's just a matter of time till I get an answer.

And if not - there are other projects around the web.

Welcome.

I dont understand why everyone hates GT :D I watched it 2 or 3 times lol

Thank you!
    I am not a fan of the chibi-style they used in GT.
    Also, the voiceover was something...one needs to get used to in my opinion.

And even if Dragonball is cool (need to mention this, because there is not much mainstream I actually like),
    I prefer mature styled animes/mangas/games with a sci-fi, cyberpunk, steampunk core.
    Ghost in the Shell, MD Geist, Gantz, or the Super Robot Wars series.
    Unfortunately the SRW doesn't has much of a english translation, nor german. And my japanese only contains words like "Baka", "seppuku", and so on. You get the idea of my non-existing japanese language skills. Also I never got the opportunity to learn japanese. And self-education isn't much of a choice when it comes to actually speaking japanese.

• I expected something else when i read "Challenger!" in the title... You disappoint me...

Awww, I am sorry for you. But I love that old Street Fighter line ;).
    Also it would be easier if you could tell us, what you were expecting.

A decent PvP'er? Sorry Mate, I am bad as hell in PvP ;). Even a 5 year old could beat the hell out of me :D .
    My "open for competition"-time has ended around 10 years ago :).

• u know animes have subs.....

• u know animes have subs.....

You know that most subs are mostly jibberish?
    Reason is simple due the translation and the translator. Sometimes (often) stuff gets lost or just misinterpreted.
    So either learn it correctly or let it alone.
    Due my habbit and sense of perfection and self-critism, I simply prefer learning a language completely and correctly.
    Half-hearted work can be done by fanboys/gals. This no option for me, sorry.
    Also an anime/sub is unlikely to teach me any j-business related ;).
    I know the code of conduct over there, also I do have a few friends in japan. Unfortunately they prefer to speak in german with me.
    And smaller business related stuff is handled in german aswell.

• First, welcome to DBOG!
    Second, and I hope you have time to read this, the reason you can't be a translator here is how long it has been. The thread about translators was really long ago, last update from the admin was like 7 months earlier (April 16th 2015). There were many translator participants... I can't even count them.
    Third, your "background" in translating and all the other stuff (GM, Admin, Developer... et cetera) is really cool and I like it. Ouh, by the way, I am terrible in PvP as well. I never seem to get the right "equipment" for Player Vs Player fighting styles.
    Finally, enjoy what ever you do!

• Welcome

• PM me an application for translator job if you can't post on that thread. Also Welcome :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!